Academic Partnerships Educational Director Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Educational Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships in February 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the VP of Sales via phone and we had a nice phone interview. I was then referred to another Educational Director from out of state for a secondary phone interview. I felt both interviews went extremaly well and I became very excited about the position. A few days later I was flown to Dallas and interviewed with Senior Management. The interview turned into a totally different conversation about my a position I had recently held and had no desire to continue in my career. During this process, nothing was discussed about my ability to perform the duties of the sales position I applied for. I felt i was being interviewed for a totally different job! When the Hiring Manager drove me back to the airport, we discussed salary ranges, the company and the opportunity for growth and what the next steps would be in the hiring process. I left feeling very optomistic about getting a offer. The next week I heard nothing until mid-week and was sent a cold email, thanking me for applying and with no reason behnd their decision not to hire me. When I called the Hiring Manager I was told they felt I "Wasnt a good listener"... I was speechless. I have never interviewed for a company that has interviewed me in the half-baked manner this company did and then NOT even bother to discuss this lame reason with me before making a final decision. All I can say is there loss. I would have been a superstar performer for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you would change our marketing materials?   1 Answer