Accenture Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in February 2015.

It was a 45 minute interview consisting of self-introduction, behavioral questions and two small cases. The behavioral questions mainly focused on how to work in a team and what industries interest the candidate the most. The two cases are straightforward and simple. One was marketing sizing and the other was about operations.

Interview Questions
  • teamwork role? leader's characteristics? interested industry? mkt sizing and operational related case.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Analyst Interview

I applied through my university's career services and got an interview.First interview they go over your resume and talk through it point by point. Second interview is a behavioral interview. I didn't get called in for a third interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you had to do something new and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

First round interview: on-campus, 30 minutes casual conversation with a Senior Manager.
    I was invited to the second round interview on the same day. Due to the large volume of candidates, the second round interview was to be conducted over telephone.

Second round interview: 45 minutes situational phone interview with a HR recruiter. She wanted me to use the STAR method to answer all the behavioral questions, spend 1-2 minutes to give an overview of the problem, task at hand and result. She proceeded to ask follow-up questions on my answers.
    Questions asked:
    1. Tell me about a time when you had to work under an extremely tight deadline and how did you handle it?
    2. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a large volume of data and how did you handle it?
    3. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member in a team and how did you resolve the conflict?
    4. Tell me about the biggest challenge you faced in the past and how did you handle it?
    5. Tell me about a time when you had to create a plan and what steps did you take to follow the plan?
    6. Tell me about a time when you had to handle something you’ve never dealt with before.
    The HR recruiter took notes and sent it back to the campus recruiter, heard back within the same week.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. Just be sure to have really good example for each question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

I made it to the second round of interviews. The process was very quick. Second Round interviews were the next day. The first round was two cases and then the second round was one case and one behavioral. Second round was less straightforward in case and the behavioral also had a case aspect.

Interview Questions
    • In the behavioral interview, I was suddenly thrown a case that involved thinking out all the different paths and events that could affect the sugar cane industry.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

First interview with HR then subsequent interviews with staff across various levels in the organization.
    Took about 3 weeks to get feedback from HR then another week for the first interview with Associate to be setup.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions. Typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry level analyst roles.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Two case studies in the first round, each with a behavioral portion. One of the cases was a bit longer, whereas the shorter one was more discussion based. second round was a behavioral interview (which they called confirmational) and a case interview.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I considered my hiring process a quick one. In 3 weeks I went through 4 interviews which included 3 phone interviews and 1 three hour office visit. Most behavioral questions from both phone and office visits. After about 3 business days I received a phone call from the recruiter extending an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I can not recall questions asked, but glassdoor helped immensely as almost 80% of my questions had been posted here by other interviewees.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate at all, I wish I had though.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Always, always attend any preliminary events they host. Get in initial contact with the recruiter and leverage your school's alumni network if applicable. There are two 45-minute interviews in the first round. Case interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview is a generic "introduce your self", followed by two case interviews. Interviews are conducted on campus and about ~40 people get the first round interviews. After that, if you proved to second round, you get to face someone more senior, such as Managers (but never a Partner). Till then you get the chance to discuss benefits and etc.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question regarding the skills you put in your qualification section.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

They were quick to communicate and reach out to me when I applied. The actual process took about a few weeks. Initially, there were two phone screening. Afterwards, I was able to make it to the 3rd round interview. Being honest with the questions they asked worked as an advantage. Lastly, there was a offer letter. It was quite tough to negotiate an offer with them.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you failed and how you recovered from that failure.   View Answer