Academy Sports & Outdoors Interview Questions

2.1

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Initial interview was through the HR Rep. Got called in for an interview day for Assistant Buyers. Interviewed one on one with for 5 positions with the appropriate senior.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first and last day that Thanksgiving can be on?   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

After applying online I was contacted by phone and an interview time was arranged. I arrived an hour late on accident due to (I believe) miscommunication on their part. However, I apologized and went on in the interview. My interviewer was a store manager and very thoroughly went threw my work history, after which I was told on the spot that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    Was told there was a base level price all associates were hired at, however I later found out it could be negotiated higher as some coworkers had successfully done so.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

One interview then you go to training if hired

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Just typical, problem- solving interview questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really one.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in February 2014.

Very professional process for a small store opening in a rural area. The manager asked the basic behavioral type interview questions and was friendly. The only questions that through me off were related to confrontations with the boss. Those questions are difficult to answer if you have had a limited amount of bad bosses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to question your immediate supervisor for being wrong, and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Salary was too low.

Academy Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

2 minute phone call asking if full time hours are ok with you. After the phone interview its a walk through in the distribution center for 10 minutes. Once the walk through is done, they will ask if the job meets your availability.

Interview Questions
    • There are no questions other than, can you work these hours.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, they already have a set pay.

Merchant Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

I applied online and was contacted for an interview about a week later. I was interviewed by 3 people (a panel). They asked me about my education and work history, strengths, weaknesses, what I knew about the position, salary requirements, etc. The questions were fairly straight-forward and predictable. The interview only lasted about 10-15 minutes overall.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

Interview was extremely easy and laid back. Interviewers were in a positive mood. Scheduling the initial interview, HR was unorganized. I was sent a confirmation email and agenda for a wrong appointment time for a completely different position. I had to contact them to confirm the correct time and get the correct agenda for the actual position I applied for. The headquarters location is basically a warehouse call center. As some employees spoke in their reviews, the hiring selection process seems very off.. From speaking with HR, interviewers and other applicants it doesn't seem that the company hires/recruits employees who have been educated at the college level.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, some skill questions, mostly describing the position and the expectations. Again as I read in previous reviews, interviewer looked at their watch after asking if you had any questions. (C'mon guys little professionalism? Manners?)   Answer Question

I had already accepted a position elsewhere but company lacked professionalism and seemed very unorganized. Low pay,, if you. Have gone to a tier one or tier two university don't sell yourself short

Manager of Host Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

Call from HR, Call from Hiring Manager, 2+ Hours of Team interview Questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just getting asked the same question 5X and expected to answer it differently   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

Called me and set up a interview time, went to the interview that lasted about 30 mins. Asked about my experiences, why would i be the best for the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you received good customer service.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager - Staples Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interviewed with 4 different people