Absa

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Interview

Graduate

I applied online and interviewed at Absa.

Interview Details – Online application, next stage a series of online psychometric tests powered by shl direct. The numerical test involved a lot of currency questions in table form. After passing these test proceed to assessment center at their offices which involved two activities: making a 10 minute presentation after reading material for 45 minutes and a group discussion on the same material. Next stage was a phone interview as I was living far from the office I had chosen. mainly behaviourial questions. how do you work with people who are more senior than you? Wish i could remember more, but about six questions. Staff was very friendly until my final round. And got rejection later in the next year which was annoying.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Absa in December 2008.

Interview Details – Initial communication was good. First round was part of online application forms. Tested your reasoning ability and numerical skills. Second round was a 2 hour psychometric testing also online. The psychometric tests were devided into 3 types.numerical, behavioural and personality type questions. third round was only done 2-3 weeks after round 2 which seemed a bit long. Was with a panel of 3 people. HR and 2 senior managers. The questions started off very relaxing - eg what interests you. and there after it becomes a bit more difficult.

The questions aked was very related to how you think. one or two about financial industry and what you know about Absa. No brain teasers. Also senior managers were very open.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate,salary was good.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Absa.

Interview Details – Comprehensive investigation of individual and background checks

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Subject to experience and qualifications

Consulting Interview

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Absa in September 2009.

Interview Details – i applied for the job through an agency. the agent set up the interview. i went to johannesburg for the interview and was there on time. it was a panel interview consisting of three panel members. the questions they asked me put me off completely. i thought that the culture of the company is not my style

Interview Question – strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Administration Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Absa in April 2009.

Interview Details – it was a very basic interview ...the skills test was a piece of cake..jst basic ms office activities. there were no difficult or behavioral questions asked..i

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no need to negotoite since its an office work

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Absa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Absa interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Absa employees and interview candidates.