Accenture Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Resume Parse, Phone Screen (general), Phone Screen (behavioral), Phone Interview, Panel Interview, Offer

Felt like the recruiting process was smooth and dialed in. Recruiters were responsive and you really felt like they were interested in you and didn't keep you guessing. That was one of the main reasons I went with Accenture vs. a competing offer where the process was drawn out and felt like the recruiter had no urgency, then when you had another offer they then desperately wanted to get you their offer, but without it would have kept you waiting. There was a clear contrast in how I perceived the 2 companies which are both successful Fortune 500s, but Accenture's process got an A+ and felt great.

Interview Questions
  • Very straightforward and efficient - best recruiting experience I've had!   View Answer
Did not negotiate much, got lump sum relo bonus ($5 K)... would have asked for base increase instead.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Very structures process. Screening interview; Behavioral interview (or 2); Office visit (behavioral or technical interview). Accenture has a good understanding of the competencies that make people successful, and they look for previous experience in demonstrating those competencies.

Interview Questions
    • Time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client. How did you handle it, what did YOU do.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

A friend recommended me and submitted my resume. Within a day, I had received a call to schedule my first interview with the recruiter. She was incredibly helpful and eager to get me to join Accenture. 1 week later she came back and said I wasn't determined to be a good fit for the original position I applied for, but instead they wanted me to apply for another position (completely irrelevant to my skill set). Said I wasn't interested but would like to find another position. Never heard anything back after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Applied through school and landed the first on-campus interview. They had current analysts there to greet you and answer general questions about the company. The earlier you come, the more time you get to engage in small talk with them. The actual interview was only about 20 minutes where where the interviewer asks very general questions about your history and your resume. Make sure you know your resume in and out to be able to discuss and describe your past projects/work experiences.

Got an email later that evening with confirmation for the second round interview which took place the following day. This time around, There was a Consultant that asked very detailed behavioral questions. [Make sure you prepare before hand for this. Most people fail to perform well in this style of interviews because their responses are vague. Always answer with specific examples and logically breakdown your actions.]

About a week later, received confirmation for a third round of interviews to take place the following week on-site. This round is more laid back compared to the tensed second round. Arrived at the site and met several other applicants (about 20). For about an hour, you and about four other applicants sit with a current analyst and talk about the company. [This is the time to ask company culture questions. Because these are analysts who are probably less than a year into the jobs, you can ask very "real" questions and expect to hear frank responses about their experiences in the company.] After, you sit through a 2 hour presentation about the company structure while being served lunch. Next, I was met by a Senior Executive who interviewed me for an hour. This was a mixture of behavioral and traditional interviews. Also be prepared to ask several questions. Then was interviewed by Senior manager with an identical interview structure as the previous one.
    [Basically, if you've made it to the third round, know that the company really likes you. To me it seemed that this round was just to make sure that you weren't weird and that you were competent. One thing I would say is that this round is mainly structured for you to ask as many questions as possible; prepare a list of questions (20+).]

A week and a few days later, I received a call from my main recruiter that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a difficult problem and what steps you took to solve it.   View Answer
    • So, tell me about what you did at XYZ company? What did you like about it?   Answer Question
    Not really Negotiable. You are told earlier in the process that the offer is final for all entry level analysts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Submitted online and received a phone interview, then was invited to interview as a group in the office.

was offered a sign-in bonus at the start, didn't know you can actually negotiate higher on sign-on bonus. Attempted to get higher salary instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

The process started with applying through the career website of the school. First and second round interviews were done on campus, final rounds were done at the local office. There were 2 days between my first interview and my second, and then 2 weeks till I heard I would have a final interview. It took a few more weeks to schedule that interview. After I finished that, they decided to switch me over from the tech side to the MC side, so they put me through a case interview several weeks later. It was a few more weeks till I was informed I had an offer.

In terms of the interviews themselves, the first round was with low level employees, the second round was with a manager and the final round was 2 back to back interviews with partners. All 3 interviews were resume based, and the final round actually just turned out to be a polite conversation in which it appeared that they were trying to sell me on why accenture.

The final case interview I got was just a simple business problem in which they asked me to think about the positives and negatives of a situation. I missed a key one, the guy pointed it out I apologized and moved on. Whole thing was over in 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

The office visit was terrible. The greeter that was entertaining us before the interviewers was just rude and talked about how nasty and political the promotion process was. I also really did not like dealing with HR person, who was not very responsive. In addition, it took them several weeks to decide to move me on the process and then several more to decide to give me an offer, but yet they decided I had only 1 week to decide. The entire process was largely negative for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

The interview process was pleasant and efficient overall. I was given a dedicated recruiter who was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating with my schedule. I first went through a screening call with that individual then a "skills interview" with a consultant that wasn't too difficult, but definitely direct with the skills. After that I was told I'd be flown in for an on-site interview at a close city. That consisted of meeting a manager in the particular group. Overall, a fine experience, but disorganized at chaotic at times with scheduling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

The hiring process was very structured, and other than a few general technical questions, most of the interviewing process consisted of behavioral interviews. First round was a quick phone interview; second round was a 1-on-1 behavioral. Final round interviews were on-site in Reston and consisted of 2 interviews back-to-back. Initially on-site, current employees spoke to the interviewees, and the recruiters presented the benefits packages.

Interview Questions
    • Which part of the software development lifecycle are you most interested in?   View Answer

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!