Academy Sports & Outdoors Team Lead Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Orange Park, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

You sit near the office to which you will interview in for about 10-15 minutes since the hiring manager has to get ready or finish up any of there tasks that they can not leave undone. Like any interview the manager will walk up to you and introduce themselves with a hand shake. You will sit in their office and the interview does not last long depending on if you talk more about the interview. All questions asked are situational, about what you have accomplished, and your skills and abilities.

Interview Questions

• What would you say was your best moment at your last job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in May 2014.

Interview

Questions were not very difficult. Wanted to know if I could be a team-player and work in a fast-paced environment. Interview took about 20 minutes. The manager did not seem too eager since it was a retail position and jobs come and go very quickly. It was not an intimidating process however.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you made in your last job and the steps you took to fix the mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered a base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

They do an initial phone screen about your availability, work history, and wages. If selected they will call u in for a face to face interview with the manager of the department your working with and the store director. They usual make there decision there. If they call u in they will usually hire you if there are a few applicants otherwise they will call u back in about three days. There is a lot of training on a computer. It tells u about the department your working in and selling techniques. There is no drug screen but there is a background check.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions just be prepared to answer questions about what customer service is to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The more experience the more pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called and recieved an interview the next day. It was a fairly formal interview with more traditional interview questions, however, they did also ask behavioral interview questions. I was called back for a second interview with a senior manager and this was more formal and behavioral oriented. They wanted to know what you have done in the past and how you've reacted to situations in the past. Overall it was average.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions. Make sure you research and prepare answers for these behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Knoxville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a call approximately one week later. I was interviewed on site by the operations manager who was very friendly and professional. I was asked about my related experience and also was asked several "What would you do in this situation" type questions. It was the first day of interviews for the new store, so I did not expect to receive an offer on the spot. She told me to expect to hear from her within two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Birmingham, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

I had tried one of the stores closest to me and they wouldn't schedule an interview because lack of retail experience. Got my foot in the door at another store through my daughter who worked there. Once I interviewed I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't much of a negotiation. Though I was hired at a low rate since I had no retail experience. Found out others hired after me, with no retail experience, got hired at a higher hourly wage.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in January 2009.

Interview

Shot gun ad for new store, two interviews, awesome staff, super friendly, and honest...

Interview Questions

• How often is it acceptable for an employee to show up late for work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They threw a figure out, I asked for .15 more, and got it!