Absolute Software Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.8

Investigative Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Absolute Software (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Initial contact was through a friend who knew one of the hiring managers who ten contacted me. Hiring process seemed to be based upon recommendation from a trusted source. I believe that the process may have to change as the company becomes larger as there will be a point when recommendations do not work.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Absolute Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online via one of the major BC (IT) technology website and got contacted directly by HR. Had a very brief phone screening (general hr questions, very, very polite and professional conversation). After about 2 days I was invited for a technical interview. Interview was conducted by the whole division director (yet a very technical person) and Development Manager.
    The whole interview was very professional. It lasted slightly over an hour (aprox. 1.5h). It was 2 part interview. 1st part was just general resume questions mostly guided by Division Manager, technical interview was conduced by Development Manager. I really enjoyed that part. It was more like a conversation rather than interrogation. I was felt like they tried to find out where my boundaries are but again it was in a very, very nice and professional manner. There was no intimidation or unpleasant feeling when I was not fully answer the question.
    All in all it was one of the interviews I will remember for quite some time. It was very positive and enjoyable interviews. I really like technical part and general part as well.
    HR department kept me informed throughout the whole process. I found it very helpful.

Interview Questions

• One of the Design pattern implementation.
      Had a sql table schema given and request to extract certain info from that table
      C# questions

1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a bit and the whole process was very quick and conducted in a very professional manner.

Sales Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Absolute Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Through an employee referral, I had my resume directly delivered to Absolute Software and was contacted by a very approachable employee in less than an 24 hour time span. Once contacted, we discussed a brief history of my educational background and what I would want to pursue in the company. After this conversation, I was told that I would be contacted in the coming week about the original marketing position I was interested in. In a weeks time, I was told no positions were available in marketing. However the employee proposed a similar secondary position in the sales department. Gratefully I accepted to pursue this secondary option, but to ensure there was a position available, I would be contacted again in a weeks time. As a position was available, through email and mobile contact, an online Skype interview was set up due to my distant university location. The actual interview had an encouraging and professional atmosphere where we discussed a more in depth overview of my responsibilities and tasks I would (potentially) be performing in the sales department. Overall very fluid and easy process with very approachable and knowledgeable employees.

Software Developer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Absolute Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

general background question on what have you done and what are you plans and you see your self in our enviroment.

Negotiation

negotiation was not difficult since the offer after and before negotiation was less than acceptable but I had to take the job.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Absolute Software in January 2008.

Interview

Upon initial interview, it was conducted by 2 members of the relevant department who helped to explain the department and what are the generic responsibilities that is required if hired. It then broke down to how you would handle certain situations if presented and what your goals are. The perception of the people are friendly and helpful in guiding you to the level of self competency for the position you have been hired for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irrate customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot of defect that is cripping the customer's environment and productivity?   Answer Question