Accelrys

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accelrys in October 2010.

Applied online, but didn't get any response. So I emailed the HR directly, then I received a response a few days later. They first scheduled an hour phone interview with the hiring manager. After that I had an onsite interview where I had 1:1 interview with about 4 different managers/developers.
    The hiring manager asked a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • ]What is the major difference between Web Services using SOAP/WSDL compared to “RESTful” Web Services?   Answer Question
    • When deploying a Servlet into a Web container, is the Servlet a Singleton or not?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Accelrys in February 2009.

Phone interview with a group of 2. Onsite interview with a group of 3. Some technical questions on the phone interview and onsite interview.

There was not much room for negotiation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accelrys in January 2007.

straight forward, one to one interviews with managers and peers. questions about experience, the subject of informatics, background on scientific expertise within informatics. HR was typical HR questions - what do you like to do, why interested in the job. nothing too notable.

Tech Lead Interview

Short hiring process. Was interviewed over the phone first and then in person 2 rounds. The interview was pretty straight forward and the interviewers were friendly. They were helping and guiding through problems often. More emphasis was laid on the solving capability not first time right

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accelrys.

1st stage - phone interview by boss-to-be
    2nd stage - 3-4 hour face to face interview by the following:
    HR: welcome and close with box-ticking questions and questionnaire
    Technical team members: longest part of the interview
    Boss-to-be: a mix of technical and general
    Boss of boss-to-be: general

Most of the development work requires the use of a proprietary software, that's why all the candidates are shown this, which is good as the candidates know what they are getting into.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation - they offered the top of my requested range (I wish I asked for more!)

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accelrys in July 2011.

3 interviews 1:1 + time with HR person.
    In depth, wide-ranging, thorough: 3 different points of view on the same role. Many technical discussions; some assumption of familiarity with their main products and industry, but they were happy to explain.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resitrict visibility of variables in a Java subclass?   View Answer