Academy of Art University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview within a week, and scheduled in-person interview within a month. The interview was conducted in HR with a follow up with Student Affairs over the span of a few days in SF.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage things when your manager isn't around?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Academy of Art University in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through linkedin. Was denied first application. Was then called for a job that better suited my qualifications. Short easy phone interview. Was then called in for second interview with HR head. A very easy interview, most lead by my questions. There will be a third interview with direct suoervisiers this week if choosen from applicants.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by HR.It was an email asking if I was interested, then set up a phone interview. After I pass, scheduled a one-on-one with HR then met with the director of the department on the same day. A few days later, I got a phone call offering the position.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview is pretty typical as well as the one-on-one with HR. Questions such as, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me something about yourself? Scenarios questions handling difficult customer. If you're good at interviewing, you'll be fine but if you have a hard time, do research on the company and apply your abilities and past experience to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Salary was entry level and I just started out. If you have experience, you can probably try. Just keep in mind, they start pretty low.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Be prepared for a typing test and a basic Microsoft Office test. Also be prepared for no negotiation for pay. What you are offered is what you will get. The process can be long as you go through a few departments, so be patient. You may not get the department that you initially interviewed for. Be prepared to accept a job in whatever department you are assigned to.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical questions you would answer at any interview. I never like the what is your weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You get a very legalese contract and you sign it. It is a take it or leave it type of deal.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied to few positions online and got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. When she called me she sounded cold and immediately started by asking questions about my background, she even asked details about a job experience I had 5 years ago. I did not find the questions relevant and we did not discuss the positions she had. Few days later I received an email saying I had an appointment for a group interview, I didn't go.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

I did a phone interview, then after I passed that I had to do a Microsoft Office skills test which I passed, and then after I had to do a typing test. Then I went in for a face to face interview, everything seemed to be going fine. A week passed every time I had to take a new test, this should have been done all in one day or at least in just one week. The entire process took over a month. Then after I jumped through all the hoops, I was told that I would meet with the hiring manager and team of the department I would be placed into. Before I got the chance, I was told that the position was given to an internal candidate. I was told that I would be considered for other positions because there are so many of them... that was a lie. I emailed back to see if there was any update, and I was just ignored I still haven't heard back from the recruiter. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• They were all standard. Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in March 2012.

Interview

The skills test consisted of utilizing simple MS Excel functions (formulas) and composing formal letters on MS Word. The interview questions were straight forward, like asking my strengths.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you received criticism from an employer.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Academy of Art University in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter. I went in the next day for a personal interview with the HR Recruiter. I was called that same day to set up a skills test. After submitting the skills test, I was called the next day to set up an interview with the VP of Administration and the Director of the Department that I would work for. Professional and timely. I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult or unexpected interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really- I was offered the position with a salary- if I wanted it- I take it. If not- that's it