Absolute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter. Initially screening went well. Over two weeks went by and I received a call from the recruiter again. She informed me that I qualified to come in and take an on-site skill set assessment. We scheduled for the next available time slot (a week out). I arrived at their location, but no one was around and the office was dark. I walked in and stood there for 5 minutes. No receptionist and the lights were off. Called the recruiter, but went to voice mail (recurring theme with recruiter). After 5 minutes, a woman approached me and was surprised I was able to walk in the office without their card reader preventing me from accessing their main lobby (apparently I was supposed to ring a doorbell/no one informed me of this. I took the test and left. Gentleman who gave the assessment was very polite. Another week passed with no word. Then, at the 11th hour on a Friday (again), after assuming the worst, I received word that the assessment went well. She then requested a follow-up interview with an IT admin from Vancouver. Scheduled the call and five days later I spoke with the interviewer. Basic administration/network questions. I enjoyed speaking with this individual the most as he was the most personable. A week passed and then received a call at the 11th hour on a Friday that I was chosen for a third interview with a senior level IT individual located in Europe. A few days later I spoke with him over the phone and the interview, as previously performed, went very well. He thanked me for my time and stated he looked forward to speaking with me further. I never heard anything from anyone ever again at this organization. The recruiter never returned my calls (2 VM left) or my email left over the course of two weeks. I originally anticipated a return call within a 2 week span due to the sporadic intervals of communication and lack of consistency. She never picked up when I called and would only call back the next day or even days later. The recruiter gave me great feedback, providing flattery and confidence-inspiring reassurance over the lifespan of the interview process when we did speak. She would make a great sales person, not a recruiter.

Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolute (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Initial contact was through a friend who knew one of the hiring managers who ten contacted me. Hiring process seemed to be based upon recommendation from a trusted source. I believe that the process may have to change as the company becomes larger as there will be a point when recommendations do not work.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was introduced by a recruiting agency. The process took couple of weeks (including one technical test in-house, one face to face meeting). After all these they came back and said we put a hold on hiring for now and maybe later we will start to hire again -o)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online via one of the major BC (IT) technology website and got contacted directly by HR. Had a very brief phone screening (general hr questions, very, very polite and professional conversation). After about 2 days I was invited for a technical interview. Interview was conducted by the whole division director (yet a very technical person) and Development Manager. The whole interview was very professional. It lasted slightly over an hour (aprox. 1.5h). It was 2 part interview. 1st part was just general resume questions mostly guided by Division Manager, technical interview was conduced by Development Manager. I really enjoyed that part. It was more like a conversation rather than interrogation. I was felt like they tried to find out where my boundaries are but again it was in a very, very nice and professional manner. There was no intimidation or unpleasant feeling when I was not fully answer the question. All in all it was one of the interviews I will remember for quite some time. It was very positive and enjoyable interviews. I really like technical part and general part as well. HR department kept me informed throughout the whole process. I found it very helpful.

Interview Questions

• One of the Design pattern implementation. Had a sql table schema given and request to extract certain info from that table C# questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a bit and the whole process was very quick and conducted in a very professional manner.

Sales Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Through an employee referral, I had my resume directly delivered to Absolute Software and was contacted by a very approachable employee in less than an 24 hour time span. Once contacted, we discussed a brief history of my educational background and what I would want to pursue in the company. After this conversation, I was told that I would be contacted in the coming week about the original marketing position I was interested in. In a weeks time, I was told no positions were available in marketing. However the employee proposed a similar secondary position in the sales department. Gratefully I accepted to pursue this secondary option, but to ensure there was a position available, I would be contacted again in a weeks time. As a position was available, through email and mobile contact, an online Skype interview was set up due to my distant university location. The actual interview had an encouraging and professional atmosphere where we discussed a more in depth overview of my responsibilities and tasks I would (potentially) be performing in the sales department. Overall very fluid and easy process with very approachable and knowledgeable employees.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an assessment test followed by two more interviews. The test was on some basic IT related issues, and some networking questions that were a little more advanced for someone with some basic knowledge of computers. First interview was from the Manager and reviewed what was on the test Second interview was from potential co-workers to see if they were a right fit in the environment

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset or unhappy people   1 Answer

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

general background question on what have you done and what are you plans and you see your self in our enviroment.

Negotiation

negotiation was not difficult since the offer after and before negotiation was less than acceptable but I had to take the job.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute in January 2008.

Interview

Upon initial interview, it was conducted by 2 members of the relevant department who helped to explain the department and what are the generic responsibilities that is required if hired. It then broke down to how you would handle certain situations if presented and what your goals are. The perception of the people are friendly and helpful in guiding you to the level of self competency for the position you have been hired for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irrate customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot of defect that is cripping the customer's environment and productivity?   Answer Question