Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Academy of Art University
- Undergraduate Admissions Representative (17)
- Admissions Representative (13)
- Administrative Assistant (9)
- Student Services Advisor (4)
- Admissions Advisor (4)
- Admissions Manager (3)
- Financial Aid Representative (3)
- Art Model (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Customer Service Supervisor (2)
- Admissions (2)
- Student Advisor (2)
- Gallery Sales Associate (1)
- Academic Administrator (1)
- Instructional Designer (1)
- Instructor (1)
- Professional Services (1)
- Director of Admissions (1)
- Writer/Editor (1)
- Adjunct Faculty (1)
- Administration (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Photography Assistant (1)
- Lab Technician (1)
- Circulation Assistant (1)
- Support Technician (1)
- Cook II (1)
- E-learning Instructional Designer (1)
- Part Time Professor (1)
- Student Services Assistant (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.
went through phone interview, followed by a Skype interview, then a in person interview, very basic questions, customer service based interview questions, financial experience is a plus but not required
- do you have any financial aid experience Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
My interaction with the AAU's recruiter was positive, the department I'd be working for-ehh. Through the whole process I felt like the recruiter was in my corner, routing for me, giving me tips, giving me updates on the status, or even if there was no update- she'd call and say "Thanks for your patience, we haven't made a decision yet. I'll call again on Friday to check in." First, very positive in-person interview with recruiter. The second interview was with two representatives from the department I'd be working in. One couldn't keep his eyes off of his phone. Ultimately, he excused himself to make a phone call. He returned to the room and then had to leave again! His ins and out definitely broke my concentration and gave a weird vibe to the environment. I repeated some of my answers when he returned, but he was disengaged. This guy seemed to be in a very high position at AAU and very removed from the role of the position I was interviewing for. Clearly, his phone calls triumphed a measly interview. After I had this second interview the recruiter called to check in again. She said they really liked me and was considered one of the top candidates (despite all the awkwardness of the interview!). It was like I was getting a sneak peak about into the other side from the recruiter! A lengthy process overall and ultimately was not offered the position.
- What technologies are you skilled in? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.
Two managers interviewed me for 30 minutes each, and the questions were settled in a written document. The first interviewer friendly inspire my confidence showed the interviewee. The questions were difficult for me because its technical nature about it.
- 1. Tell us about your background: 1 Answer
- Tell us the tasks assigned in your last job and relevant to the job you are applying us: 1 Answer
- If I asked you would prepare a paste ingredients used? 1 Answer
- What do you know about this job? 1 Answer
- Do you wish to add something more in your interview? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.
i received a phone call the next day after I submitted an online application, the phone call was from HR dept about 3-5 mins, scheduled for two onsite interviews the following week - with HR and with your team managers, about 30 minutes each, easy-avg questions, mostly strength & weakness questions. Then received a phone call with offer after 3-5 days.
- why do you think we should hire you for the job 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.
Quick 15 minute phone interview 30 minute interview with HR recruiter 30 minute interview with hiring manager Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I felt heard and cared for as an interviewer. The human resources recruiter I worked with was incredible at communicating and answering emails on a timely manner.
- How would you express to parents the importance of their student pursuing the arts? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.
initial phone screen...as long as you can answer some basic sales oriented questions then you move on the another recruiter who has you come In for a face to face...if all good then you interview with director of admissions
- What do you know about the university 1 Answer
Room for negotiation
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.
I applied online, got a phone interview within a week, and scheduled in-person interview within a month. The interview was conducted in HR with a follow up with Student Affairs over the span of a few days in SF.
- How do you manage things when your manager isn't around? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.
The first stage is a 15 minute phone interview, and if they are still interested in you after the phone interview you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview is one on one for about 30 minutes, and it was a very pleasant experience. They are definitely focused on finding someone who is able to effectively communicate over the phone, so I would not apply if this is something you do not enjoy.
- Do you feel confident and comfortable contacting potentially interested students over the phone? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.
First had a phone screening with a recruiter. From there, I was moved to the next stage of the interview process, which was an in-person panel discussion with a manger and lead technician. Overall, it was an extremely easy interview.
- What do you like about photography? How would you deal with foreign language students? How many years have you been shooting photos? Do you have experience working with digital printers. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.
I applied to a call center position and was contacted the next day. I spoke to the recruiter on the phone and she was great at answering my questions and telling me about the job. I came for an in person interview with the recruiter the follwing week and met the managers right after. Both of these interviews were very detailed, thet asked lots of questions. I then recieved a call the next day to do references and I have since started my new job. The experience was very smooth and quick!
- How do you keep yourself motivated? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review