Academia Sinica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Interviewed at Academia Sinica

Interview Details – Direct communication with the Professor.
Check the website of concerned institute, find the professor you wish to work with and send an application attached with your CV. If Professor likes your CV he will communicate with you.

Interview Question – How long you can stay in this job?   View Answer

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Academia Sinica.

Interview Details – E-Mail the Research-Fellow, Schedule a meeting time with the research-assistant.

Interview Question – Why do you choose here?   Answer Question

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Academia Sinica in February 2012.

Interview Details – The manager and senior software engineer ask me working experiences, educational background, IoC concepts, etc. and exam a programming test writing a program about adding the numbers 1 to 100 by iterative, recursive

Interview Question – No, it's a easy interview.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Academia Sinica.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process are carried out and decided upon by individual project leaders.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Academia Sinica in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1.have a test
2.interviewer ask about some specific or professional questions which are related with speciality
3. my interest and activities which I participating in

Interview Question – some detail knowledge about the project the employer expect I participate in   View Answer

Interviewed at Academia Sinica

Interview Details – Nothing special

Interview Question – Nothing special   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Academia Sinica in March 2013.

Interview Details – Answer online applications - site interview

Interview Question – Long term career goal (hint at how long you would like to stay on the job ?)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other offer

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Academia Sinica in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring person took time to introduce work environment, research facilities, life style and job scope

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Academia Sinica in January 2009.

Interview Details – My former adviser called and asked if I'm interested in working with his friends. Since I was planing to pursue my PhD in the coming years, so I took the chance immediately. The place is the one of the top research institute in Taiwan therefore it was a good opportunity. Basically it's not even a formal interview, just chatted with the PI and discussed what we wanted to do in the future.

Interview Question – What's your research interests?   Answer Question

Worked for Academia Sinica? Contribute to the Community!