Abt Associates

Updated Nov 14, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abt Associates in September 2014.

Seems to be a very professional company. The branch in Atlanta is somewhat small but they are expanding. My interviewer was very pleasant and kept a light-hearted tone. A successful candidate will interview about 2-3 times before an offer is made. They were looking for someone who had a slightly different skill set than what I could offer.

Interview Questions
  • How familiar are you with maintaining data dictionaries?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abt Associates

Research Assistant Interview

Must pass the online resume screening before being called in for an interview. 2 hour in-person interview in Cambridge office. Interviewed by 4 separate employees all from different levels. Interview was very informative about the organization and the job position. Asked several questions, ranging from why you chose a particular major in college to what your extracurricular activities were to why you feel as though you would be the best fit for the job.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abt Associates in March 2014.

I was contacted by a researcher to schedule a brief phone interview. The questions were mostly about my experience with statistical analysis and statistical software. They asked me questions about whether I had experience using a particular statistical program which was not described in the job listing. I could not answer some of the questions because they expected me to have experience but I did not. I knew that I was not going to be a good fit for the position because it appeared they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I was told a few days later that I was not selected for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abt Associates in June 2011.

I was originally contacted by a Senior Associate, who immediately began asking me questions over my cell phone. Not having recognized the caller number, I was obviously a little surprised, but able to answer properly, which resulted in a Skype interview a week later with the same associate. About a week and a half later I traveled to Boston to meet with the same associate and 4 other staff (from a research assistant all the way to the VP). Everyone was very friendly and I was impressed with the company; I would have liked to work there. I was emailed about a week and a half later stating that I was not selected.

Abt did not cover any travel costs, which for me were unfortunately high-- making the experience somewhat more negative.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly does your concentration mean?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abt Associates in January 2011.

I had an interview a year and a half ago. Pretty much talking to folks from various parts of the division.

Was