Accenture Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
196 interviews

196 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

I got recruited on campus at a career fair. It seems like they hire a lot of recent grads and expect them to start the fall after the spring graduation. The whole process was a little lengthy. I dropped off my resume early January and got invited to apply online with a requisition number. I had 2 phone interviews. The first one was about 30 minutes and the second one was about an hour. I then had an in person interview that lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Accenture considering you are an engineer?   Answer Question
Accenture does not really negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

I had two phone interviews and an office visit. The first phone interview focused on my resume. The second phone interview was behavioral and consisted of a lot of "tell me about a time when..." The office visit began with a PowerPoint presentation led by current Analysts. Then, I was brought to three different offices to meet with different senior level consultants. These interviews were much like the first two. They were looking to make sure that I was a good personality fit more than anything else.

Interview Questions
    I asked for an increase in base pay and was told that they could grant that request. Instead, I got a 50% increase in my sign-on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

3 step interview process was long and covered completely over the phone (last interview via video)

Dealing with HR was awful as the point of contact was unable to answer detailed questions and did not have authority to make decisions. Multiple delays setting up touch points and clarifying details.

Upon hiring I suspect that the process was dragged out to push benefits (stock and 401K match) out through missing cycle windows.

Coming into this organization as an 'Experienced Hire' must be taken with a grain of salt as they are best set up to handle new hires fresh out of college from staffing and training perspective. Once integrated within the organization the new hires become competition that can make promotion more difficult as skills are based on project experiences not overall knowledge or previous skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most complex task at your previous job?   View Answer
    Negotiation was not an option and I accepted average salary knowing the benefits and exposure of this position held value beyond salary.

Analyst Interview

Hiring process out of Undergraduate College included 2 rounds of campus interviews and a final office visit with 2 additional interviews with Senior Executives. The first round was a basic "you're not crazy" interview - very easy! The second round consisted of 10 behavioral questions, which were a little more difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Usually starts with a screening call. Prepare to give relevant examples of your work / experience (even if you are straight out of college). They are looking for articulate, enthusiastic, smart, and leaders. Once you move forward, they will usually bring you to an office for a number of face-to-face interviews where they will assess you from a behavior and skills perspective. Practice giving relevant examples when answering the interviewers questions and you should do well. Overall they are very friendly and are genuine in learning more about you and how you will fit and be successful there.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the level you are being considered they will try to assess your technical competency. It is usually conducted by someone in that field so make sure you can give relevancy and competency.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

Campus Hiring consisted of 2 on campus interviews and 1 on site interview

Questions consisted of primarily behavioral questions. The goal was to see if you were a fit within the culture. No Case Questions were provided

Very straight forward interview

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Standard run of the mill questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

It starts off very cold... an application through an online portal. They then brought me in for "Assessment Day" with a pool of potential hires. This process was very long, but not too stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2010.

College interview. First round/second round on campus. Final round in person with large group.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior type questions, situation stuff. Make sure to talk about what YOU delivered. Use the words "high performance" somewhere in your talk.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

It took a long time to get a callback(over a month). They do an initial phone interview then they call you for an in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. You interview with 2 managers and if they like you then you will meet with the senior manager. If you have met the senior manager you have the job   Answer Question
    give a salary range

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Resume Parse, Phone Screen (general), Phone Screen (behavioral), Phone Interview, Panel Interview, Offer

Felt like the recruiting process was smooth and dialed in. Recruiters were responsive and you really felt like they were interested in you and didn't keep you guessing. That was one of the main reasons I went with Accenture vs. a competing offer where the process was drawn out and felt like the recruiter had no urgency, then when you had another offer they then desperately wanted to get you their offer, but without it would have kept you waiting. There was a clear contrast in how I perceived the 2 companies which are both successful Fortune 500s, but Accenture's process got an A+ and felt great.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward and efficient - best recruiting experience I've had!   View Answer
    Did not negotiate much, got lump sum relo bonus ($5 K)... would have asked for base increase instead.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!