Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Absolutdata
- Analyst (23)
- Programmer (5)
- Consultant (4)
- Analyst Trainee (2)
- Senior Consultant (2)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Senior Executive (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Marketing Management Trainee (1)
- Director, Client Development (Business Development) (1)
- Senior Manager/Manager (1)
- Manager (1)
- Client Service Manager (1)
Helpful (1)Declined OfferEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata.
Pretty un-organised. They were not sure for what profile they would like to interview me. They wont listen to your ambitions and self evaluation. At every call they offered me a different profile. Most funny part was HR round first and then followed by technical round. I declined their offer because they seem affected by pre-conceived notion which is surely a bottleneck in being creative and getting independence in work. The body language of the interviewer was someone who is not interested in talking to you.
- exactly nothing. Not profile related questions but general talk without any direction. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Idaho Falls, ID) in April 2014.
Hiring began with an email from a Human Resources Associate in India. The hours of contact were understandably VERY odd given the time difference. I was screened through 3 sepearate phone calls and then interviewed with an executive via Skype. The whole process beginning to end took approximately one week. The HR associate seemed to advocate for me, and the second interviewer asked puzzle questions, while the executive seemed to generally just scoffed and exuded a pompous undertone in his speech. At the end of the process I was told I would be contacted. No contact was made, I reached out to the HRA three separate times and was told the manager was "thinking about it". Never received a response. Unprofessional and disorganized.
- If there are three boxes, and they are all incorrectly labeled with one of three different fruits, how many boxes will you need to open to determine which fruit is in which specific box? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata.
I initially had a HR screening after which I had 3 interviews before I was verbally offered a position. The interview process included questions related to data management and questions based on the case studies.
- I basically had questions related to SQL and case based questions. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I was quite impressed about the company while I was interviewing with the associates in the senior management from AbsolutData. However when I was offered a position by the HR department, things weren't straight forward. First of all it was so difficult to communicate with them due to the time difference between India and the US. And also, down the line I felt the HR team was not professional enough to communicate well during the salary negotiation phase.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata in May 2013.
My interview process consisted of 4 phone interviews and one on site interview. The phone interviews were behavioral based with a recruiter, the Global HR manager, and the EVP. They were pretty straight forward. The on site interview was with their CEO which was a technical interview
- What was the most difficult thing you have learned? Can you teach me it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.
Exec recruiter contacted me and outlined the job and company's plan. Phone interview with India-based HR person, then Interviewed with founders and VP of Sales. Then interviewed with a new VP of Sales, who offered me the job after a brief negotiation.
- How would you sell a service that you cannot demo and that the client cannot experience until after they have bought it? Answer Question
Simple - Sales role, so Base + Commissions. Limited negotiation period, we met in the middle on base.
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
Had a Skype technical interview interview, followed by HR interview. General logical questions were asked, puzzles were given to be solved. For freshers, MDA related questions were asked. Along with that be through with basics of Statistics
- I was asked to solve a puzzle which was asked to other candidates also Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolutdata.
I applied through the on campus placement and senior Absolutdata employees came down to recruit us. They had one written test for all the applicants and it was followed by a face to face interview Though the interview process was structured, I feel they could have focused more on shortlisting and then having a second round of interviews.
- The questions asked were majorly CV based as I was a fresher and didnot have a prior knowledge of analytics. They focused on the 'why' of everything and tried to grill me on certain things. But preparation and some spontaneous answers helped me a lot. 1 Answer
NO negotiation about the salary happened.
- Declined OfferEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolutdata.
It was a combined interview i.e. Technical and HR together. First I was asked to introduce myself. Questions on DBMS, HTML, CSS were asked and then i was asked about my summer internship. Some puzzles were also asked and finally some common HR questions (Long term plans and why this company).
- I did not find anything unexpected. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Absolutdata (New Delhi (India)) in January 2015.
I sent my CV to the HR and she got in touch with me for scheduling a telephonic interview. She postponed it by a day, but it eventually took place.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.
Applied online and get phone interview from America, it is so funny I have to call her because this can save their long-distance charge? very basic questions like the work experience. Then I have another phone interview in the evening which is a little bit weird.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review