Absolutdata

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.7

Senior Manager/Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Absolutdata.

Pretty un-organised. They were not sure for what profile they would like to interview me. They wont listen to your ambitions and self evaluation. At every call they offered me a different profile. Most funny part was HR round first and then followed by technical round. I declined their offer because they seem affected by pre-conceived notion which is surely a bottleneck in being creative and getting independence in work. The body language of the interviewer was someone who is not interested in talking to you.

Interview Questions
    • exactly nothing. Not profile related questions but general talk without any direction.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Absolutdata.

I initially had a HR screening after which I had 3 interviews before I was verbally offered a position. The interview process included questions related to data management and questions based on the case studies.

Interview Questions
    • I basically had questions related to SQL and case based questions.   Answer Question

I was quite impressed about the company while I was interviewing with the associates in the senior management from AbsolutData. However when I was offered a position by the HR department, things weren't straight forward. First of all it was so difficult to communicate with them due to the time difference between India and the US. And also, down the line I felt the HR team was not professional enough to communicate well during the salary negotiation phase.

Client Service Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Absolutdata in May 2013.

My interview process consisted of 4 phone interviews and one on site interview. The phone interviews were behavioral based with a recruiter, the Global HR manager, and the EVP. They were pretty straight forward. The on site interview was with their CEO which was a technical interview

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you have learned? Can you teach me it?   Answer Question

Director, Client Development (Business Development) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Absolutdata in March 2013.

Exec recruiter contacted me and outlined the job and company's plan. Phone interview with India-based HR person, then Interviewed with founders and VP of Sales. Then interviewed with a new VP of Sales, who offered me the job after a brief negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a service that you cannot demo and that the client cannot experience until after they have bought it?   Answer Question
    Simple - Sales role, so Base + Commissions. Limited negotiation period, we met in the middle on base.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Absolutdata.

There was a written assessment in the first round where general aptitude that tested logic and math skills.
    Selected students were called for the Group discussion round (GD) where the topics for different groups varied drastically from current affairs to general opinion based topics.
    After that was the interview round, which generally lasted about 15 minutes. General thought structure, alertness and logical creativity was tested along with a few questions on statistics.

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

It was a short video interview. Most of the questions were on fit with the company and what I knew about the company.
    The interviewer wanted to know more about why with my background I would want to work with their company. I had three years experience in an unrelated field and I guess he wanted someone who had background in data analytics which I unfortunately didn't have.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work with us? Even though I had given reasons for this before this question was asked.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Absolutdata in November 2014.

telephone interview, The interviewer is very nice and friendly. I introduced my work experience for about 8 minutes, and they introduced the position to me. Then they offered a face-to-face interview opportunity.

Consultant Interview

The interview was conducted in a very structured manner . Had Operations and HR discussion followed by that

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Absolutdata.

1. Technical round - depending on the role and experience;
    2. Business and consulting experience - try understand the space in which the company is operating before going for this round.;
    3. HR round - which can also help you cover questions pertaining to the organization;
    4. Final discussion with respect to job offer and negotiation (if any)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific - you need to know your technical stuff and understand the space the company is operating.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Absolutdata in April 2014.

There were two technical rounds which were very detailed in terms of regression, significance testing and involved case studies.The HR was very unprofessional though since she used to speak and send mails before for the rounds but post the second technical round she didn't even reply even on sending mail to her

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, difficult was solving case study on phone e.g how to predict the inventory for a DVD provider   Answer Question