Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Have your resume ready, interview with a manager and wait time varies.

Interview Question – None if you are prepared. Know about the industry, their restaurants, the food they offer. Be familiarized about them, that is why you are applying anyway.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants.

Interview Details – None got hired right then and there.

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Sherman Oaks, CA

Interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants

Interview Details – Extremely unprofessional. I had to come back over and over and have a total of 5 interviews because managers were so unorganized and they would forget about the interviews they scheduled. I was promised a job, which is the reason why I kept going back. Several managers including the general manager promised me a job but I when I showed up for my 5th interview and the manager was not there once again, I left and asked them to contact me and let me know what is going on and why this kept happening. They never did. Between all the interviews and phone calls they asked me to make, I wasted a month on this company. Again, extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate of other people's time and effort.

Reason for Declining – I didn't actually decline. I showed up for every interview, even though they stood me up time after time, and just assigned random "managers" to interview me. These managers all promised me a job but when it came time to talk to the bar manager who was in charge of hiring me, he always had an emergency and was not available. He was the one who scheduled these appointments with me but yet could not have the curtsey to call and cancel. After a month of my time and effort I gave up.

Busser Interview

Orange, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in December 2011.

Interview Details – I swagged the first manager out. Then I had a 2nd interview with another guy who asked me regular questions. (Swag) He said he would hire me if the decision was up to him, but he was relocating to a different store so he wouldn't be doing he hiring. I had a 3rd interview with the boss of the location on the third day, and I haven't received a call since. (Swag points decreased)

Server Interview

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in June 2012.

Interview Details – The manager had a prepared set of questions. The first part of the inview was mostly screening for availablity and fit. How much in tips do you expect to make? Review of other jobs and my duties. Reasons for leaving; etc. They some behavorial questions--tell me a bout a time you have to go above and beyond the call of duty to take care of a guest. Also situational questions--think of your favorite appetizer from any restaurant; now describe it for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were asked to do something you didn't agree with and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Are you a good server? Tell me why.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in July 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview was conducted for the Help Desk Analyst position. Interview questions consisted of experience listed on my resume. Point of Sale (POS) system knowledge was preferred. Although POS knowledge was preferred but not required, lack of hands on experience with POS systems possible possible resulted in no offer.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants employees and interview candidates.