Absa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Principal Manager Position Interview

Interview

5 competency based interviews. You really have to know your stuff. Was kept informed to a point, but as with most banks there were days and weeks that went by without a word.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough leadership decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Basically told if I really want to make the move I must accept because this is not a bartering opportunity.

Specialist Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

Very limited process as I was recruited by HR. As I was working on a contract basis in another division, I was asked if I would be interested in the position. I was interested, so the process was limited and very quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what i wanted and that was what i was offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

They were very quick to respond to my application. The interview was efficient and concise. The interviewer was connected to the team I would be put in and she was effective in getting everything she needed to ask out. It was a demanding but satisfying interview that kept me thinking and on my feet.

Interview Questions

• Asking what I would improve in their processes. It was difficult as I hadn't yet had a feel for their corporate culture.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Absa (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was surprised that I only had one interview, and then they hired me, but only a few months later. I thought it was a little strange that there was only one interview. I would have expected at least one more interview with other members of the team

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

Online application, next stage a series of online psychometric tests powered by shl direct. The numerical test involved a lot of currency questions in table form. After passing these test proceed to assessment center at their offices which involved two activities: making a 10 minute presentation after reading material for 45 minutes and a group discussion on the same material. Next stage was a phone interview as I was living far from the office I had chosen. mainly behaviourial questions. how do you work with people who are more senior than you? Wish i could remember more, but about six questions. Staff was very friendly until my final round. And got rejection later in the next year which was annoying.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

Comprehensive investigation of individual and background checks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Subject to experience and qualifications

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absa (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2009.

Interview

i applied for the job through an agency. the agent set up the interview. i went to johannesburg for the interview and was there on time. it was a panel interview consisting of three panel members. the questions they asked me put me off completely. i thought that the culture of the company is not my style

Administration Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absa in April 2009.

Interview

it was a very basic interview ...the skills test was a piece of cake..jst basic ms office activities. there were no difficult or behavioral questions asked..i

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no need to negotoite since its an office work

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absa (Cape Town (South Africa)) in December 2008.

Interview

Initial communication was good. First round was part of online application forms. Tested your reasoning ability and numerical skills. Second round was a 2 hour psychometric testing also online. The psychometric tests were devided into 3 types.numerical, behavioural and personality type questions. third round was only done 2-3 weeks after round 2 which seemed a bit long. Was with a panel of 3 people. HR and 2 senior managers. The questions started off very relaxing - eg what interests you. and there after it becomes a bit more difficult. The questions aked was very related to how you think. one or two about financial industry and what you know about Absa. No brain teasers. Also senior managers were very open.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate,salary was good.