Abt Associates

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Abt Associates

Interview Details – Must pass the online resume screening before being called in for an interview. 2 hour in-person interview in Cambridge office. Interviewed by 4 separate employees all from different levels. Interview was very informative about the organization and the job position. Asked several questions, ranging from why you chose a particular major in college to what your extracurricular activities were to why you feel as though you would be the best fit for the job.

Interview Question – What about this job is most appealing and why?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abt Associates in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a researcher to schedule a brief phone interview. The questions were mostly about my experience with statistical analysis and statistical software. They asked me questions about whether I had experience using a particular statistical program which was not described in the job listing. I could not answer some of the questions because they expected me to have experience but I did not. I knew that I was not going to be a good fit for the position because it appeared they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I was told a few days later that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Question – What do you not like doing?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abt Associates in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had an interview a year and a half ago. Pretty much talking to folks from various parts of the division.

Interview Question – Explain the economics behind a case study.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was

Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by a Senior Associate, who immediately began asking me questions over my cell phone. Not having recognized the caller number, I was obviously a little surprised, but able to answer properly, which resulted in a Skype interview a week later with the same associate. About a week and a half later I traveled to Boston to meet with the same associate and 4 other staff (from a research assistant all the way to the VP). Everyone was very friendly and I was impressed with the company; I would have liked to work there. I was emailed about a week and a half later stating that I was not selected.

Abt did not cover any travel costs, which for me were unfortunately high-- making the experience somewhat more negative.

Interview Question – What exactly does your concentration mean?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abt Associates

Worked for Abt Associates? Contribute to the Community!