Abt Associates

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior FCA Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in February 2010.

Interview Details – Average.

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abt Associates in December 2010.

Interview Details – Met with three people - the hiring manager and then two peers. Typical project manager interview - what have you done what are you like to work with etc.No case studies or anything like that - it was more will you fit in here interview. They described the work being done and where they needed help.

Interview Question – None really. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Beware of IT job offers - the HR person assigned to IT likes to lowball EVERYONE and then will eventually come around to a decent offer. Do not take the first offer from her.

Finance and Contracts Manager Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview/hiring experience was positive overall. Three people interviewed me and it was rather enjoyable. The office environment seemed positive. The response after the interview was very quick.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the salary as I was offered 8% over my most recent salary.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and interviewed at Abt Associates.

Interview Details – Poor communication from the recruitment director, little follow-up or personalization of process. Poor follow-up to interview process and feedback.

This is a good place for people who want to get hands on experience in the international public health field.

Interview Questions

• What does your husband do!?   View Answer
  • Questions regarding whether the Nigeria team should be beginning their meeting with a morning prayer or not!   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was not inspired by the recruitment management and concerned by the lack of structure to the hiring process.

I felt there was little handling of senior candidates and difficulty in obtaining guidance. I was surprised by the lack of leadership within the recruitment department, competing organization were head and shoulders above I am afraid to say. If you can make it past the shambles of recruitment, the rest of the organization is amazing and very respected.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Bethesda, MD

I interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2009.

Interview Details – Bethesda office is nice, the interviewer was nice, very courteous, professional.

Interview Question – There was no such, the interviewing pass as i expected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and set up to meet with five employees. The HR rep was first and she had pretty standard interview questions, beginning with, "why do you want to work at Abt?" Then I met with the SEP Division Director and she asked me about my background and interest in specific practice areas. I then met with other members of the SEP team who wanted more detailed as to my professional experience and skills (including quant analysis).

Everyone was very warm and devoted to their work.

Interview Question – What did you do to sell your approach to the rest of the team? Tell me about your biggest regret in a professional setting.   Answer Question

Finance Management Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to a requisition on line. I was contacted by an Abt Associates recruiter within a few days of the application. She inquired about my availability for interviews which I provided. After several scheduling rounds the interview was schedule about one month after the application was submitted. A panel interview was schedule for four Abt management staff, two made the interview, schedule conflicts. The interview was relaxed and there were no unexpected questions. It was scheduled for an hour and we ran over.

Interview Question – Explain why you are a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in March 2011.

Interview Details – The best way to get your resume looked at is an employee referral. Employees get a bonus if they successfully help recruit someone (which is great in terms of your contact actually helping you through the hiring process). I found a job I wanted, did the online application, then my friend shared my application materials with her project director. Within about two weeks I had an interview. It was with the project director, and two other senior staff. It only lasted about 40 minutes, and the questions were pretty standard (skill specific questions related to the job, and questions meant to gauge your ability to be a team player and multitask.

They were upfront with me about the fact that after about three months at Abt, you are responsible for finding your own coverage. I got an offer within a few days. The whole process took about a month, and was very straightforward. Abt does have a tendency to hire people at a level beneath they should, but you can get promoted very quickly here.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't get negotiate - it was a 10,000 dollar raise from my previous position, and I was fine with that.

IT Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen, followed by a phone interview with Abt employee, followed by a lengthy in person interview with several members of the IT department.

Interview Question – Demonstrate and detail Excel Pivot tables   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abt Associates in September 2010.

Interview Details – I received an initial e-mail to setup a panel interview and it ended up being my only interview. I interviewed with 3 directors of a team. Directors were extremely personable and genuinely want to get to know you. They were very open to answering all my questions regarding their work.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Abt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abt Associates interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abt Associates employees and interview candidates.