Accenture

Average Difficulty
191 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – The process started with applying through the career website of the school. First and second round interviews were done on campus, final rounds were done at the local office. There were 2 days between my first interview and my second, and then 2 weeks till I heard I would have a final interview. It took a few more weeks to schedule that interview. After I finished that, they decided to switch me over from the tech side to the MC side, so they put me through a case interview several weeks later. It was a few more weeks till I was informed I had an offer.

In terms of the interviews themselves, the first round was with low level employees, the second round was with a manager and the final round was 2 back to back interviews with partners. All 3 interviews were resume based, and the final round actually just turned out to be a polite conversation in which it appeared that they were trying to sell me on why accenture.

The final case interview I got was just a simple business problem in which they asked me to think about the positives and negatives of a situation. I missed a key one, the guy pointed it out I apologized and moved on. Whole thing was over in 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you lead a team   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The office visit was terrible. The greeter that was entertaining us before the interviewers was just rude and talked about how nasty and political the promotion process was. I also really did not like dealing with HR person, who was not very responsive. In addition, it took them several weeks to decide to move me on the process and then several more to decide to give me an offer, but yet they decided I had only 1 week to decide. The entire process was largely negative for me.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Interview Details – three phone screens

Interview Question – Describe the value placed on training.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other more lucrative opportunity

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pleasant and efficient overall. I was given a dedicated recruiter who was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating with my schedule. I first went through a screening call with that individual then a "skills interview" with a consultant that wasn't too difficult, but definitely direct with the skills. After that I was told I'd be flown in for an on-site interview at a close city. That consisted of meeting a manager in the particular group. Overall, a fine experience, but disorganized at chaotic at times with scheduling.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard from a recruiter 2 days later. We scheduled a phone screening that lasted 30 minutes. A few days later we scheduled a phone interview to eveluate my skills and that interview was about 30 minutes. Finally there was an in person interview designed for me to get all of my questions answered.

Interview Question – Name a foundation table and describe the path to get to it.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview. It was just a basic screen to make sure you could talk to people. The second interview was a phone interview that lasted about 2 hours. You go over 3-4 scenarios and explain your thought process. The interviewer will delve into detail by asking pushing questions. The final interview was at the office. At this point, the job is yours to lose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Do negotiate for a higher salary. Be tough, they like that.

Reston, VA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very structured, and other than a few general technical questions, most of the interviewing process consisted of behavioral interviews. First round was a quick phone interview; second round was a 1-on-1 behavioral. Final round interviews were on-site in Reston and consisted of 2 interviews back-to-back. Initially on-site, current employees spoke to the interviewees, and the recruiters presented the benefits packages.

Interview Question – Which part of the software development lifecycle are you most interested in?   View Answer

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – First round started with a current analyst asking me if I had questions - I was nervous so i didn't but went to her afterwards and she was really great to talk to. The interviewer was a current employee who was very nice and outgoing. Basically the whole interview had me walk her through my resume and what were some important experiences. She asked me a few details about some experiences I was talking about, but that was it, lasted 30 minutes.

Second round interview was 45 minutes. Started with a group of current employees (analysts and consultants) waiting in the lobby to chat and ask questions with. Again, the interviewer was extremely nice and outgoing, very easy to talk to. Had 3-4 behavioral questions then a 15 minute case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make an important decision with little direction or no guidance?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a project that had many obstacles.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time that you had to organize a large project.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2007.

Interview Details – there were a total of three interviews. The first one was a background based where you talk to the interviewer about your interests and goals.

Second one is a behavioral one where you get questions about your experience.

Last one is one site. It lasts one full day. It's a way to get to know the company

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   View Answers (6)

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in March 2007.

Interview Details – Make sure you speak with the greeters, they will be the first thing you see when you walk into the interview. Talk to them about general stuff and just be personable.

During the interview, make sure you know your resume because they will break it down piece by piece and ask you questions that get you to the point. Study the STAR interview techniques to help you prepare. Do not lie, they'll find out really easily.

Interview Question – Name a time you tried to impress your boss but failed   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in November 2008.

Interview Details – Out of all of the interviews I had, Accenture provided the most comfortable and enjoyable experience! Everyone I interviewed with was obviously intelligent and successful, but also extremely personable and welcoming. The interviews were primarily behavioral and experience based.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult decision to make and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, and I wish I had. I was just so excited about getting an offer from my first choice that I accepted right away! When negotiating, you have to be careful. Be practical and honest, but if you think you are worth fighting for...then put up a fight :)