Academy of Art University Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.7

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Academy of Art University.

The first stage is a 15 minute phone interview, and if they are still interested in you after the phone interview you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview is one on one for about 30 minutes, and it was a very pleasant experience. They are definitely focused on finding someone who is able to effectively communicate over the phone, so I would not apply if this is something you do not enjoy.

Interview Questions
  • Do you feel confident and comfortable contacting potentially interested students over the phone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Academy of Art University in July 2014.

I applied for the Undergraduate Admissions Representative position online. Within a few days, I was contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the recruiter providing background information on the university, position, and projected salary. I was asked to go over my resume and explain my reasoning and interest in working for the organization. I was also asked to provide examples of how my experiences fit the role. Throughout the interview, the recruiter was professional and friendly. The person asked questions that were fair and appropriate for the position .

After the resume overview, one is directed to ask any questions they have about the position. During the interview, I asked a number of questions which helped me determine the position was actually for a salesperson and not a student counselor or advisor role. Based on the helpful information, I was able to make the accurate decision to decline an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. The interviews questions were standard.   Answer Question

I declined an on-site interview offer because the Undergraduate Admissions Representative position is the equivalent of an Account Representative / Account Manager title in a traditional sales department. I was not interested in a sales position.

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University.

Usually a minimum of 3 interviews, phone screen, in person HR, and in person hiring manager. It is important to demonstrate your passion for the arts and education and putting the student first.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing questions. I luckily had worked in higher education admissions previously which helped me to know what type of answer they were looking for, although it's really about engaging with the student and being able to overcome obstacles   Answer Question

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University.

Phone screen with a recruiter who was nice, interview with HR who was personable and friendly, final interview with the two directors of admissions. Directors were boring in comparison and had a sales mentality. HR did not share similar views about the position so when the directors explained, it was a surprise.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in April 2014.

Applied online. Received an email about setting up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening, was asked about coming in for an interview. Attended an in-person interview with an HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay: You call a student who you believe may be interested in attending Art U, but on the phone they seem very uninterested and unsure. Get them interested and make them want to come to Art U.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in February 2014.

Highly misleading. Recruiter grossly oversold the position and company and misrepresented both the type of work to be done and the environment in which it would be completed. They will hire almost anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Only extraordinarily basic questions were asked. None stand out, or were remarkably insightful/challenging.   Answer Question
    I was told what the salary would be and asked what salary I was looking for. There was no tolerance for negotiating, it was take it or leave it.

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Be professional, you talk to three tiers of people: staffing, recruiting, then the director of the branch you're in. Helpful to be yourself, but a more corporate version of yourself.

Interview Questions
    • The typical "where do you see yourself five years from now/what do you have difficulty with/why are you a good fit here" corporate questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Academy of Art University in June 2012.

The interview process was fairly quick. First I I filled out an interest form online. Then I received a call and scheduled my interview. The interview itself was short - only 20 minutes. The interviewer asked approximately 10 questions. The position required more sales experience/skills than I had anticipated. The online job posting did not offer much detail about the position requirements other than general customer service and communication skills. However, it became clear during the interview that the position was sales-based.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in June 2012.

I had previously applied for a different position with AAU, but was declined in the first stage. A couple weeks after submitting that first application, I received an email from the recruiting center about this position as Admissions Representative. I affirmed that I was interested in the admissions representative position, and a recruiting rep reached called me pretty quickly.

There was a phone screening with the recruiting rep, then a few days later an interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked to dress professionally, preferably suit and tie. After the interview, I got an email within three days of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately at this time I can't recall the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Academy of Art University in March 2012.

I was called by an HR recruiter within a week of submitting my application. The first phone interview was mostly informational with some general inquiries about job history, as well as more specific workplace scenario questions related to the position. At the end of this conversation, we scheduled an in-person interview. I met the same recruiter I had spoken with on the phone, and there was some repetition in the questions asked. The final round was a panel interview, again featuring a blend of questions related to the candidate's interests and expertise, and more workplace scenario questions. All in all, a very straightforward interview process, and I was impressed by the quick response time after each round.

Interview Questions
    • List your top three strengths that you will bring to this position.   Answer Question
    They offer you the job by phone and do not send out a written copy of the offer terms until after you accept. The recruiter is very accessible and friendly, and answers questions thoroughly by phone and email.