Academy Sports & Outdoors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.1

Mobile Product Analyst Interview

one phone interview and one in person interview

Manager of Host Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

Call from HR, Call from Hiring Manager, 2+ Hours of Team interview Questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just getting asked the same question 5X and expected to answer it differently   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • what makes you a better candidate for the job than the others who've applied?   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Webster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in December 2012.

During the interview a manager will read over your application and discuss thoroughly each question you answered then as questions of their own. If you answer a question in a way they don't like, they will discuss what they would rather you do. It depends on what manager is doing your interview too. Some of the managers are scary, so you want to be overly polite!

Interview Questions
    • If you witnessed you're coworker doing something wrong, or something you didn't approve of, would you tell a manager as soon as possible or try to take matters into your own hands first?   View Answer
    Take it, its a job!

Team Sports Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in November 2011.

I applied online and received a response within a week. I was asked to come in and meet with the Team Sports Department Manager. The interview consisted of questions about my work history as well as scenario-based queries and ethical questions. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a conflict with a co-worker?   View Answer
    I asked to have hours that would allow me to learn all aspects of the retail business, which was granted.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2014.

Called me and set up a interview time, went to the interview that lasted about 30 mins. Asked about my experiences, why would i be the best for the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you received good customer service.   Answer Question

Camping Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. Took about 5 business days to get a response in the form of an email letting me know they decided to explore other candidates.

I will be applying for other positions at the store.

Interview Questions
    • Waiting for a response whether is be negative or positive.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in October 2013.

first and second interview, onboarding, training

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in December 2013.

The interview was standard and the hiring staff was amazing. I would prep by reading the company history and also having all interview questions well memorized. This will be the key to landing the job and starting as soon as possible. They will work with anyone who is willing to work and give 100%.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

I received a phone call asking me when I will be available for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told if they are willing to hire me I will get another call back. I received a call back two days later. I then had a one on one interview which I was asked a series of questions. They were fairly easy if you have experienced working before. (I knew someone that had a phone interview, but never received a call back, so be sure you're honest and know what you're talking about. I think it might have been because she did not have past working experience but I'm not sure).

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time you disobeyed a rule?"   View Answer
    Try not to negotiate. These managers (at least mine) did not seem to care if you were pleased. All that mattered is if the store is still running. (If your hours sucked. Try to switch with someone or oh well.)