Absa

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.8

Principal Manager Position Interview

5 competency based interviews. You really have to know your stuff. Was kept informed to a point, but as with most banks there were days and weeks that went by without a word.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough leadership decision   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate. Basically told if I really want to make the move I must accept because this is not a bartering opportunity.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Absa.

They were very quick to respond to my application. The interview was efficient and concise. The interviewer was connected to the team I would be put in and she was effective in getting everything she needed to ask out. It was a demanding but satisfying interview that kept me thinking and on my feet.

Interview Questions
    • Asking what I would improve in their processes. It was difficult as I hadn't yet had a feel for their corporate culture.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Absa.

Online application, next stage a series of online psychometric tests powered by shl direct. The numerical test involved a lot of currency questions in table form. After passing these test proceed to assessment center at their offices which involved two activities: making a 10 minute presentation after reading material for 45 minutes and a group discussion on the same material. Next stage was a phone interview as I was living far from the office I had chosen. mainly behaviourial questions. how do you work with people who are more senior than you? Wish i could remember more, but about six questions. Staff was very friendly until my final round. And got rejection later in the next year which was annoying.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Absa.

Comprehensive investigation of individual and background checks

Interview Questions
    Subject to experience and qualifications

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Absa in September 2009.

i applied for the job through an agency. the agent set up the interview. i went to johannesburg for the interview and was there on time. it was a panel interview consisting of three panel members. the questions they asked me put me off completely. i thought that the culture of the company is not my style

Administration Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Absa in April 2009.

it was a very basic interview ...the skills test was a piece of cake..jst basic ms office activities. there were no difficult or behavioral questions asked..i

Interview Questions
    there was no need to negotoite since its an office work

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Absa in December 2008.

Initial communication was good. First round was part of online application forms. Tested your reasoning ability and numerical skills. Second round was a 2 hour psychometric testing also online. The psychometric tests were devided into 3 types.numerical, behavioural and personality type questions. third round was only done 2-3 weeks after round 2 which seemed a bit long. Was with a panel of 3 people. HR and 2 senior managers. The questions started off very relaxing - eg what interests you. and there after it becomes a bit more difficult.

The questions aked was very related to how you think. one or two about financial industry and what you know about Absa. No brain teasers. Also senior managers were very open.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate,salary was good.