Acadia Insurance

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acadia Insurance

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, ME

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Acadia Insurance.

I went through a recruiter, which would be step 1. Step 2 was a phone interview with the branch RVP. Step 3 was an in person interview with the RVP and HR rep. This included a Wonderlic cognitive exam. It wasn't difficult, just one extra process to do. Next step was multiple interviews in Maine with UW department heads and HR. They flew me out that morning, conducted the interviews and then I flew home that evening. It was an exhausting process, but the people were great. Lastly, it took a month to hear back from them. Caution in hiring is definitely understandable. I just wonder how many good candidates they lose in this process.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate most terms...salary, vacation, etc.

Ratings Tech Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acadia Insurance in December 2013.

Applied via a Career Fair. Was called by HR for a phone interview. During the phone interview they also asked me to interview for a Services Specialist and I agreed. The interview went well nothing too unordinary except one of the interviewers seemed impatient and wanted to get back to work as quickly as possible. They told me they would get back to me within two weeks but they never did and ignored me when I followed up with them after the two weeks. The position was still posted on their website for months after I followed up.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user in Microsoft Office?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

You will need to complete an application and specify what your expected salary will be. There is also a cognitive learning exam to take. I was notified in the phone interview that this exam would be required and it was NOT fun.