Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Abt Associates
- Analyst (8)
- Research Assistant (7)
- Senior Analyst (4)
- Associate Analyst (3)
- Associate (2)
- Research Associate (2)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Finance and Contract Analyst (1)
- Technical Field Coordinator (1)
- Finance and Contracts Manager (1)
- Senior FCA (1)
- Senior Analyst/Technical Coordinator (1)
- Research Assistant/Environmental Policy (1)
- IT (1)
- Senior Technical Writer/Editor (1)
- Market Analyst (1)
- Associate Programmer Analyst (1)
- Technical Specialist (1)
- Senior Associate (1)
- Finance Management (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Programmer Analyst (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Portfolio Manager (1)
Senior Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Abt Associates.
Preliminary contact by HR began one month after application was submitted. Teleconference interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview lasted about an hour. Panel consisted of 4 members of technical team. It was pretty straightforward. My HR contact was very responsive, prompt, readily available. They chose another candidate, and I was informed in one week. It was a pretty straightforward process. No problems.
- Questions were nontechnical. Hardest questions were the "list 3" types. Eg. list the 3 most important skills for this position. With a panel of 4, obviously, the answer will not please everyone. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Abt Associates
Senior Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abt Associates.
Initial communication was straight forward. I received an email from HR informing me that they would like to schedule an interview. My first interview was immediately with the team I would be working for. The interviewers asked the usual questions about experience and skill set. I felt at ease taking to the team and answering their questions. Their demeanor was professional but there were a few candid moments, which helped break the ice and allowed for a good interview experience.
- I did not expect them to say that I was over qualify for the job. They asked me to build an argument on why they would accept me and what I would to enhance the position if offered to me. Answer Question
Senior Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in March 2011.
The best way to get your resume looked at is an employee referral. Employees get a bonus if they successfully help recruit someone (which is great in terms of your contact actually helping you through the hiring process). I found a job I wanted, did the online application, then my friend shared my application materials with her project director. Within about two weeks I had an interview. It was with the project director, and two other senior staff. It only lasted about 40 minutes, and the questions were pretty standard (skill specific questions related to the job, and questions meant to gauge your ability to be a team player and multitask. They were upfront with me about the fact that after about three months at Abt, you are responsible for finding your own coverage. I got an offer within a few days. The whole process took about a month, and was very straightforward. Abt does have a tendency to hire people at a level beneath they should, but you can get promoted very quickly here.
- Why do you want to leave your current job 1 Answer
I didn't get negotiate - it was a 10,000 dollar raise from my previous position, and I was fine with that.
Senior Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in June 2009.
Bethesda office is nice, the interviewer was nice, very courteous, professional.
- There was no such, the interviewing pass as i expected Answer Question