Academic Advantage

Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Academic Advantage in February 2014.

A company representative called me and said that they had seen my resume online: Would I like to work for them? I was excited after being unemployed for over a year. The wait for orientation was a long one, and orientation was located in Los Angeles. There were no interviews.

Interview Questions
They offered $16 per hour to be paid as an independent contractor with no compensation for fuel, prep time, or supplies needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Academic Advantage

NCLB Tutor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Academic Advantage in October 2013.

Was called by a person from NCLB. Told to log on to there WEB site for a 2 hour webinar. After that a 4 hour orientation. Fingerprint clearance and TB shot. Three weeks later I started.

Ask for $20.00 per hour.

NCLB Tutor Interview

I came back to work with the company. I had a phone interview. My fingerprints were valid and I submitted a new TB test. I came into the office for an orientation and re-learned the paperwork and tutoring guidelines. I was assigned students after the orientation and began tutoring the following day.

NCLB Tutor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Academic Advantage.

I was called and given a phone interview about two months after I actually applied for the job. My interviewer was a very nice guy who really liked how enthusiastic I was about tutoring kids. I was asked questions about my experience, my schedule, if I could allot a certain number of hours a week to tutoring, wether or not I had reliable transportation, etc. He asked some questions about how I would work with an unmotivated student, how to motivate them, what my idea of a positive role model is and so on. I also had to complete a simple English test.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Academic Advantage in February 2013.

One of the recruiters give you a call, if you qualify, they will tell you to attend a 2 day orientation, then they will assign you a student list.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing about the job is making sure you are highly organized.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation phase, they just said 17.00 an hour is standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Academic Advantage in December 2011.

There was no real interview process. I found the job on Craigslist Los Angeles, submitted an online application, received a call a few days later during which I was asked a couple questions regarding my knowledge of English and Math as well as my availability, location, and transportation means to determine which students I'd be working with, and other basic questions. There were no questions to assess my knowledge of English or Math, nor any real verification of my experience. When you go in for the orientation, you simply go over the tutoring procedure and fill out their forms.

There is no drug testing, but there is a background check. Your picture is taken at the conclusion of the orientation and you are given a name tag with the picture on it.

There was no negotiation. They specified a nonnegotiable base rate which was adequate for the work involved, and I did not ask them about their refusal to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Academic Advantage in October 2009.

Called to come in for a presentation about the position and got the job.

N.A

NCLB Tutor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Academic Advantage.

Phone Interview by a recruiter. I had my resume online. I received a call, and set a date to go in for orientation. Also took a math and Reading exam online, it is at about an 8th grade level.You get your finger prints done, if you pass the background check, you can start working.

NCLB Tutor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Academic Advantage in October 2011.

Easy craigslist application

There was no negotiating

NCLB Tutor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Academic Advantage in November 2010.

I heard about this tutoring company, and applied online. They called me about a week later, and conducted a phone interview, three days after that I was scheduled to go into the office to do another interview and training. The training was long but very informative, they gave me several packets that were reviewed and instructions on how to do the job. The job consisted of tutoring and turning in forms proving the tutoring that was done. Since I was going to be working with children, they asked for fingerprints and did a background check. The pay is about $17 to 20; worth it, and a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • what is your educational background, and do you have any experience of certification with working with special education children?   View Answer
    If you want a part time job that pays well, apply to this tutoring job.