Academy Sports & Outdoors Cashier Team Lead Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I worked as a cashier part-time and was started at minimum wage. I felt it was difficult to move up in the company if you didn't make the right connections with coworkers and supervisors on a friendly basis. However, my supervisor was fair and understanding when I mentioned my health issues. Since then, supervisory positions and management have either moved to another store, moved to corporate, or been promoted within. The hiring process was initially short, but getting promoted seemed to take weeks! After that, I got a raise, but payroll had some kind of discrepancy and I did not receive my raise until weeks after it was promised. By this time, I was in a full-time cashier position with minor responsibilities on the front end. I got comfortable in this position while other coworkers seemed to be getting whatever they wanted as far as scheduling, department changes, and new responsibilities go. I became resentful and superficial because it seemed as though the more attractive employees moved up the ladder quickly, without complaint and without a visible, extensive interview and application process like I experienced. I know they were dedicated to their positions, and want to have a powerful position in the company, but with success came the whispers from the underlings that something was up. I'm not claiming perfection. I don't believe I deserve a raise at this point. It's just suspicious.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long since I actually sat down in an interview with my immediate supervisiors, I am lost as to how I could answer this question. None of the questions are difficult if they're answered honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting pay seemed non-negotiable, and a rotating, oblong, unfair schedule based on availability (not preference) became working whenever those who had other schedules could not. Was not ideal.

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors

Cashier Team Lead Interview

Interview

Simple interview...normal questions. Customer service centered questions because customer service is all the Academy is about. No procedural questions more on your work ethic and ability to be self motivated.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in March 2012.

Interview

I only had one interview but at times they will do seconds interviews and over the phone interviews it depends on the manger that is hiring. The interview itself might only take 30 minutes or less depending on the vibe the manger gets from the individual.

Interview Questions

• the questions were general questions on why i applied if i had a reliable form of transportation to get to work nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question