Academy of Art University

www.academyart.edu
  www.academyart.edu

Academy of Art University Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Academy of Art University in July 2014.

I applied for the Undergraduate Admissions Representative position online. Within a few days, I was contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the recruiter providing background information on the university, position, and projected salary. I was asked to go over my resume and explain my reasoning and interest in working for the organization. I was also asked to provide examples of how my experiences fit the role. Throughout the interview, the recruiter was professional and friendly. The person asked questions that were fair and appropriate for the position .

After the resume overview, one is directed to ask any questions they have about the position. During the interview, I asked a number of questions which helped me determine the position was actually for a salesperson and not a student counselor or advisor role. Based on the helpful information, I was able to make the accurate decision to decline an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. The interviews questions were standard.   Answer Question

I declined an on-site interview offer because the Undergraduate Admissions Representative position is the equivalent of an Account Representative / Account Manager title in a traditional sales department. I was not interested in a sales position.

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University.

Usually a minimum of 3 interviews, phone screen, in person HR, and in person hiring manager. It is important to demonstrate your passion for the arts and education and putting the student first.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing questions. I luckily had worked in higher education admissions previously which helped me to know what type of answer they were looking for, although it's really about engaging with the student and being able to overcome obstacles   Answer Question

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University.

Phone screen with a recruiter who was nice, interview with HR who was personable and friendly, final interview with the two directors of admissions. Directors were boring in comparison and had a sales mentality. HR did not share similar views about the position so when the directors explained, it was a surprise.

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Be professional, you talk to three tiers of people: staffing, recruiting, then the director of the branch you're in. Helpful to be yourself, but a more corporate version of yourself.

Interview Questions
    • The typical "where do you see yourself five years from now/what do you have difficulty with/why are you a good fit here" corporate questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Academy of Art University in June 2012.

The interview process was fairly quick. First I I filled out an interest form online. Then I received a call and scheduled my interview. The interview itself was short - only 20 minutes. The interviewer asked approximately 10 questions. The position required more sales experience/skills than I had anticipated. The online job posting did not offer much detail about the position requirements other than general customer service and communication skills. However, it became clear during the interview that the position was sales-based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in June 2012.

I had previously applied for a different position with AAU, but was declined in the first stage. A couple weeks after submitting that first application, I received an email from the recruiting center about this position as Admissions Representative. I affirmed that I was interested in the admissions representative position, and a recruiting rep reached called me pretty quickly.

There was a phone screening with the recruiting rep, then a few days later an interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked to dress professionally, preferably suit and tie. After the interview, I got an email within three days of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately at this time I can't recall the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in March 2012.

I was called by an HR recruiter within a week of submitting my application. The first phone interview was mostly informational with some general inquiries about job history, as well as more specific workplace scenario questions related to the position. At the end of this conversation, we scheduled an in-person interview. I met the same recruiter I had spoken with on the phone, and there was some repetition in the questions asked. The final round was a panel interview, again featuring a blend of questions related to the candidate's interests and expertise, and more workplace scenario questions. All in all, a very straightforward interview process, and I was impressed by the quick response time after each round.

Interview Questions
    • List your top three strengths that you will bring to this position.   Answer Question
    They offer you the job by phone and do not send out a written copy of the offer terms until after you accept. The recruiter is very accessible and friendly, and answers questions thoroughly by phone and email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Academy of Art University in August 2011.

I got a call for a different job than the one I had applied to. The HR woman was nice enough during the phone interview and sent me the skills test. After taking the skills test I was called in for an interview with HR then a group interview with the managers. The HR interview was fine, but really long. I got the sense of it being a corporation like I have heard. I work at a different univeristy now and worked at another one in socal before this and this is NOT the same higher ed feel to it. It very much feels like a business. I was the first one interviewing with the managers who were cold, unfriendly, and to the point. At one point they said the position was not for someone who slacks off or is a slow worker or doesn't work fast...they made me feel like that's what they thought I was. They were pretty rude, and when I asked questions they almost look bothered that I did. When I left they said "well best of luck to you" as if they had made a decision right there. Nothing about being in touch or any friendliness at all. A week later I got a call from HR that the managers still hadn't decided and if I would like to still be kept in the loop. I said NO because if they hadn't decided by then, why would I want to be a second choice? Especially after how rude my managers would be! The job I ended up getting is much better. I still get emails from them since my resume is still on file..NO THANK YOU!

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

About one hour long interview process. First with the recruiter and second with the Director and COO. Be prepared for a 'role playing' challenge.

Interview Questions
    • What do you tell a student who is unsure of what they want to do?   Answer Question
    no ability to negotiate

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

interviewed at Academy of Art University in July 2012.

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 skills you have? What leadership skills do you have? What can you provide to our school?   Answer Question