Academic Works
www.academicworks.com Austin, TX 6 to 15 Employees

Academic Works Senior Ruby On Rails Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Ruby On Rails Software Developer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Academic Works in January 2012.

Interview Details – When the recruiter submitted my resume for this position, the company immediately scheduled an on-site interview with me for the next day. The recruiter was very nice to me and explained what they were looking for, what technologies they used and recommended how to prepare, what questions might be etc. I expected a normal technical interview and stayed up until 2am, reading about their technologies. The interview was with the Director of Engineering, for over an hour, 95% of the time him talking about the company with a fake smile on his face, very little questions about my resume. I asked questions, and from the answers their management style sounded disorganized, impatient, micromanaging, not listening to people's opinions. There was supposed to be a second interviewer, one of the founders, but he wasn't available, even though the interview was scheduled with those 2 people a day before. After that the recruiter told me that it was just the first step and I didn't pass it. They have a multistep process, the first one is "meet and greet", the next one is a technical interview for 4 hours (the team is 3 people - Director of Engineering and 2 Juniors), and I don't know what after. I apparently didn't "pass" the "meet and greet" talking. I was told they had 3 more candidates but I saw the ad reposted by the recruiting agency a few days later, and an earlier ad by another agency. Just wasted my time.

Interview Question – What architecture did you build into the application?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Academic Works? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Academic Works Senior Ruby On Rails Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Academic Works employees and interview candidates.