Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

Very Easy Interview

Catering Coordinator Interview

Catering Coordinator
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in February 2010.

Interview Details – Found job online and was impressed by the hiring process. They were thorough in introducing the company to me and very nice. It was like a family environment but still professional. The environment of the restaurant is very elegant but not stuffy. Interviewer was on time and they were ready for me. Not all restaurants do this. In fact, most don't.

Interview Question – Just about customer service. If you are in this field, you better be ready and willing to deal with silliness from the customers and employee. The most unexpected questions were about employee relations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Merrillville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in September 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions. Why do you like serving? How do you work with a team?

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called the next day to interview. Went to interview with assistant GM. Filled out written application and took personality test. Test a little lengthy but easy. AGM was friendly with just a few basic questions about my background, what hours/days I was available, ect. There was only the one interview and was offered the position on the spot. Training started that Saturday. Easy process and a pretty fun place to work too.

Interview Questions

• What hours and days are you available?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a little about your previous restaurant experience?   Answer Question
  • There were a couple of "What if?" scenario questions but they were easy and weren't trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Industry standard for server position.

Midland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in April 2010.

Interview Details – The staff seemed very friendly. They set up the interview right away. When I came in for the interview they asked a little about my work history. They then set up a test for you to take testing your iq and your personality. The test was easy enough but it takes a really long time. If you can pass the test then you will probably get hired.

Interview Question – Can you handle time management and stress?   Answer Question

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was really awkward. We sat in a booth face to face and he asked my questions from the test I had to take to even be considered. I had to pass the test of course to even be interviewed. The test took about 30 minutes, it was pretty pointless. You could pretty much tell which answer to choose to make yourself look good. He seemed like he was pretty desperate for servers.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are good for this job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Creepy dude, and I had to have over 2 weeks of training. I also had to serve the manager before I was even considered to go on my own...

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant employees and interview candidates.