Abt Associates Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had four short interviews with four separate employees who work in different capacities in my division. They mostly asked detailed questions about the experiences listed on my resume with a few behavioral questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abt Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with 4 to 5 different interviews. I met them one at a time. Each interviewer has 30 minutes with me. They came in with my resume in hand. They questioned a few of my experiences. They definitely look for relevant skills necessary for the job. I was able to go in detail about each of my experiences. I was able to show that I know the skills listed on my resume. I also discussed how I have applied my skills in different projects. They seem to be impressed with the fact that I take initiative, learn independently, and know my material. Organization is important. The interview was overall fun.

Interview Questions

• How do you take notes?
      How is your field related to this specific experience?
      Describe this specific skill listed on your resume.
      What are your strengths?
      How are you a good team member?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abt Associates (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Seems to be a very professional company. The branch in Atlanta is somewhat small but they are expanding. My interviewer was very pleasant and kept a light-hearted tone. A successful candidate will interview about 2-3 times before an offer is made. They were looking for someone who had a slightly different skill set than what I could offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with maintaining data dictionaries?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Must pass the online resume screening before being called in for an interview. 2 hour in-person interview in Cambridge office. Interviewed by 4 separate employees all from different levels. Interview was very informative about the organization and the job position. Asked several questions, ranging from why you chose a particular major in college to what your extracurricular activities were to why you feel as though you would be the best fit for the job.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abt Associates in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a researcher to schedule a brief phone interview. The questions were mostly about my experience with statistical analysis and statistical software. They asked me questions about whether I had experience using a particular statistical program which was not described in the job listing. I could not answer some of the questions because they expected me to have experience but I did not. I knew that I was not going to be a good fit for the position because it appeared they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I was told a few days later that I was not selected for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abt Associates (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a Senior Associate, who immediately began asking me questions over my cell phone. Not having recognized the caller number, I was obviously a little surprised, but able to answer properly, which resulted in a Skype interview a week later with the same associate. About a week and a half later I traveled to Boston to meet with the same associate and 4 other staff (from a research assistant all the way to the VP). Everyone was very friendly and I was impressed with the company; I would have liked to work there. I was emailed about a week and a half later stating that I was not selected.

Abt did not cover any travel costs, which for me were unfortunately high-- making the experience somewhat more negative.

Interview Questions

• What exactly does your concentration mean?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abt Associates in January 2011.

Interview

I had an interview a year and a half ago. Pretty much talking to folks from various parts of the division.

Was