Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Academy of Art University
- Undergraduate Admissions Representative (17)
- Admissions Representative (13)
- Administrative Assistant (9)
- Admissions Advisor (4)
- Student Services Advisor (4)
- Admissions Manager (3)
- Admissions (2)
- Student Advisor (2)
- Customer Service Supervisor (2)
- Financial Aid Representative (2)
- Art Model (2)
- Part Time Professor (1)
- Student Services Assistant (1)
- Management Job Fair (1)
- Graduate Admissions Advisor (1)
- Pre-Admissions Representative (1)
- Financial Aid Outreach Representative (1)
- Video Workstation Technician (1)
- International Admission Specialist (1)
- Front Desk Administrative Human Resources (1)
- Instructotr (1)
- Academy Assistant (1)
- International Admissions Specialist - Bilingual Mandarin Chinese/English (1)
- Online Content Transcriber (1)
- Video/Audio Media Specialist (1)
- Department Assistant, Undergrad Admissions (1)
- International Student Services Manager (1)
- Digital Lab Technician (1)
- Macintosh Lab Technician (1)
- International Department Assistant (1)
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.
I applied online, got a phone interview within a week, and scheduled in-person interview within a month. The interview was conducted in HR with a follow up with Student Affairs over the span of a few days in SF.
- How do you manage things when your manager isn't around? Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University in February 2015.
Applied through linkedin. Was denied first application. Was then called for a job that better suited my qualifications. Short easy phone interview. Was then called in for second interview with HR head. A very easy interview, most lead by my questions. There will be a third interview with direct suoervisiers this week if choosen from applicants.
- Asked how I deal with angry or frustrated students. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA).
I applied online and I was contacted by HR.It was an email asking if I was interested, then set up a phone interview. After I pass, scheduled a one-on-one with HR then met with the director of the department on the same day. A few days later, I got a phone call offering the position.
- The phone interview is pretty typical as well as the one-on-one with HR. Questions such as, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me something about yourself? Scenarios questions handling difficult customer. If you're good at interviewing, you'll be fine but if you have a hard time, do research on the company and apply your abilities and past experience to the job. Answer Question
No negotiating. Salary was entry level and I just started out. If you have experience, you can probably try. Just keep in mind, they start pretty low.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.
Screening interview by phone > Online Skills Test > Formal HR Interview via Skype > AAU-wide Admin interview in person > Interview with Department Directors I Interviewed with four different Academic departments within the university. It was great to have an opportunity to find the right fit! When I interviewed with my current supervisor, I knew it was IT. The others felt awkward.
- How does your previous experience apply in an academic setting? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.
Be prepared for a typing test and a basic Microsoft Office test. Also be prepared for no negotiation for pay. What you are offered is what you will get. The process can be long as you go through a few departments, so be patient. You may not get the department that you initially interviewed for. Be prepared to accept a job in whatever department you are assigned to.
- The questions were the typical questions you would answer at any interview. I never like the what is your weakness. Answer Question
No negotiation at all. You get a very legalese contract and you sign it. It is a take it or leave it type of deal.
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.
I applied to few positions online and got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. When she called me she sounded cold and immediately started by asking questions about my background, she even asked details about a job experience I had 5 years ago. I did not find the questions relevant and we did not discuss the positions she had. Few days later I received an email saying I had an appointment for a group interview, I didn't go.
- Tell me about your experience in this position? Answer Question
- No OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.
I did a phone interview, then after I passed that I had to do a Microsoft Office skills test which I passed, and then after I had to do a typing test. Then I went in for a face to face interview, everything seemed to be going fine. A week passed every time I had to take a new test, this should have been done all in one day or at least in just one week. The entire process took over a month. Then after I jumped through all the hoops, I was told that I would meet with the hiring manager and team of the department I would be placed into. Before I got the chance, I was told that the position was given to an internal candidate. I was told that I would be considered for other positions because there are so many of them... that was a lie. I emailed back to see if there was any update, and I was just ignored I still haven't heard back from the recruiter. What a joke.
- They were all standard. Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University in March 2012.
The skills test consisted of utilizing simple MS Excel functions (formulas) and composing formal letters on MS Word. The interview questions were straight forward, like asking my strengths.
- Tell me a time that you received criticism from an employer. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University in August 2010.
Phone interview with HR recruiter. I went in the next day for a personal interview with the HR Recruiter. I was called that same day to set up a skills test. After submitting the skills test, I was called the next day to set up an interview with the VP of Administration and the Director of the Department that I would work for. Professional and timely. I was offered the position the next day.
- There were not difficult or unexpected interview questions 1 Answer
No negotiation really- I was offered the position with a salary- if I wanted it- I take it. If not- that's it
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review