Abt Associates Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abt Associates in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and we set up an interview 3 weeks into the future at their office. I videoconferenced with 4 employees and had 1 in-person interview over a span of 3 hours. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and laid back, which comforted me (probably a bit too much now that I think of it). A majority of the time the employees described the culture of the organization and their day to day processes. When they did ask questions, it was simple behavioral questions and experience straight from my resume. Every employee mentioned at least one time that they were impressed with the experiences I had described and thought it was admirable I had worked multiple internships while in graduate school. I got a semi-verbal offer before I left my final interview, but when I followed up a week later, I was told that the hiring team felt as if my skills did not match this position. I was really upset that I did not get this position, it seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to get a Ph.D? Why did you choose the writing sample you did?   Answer Question

Senior FCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in February 2010.

Average.

Easy.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abt Associates in December 2010.

Met with three people - the hiring manager and then two peers. Typical project manager interview - what have you done what are you like to work with etc.No case studies or anything like that - it was more will you fit in here interview. They described the work being done and where they needed help.

Interview Questions
    Beware of IT job offers - the HR person assigned to IT likes to lowball EVERYONE and then will eventually come around to a decent offer. Do not take the first offer from her.

Finance and Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in January 2012.

The interview/hiring experience was positive overall. Three people interviewed me and it was rather enjoyable. The office environment seemed positive. The response after the interview was very quick.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the salary as I was offered 8% over my most recent salary.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at Abt Associates.

Poor communication from the recruitment director, little follow-up or personalization of process. Poor follow-up to interview process and feedback.

This is a good place for people who want to get hands on experience in the international public health field.

Interview Questions
    • What does your husband do!?   View Answer
    • Questions regarding whether the Nigeria team should be beginning their meeting with a morning prayer or not!   View Answer

I was not inspired by the recruitment management and concerned by the lack of structure to the hiring process.

I felt there was little handling of senior candidates and difficulty in obtaining guidance. I was surprised by the lack of leadership within the recruitment department, competing organization were head and shoulders above I am afraid to say. If you can make it past the shambles of recruitment, the rest of the organization is amazing and very respected.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2009.

Bethesda office is nice, the interviewer was nice, very courteous, professional.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such, the interviewing pass as i expected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2013.

I was referred by an employee and set up to meet with five employees. The HR rep was first and she had pretty standard interview questions, beginning with, "why do you want to work at Abt?" Then I met with the SEP Division Director and she asked me about my background and interest in specific practice areas. I then met with other members of the SEP team who wanted more detailed as to my professional experience and skills (including quant analysis).

Everyone was very warm and devoted to their work.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to sell your approach to the rest of the team? Tell me about your biggest regret in a professional setting.   Answer Question

Finance Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in May 2013.

I applied to a requisition on line. I was contacted by an Abt Associates recruiter within a few days of the application. She inquired about my availability for interviews which I provided. After several scheduling rounds the interview was schedule about one month after the application was submitted. A panel interview was schedule for four Abt management staff, two made the interview, schedule conflicts. The interview was relaxed and there were no unexpected questions. It was scheduled for an hour and we ran over.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in March 2011.

The best way to get your resume looked at is an employee referral. Employees get a bonus if they successfully help recruit someone (which is great in terms of your contact actually helping you through the hiring process). I found a job I wanted, did the online application, then my friend shared my application materials with her project director. Within about two weeks I had an interview. It was with the project director, and two other senior staff. It only lasted about 40 minutes, and the questions were pretty standard (skill specific questions related to the job, and questions meant to gauge your ability to be a team player and multitask.

They were upfront with me about the fact that after about three months at Abt, you are responsible for finding your own coverage. I got an offer within a few days. The whole process took about a month, and was very straightforward. Abt does have a tendency to hire people at a level beneath they should, but you can get promoted very quickly here.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job   View Answer
    I didn't get negotiate - it was a 10,000 dollar raise from my previous position, and I was fine with that.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abt Associates in November 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen, followed by a phone interview with Abt employee, followed by a lengthy in person interview with several members of the IT department.

Interview Questions

Worked for Abt Associates? Contribute to the Community!