Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant.

They placed an advertisement on Craigslist for a job working at Abuelo's. A manager asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be a server. Then I took an exam that lasted about two hours, and the manager told me to wait a while before they got back to me. They called me like a week later, and I got the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in September 2011.

Typical interview questions. Why do you like serving? How do you work with a team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in April 2010.

The staff seemed very friendly. They set up the interview right away. When I came in for the interview they asked a little about my work history. They then set up a test for you to take testing your iq and your personality. The test was easy enough but it takes a really long time. If you can pass the test then you will probably get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in January 2009.

Applied online and was called the next day to interview. Went to interview with assistant GM. Filled out written application and took personality test. Test a little lengthy but easy. AGM was friendly with just a few basic questions about my background, what hours/days I was available, ect. There was only the one interview and was offered the position on the spot. Training started that Saturday. Easy process and a pretty fun place to work too.

Interview Questions
    • What hours and days are you available?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about your previous restaurant experience?   Answer Question
    • There were a couple of "What if?" scenario questions but they were easy and weren't trick questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Industry standard for server position.

Server Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in October 2011.

The interview was really awkward. We sat in a booth face to face and he asked my questions from the test I had to take to even be considered. I had to pass the test of course to even be interviewed. The test took about 30 minutes, it was pretty pointless. You could pretty much tell which answer to choose to make yourself look good. He seemed like he was pretty desperate for servers.

Interview Questions

Creepy dude, and I had to have over 2 weeks of training. I also had to serve the manager before I was even considered to go on my own...