Accenture

Average Difficulty
192 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process was long and covered completely over the phone (last interview via video)

Dealing with HR was awful as the point of contact was unable to answer detailed questions and did not have authority to make decisions. Multiple delays setting up touch points and clarifying details.

Upon hiring I suspect that the process was dragged out to push benefits (stock and 401K match) out through missing cycle windows.

Coming into this organization as an 'Experienced Hire' must be taken with a grain of salt as they are best set up to handle new hires fresh out of college from staffing and training perspective. Once integrated within the organization the new hires become competition that can make promotion more difficult as skills are based on project experiences not overall knowledge or previous skills.

Interview Question – What was your most complex task at your previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option and I accepted average salary knowing the benefits and exposure of this position held value beyond salary.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Hiring process out of Undergraduate College included 2 rounds of campus interviews and a final office visit with 2 additional interviews with Senior Executives. The first round was a basic "you're not crazy" interview - very easy! The second round consisted of 10 behavioral questions, which were a little more difficult.

Interview Question – Name a time you held a leadership role.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Usually starts with a screening call. Prepare to give relevant examples of your work / experience (even if you are straight out of college). They are looking for articulate, enthusiastic, smart, and leaders. Once you move forward, they will usually bring you to an office for a number of face-to-face interviews where they will assess you from a behavior and skills perspective. Practice giving relevant examples when answering the interviewers questions and you should do well. Overall they are very friendly and are genuine in learning more about you and how you will fit and be successful there.

Interview Question – Depending on the level you are being considered they will try to assess your technical competency. It is usually conducted by someone in that field so make sure you can give relevancy and competency.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Hiring consisted of 2 on campus interviews and 1 on site interview

Questions consisted of primarily behavioral questions. The goal was to see if you were a fit within the culture. No Case Questions were provided

Very straight forward interview

Interview Question – No Difficult questions. Standard run of the mill questions.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – It starts off very cold... an application through an online portal. They then brought me in for "Assessment Day" with a pool of potential hires. This process was very long, but not too stressful.

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2010.

Interview Details – College interview. First round/second round on campus. Final round in person with large group.

Interview Question – All behavior type questions, situation stuff. Make sure to talk about what YOU delivered. Use the words "high performance" somewhere in your talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – It took a long time to get a callback(over a month). They do an initial phone interview then they call you for an in person interview

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. You interview with 2 managers and if they like you then you will meet with the senior manager. If you have met the senior manager you have the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – give a salary range

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – Resume Parse, Phone Screen (general), Phone Screen (behavioral), Phone Interview, Panel Interview, Offer

Felt like the recruiting process was smooth and dialed in. Recruiters were responsive and you really felt like they were interested in you and didn't keep you guessing. That was one of the main reasons I went with Accenture vs. a competing offer where the process was drawn out and felt like the recruiter had no urgency, then when you had another offer they then desperately wanted to get you their offer, but without it would have kept you waiting. There was a clear contrast in how I perceived the 2 companies which are both successful Fortune 500s, but Accenture's process got an A+ and felt great.

Interview Question – Very straightforward and efficient - best recruiting experience I've had!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much, got lump sum relo bonus ($5 K)... would have asked for base increase instead.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – Handed in resume at university recruiting event and was contacted for an on-campus job interview a few days later. Had an interview the next day. The two interviewers were professional and guided me through two business case questions. Received rejection 2 days later. A pleasurable experience (minus the rejection).

Interview Question – Had to work on a business case with almost no time to think about my answer.   Answer Question

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus through university recruiting. Then went onsite for a series of 3 interviews with 3 VPs, following a lunch and overview with other interview candidates.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions like "what is the hardest challenge you've faced", "do you work well in teams" and "what are you most proud of"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not budge on entry-level salary, though did give me a positive location adjustment when my city changed from a less expensive to a more expensive city.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!