Accenture

Accenture Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

2.7

MCDP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in July 2014.

Applied online via employee referral in March. 2 months later I received an email for a phone screening (Late May) I then had 2 phone case interviews in early July, followed by a final round interview in late July.

Phone Screening was 30 minutes with a recruiter. Started with telling a little about myself. Then I asked her questions. She was going to ask me questions too, but our conversation went long and we didn't have time.

Despite my resume listing me being in the Washington DC area, they repeatedly thought I was in Texas (state of my alma mater), so my 2 preliminary case interviews were over the phone. You get a confirmation email for the two of them listing the interviewer's name and position. They both were one hour (never more!). The interviewer introduced herself, asked a couple common behavioral questions and then did the case. Following the case you get to ask the interviewer whatever questions you have (time permitting). Accenture policy is to not offer feedback/how you could improve at any point in the interview process.

I got an email the day following my second first round case interview from my recruiter saying I made the final round and that she got good feedback from the interviewers.

Final round interview was at Accenture's office in Arlington. I went in with a cohort of 5 other applicants. First we had a presentation with consultants hired within the past 3 years about the company, benefits and the MCDP.

Then we went in pairs of two, one of us would do the case interview while the other would do the behavioral/fit interview. After 45 minutes, brief water break and switch.

They got back to us the next week with whether or not we got it.

Interview Questions
    • All three cases were business cases (no strictly quantitative). I (naively) did minimal case preparation. I did not find any of the cases difficult, but would have fared better had I more known what is expected in case interviews. The final interview had some simple math.

In order of interview progression, they were:
      1) Pharmaceutical's patent on drug accounting for 25% of their revenue expiring at year's end. How to maximize that drug's profit in last year and cut costs going forward.
      2) Company having trouble hiring, keeping certain employees, develop data driven program to evaluate how to better hire and retain these employees.
      3) USPS is considering cutting delivery down to 4 days. Wants to know if would save money and what changes they'd have to anticipate.

At the end of each case they ask you to concisely present your findings (as if in a real business scenario).

Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

I was contacted by my recruiter one day after applying to discuss the interview process and set up the first interview.

1 - Resume Parse interview on phone ~30 minutes
    Know your resume well, obviously. Learn about the company and specific area you are applying to. "Tell me about yourself". Do you know what this position entails? What type of work would you be doing? Why are you changing fields? Overall, this isn't too bad...just be sure to study your resume, the position, and company and know why you're applying. It doesn't hurt to over-prepare. You have opportunities to ask questions at the end - take advantage of it.

I heard back from my recruiter later that day to set up the next interview.

2 - Situational interview on phone ~ 50 minutes
    IMO this is the toughest part of the interview process. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method (Google it). Again, be sure you know how to respond to "tell me about yourself", "why consulting?", etc. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 7-8 situations that you can apply to different situations. For example, "name a situation when you helped save time or money", "when did you manage a large amount of data", "when did you have to plan out or schedule something?" Focus on teamwork, work conflicts, work distribution, etc. Again, have questions to ask at the end.

The next day, my recruiter set me up for the final interview.

3 - Office visit in person ~ 4 hours
    They will fly you out to the office where you'll be interviewed by 2 managers/execs individually (about 30-45 minutes each depending on how engaging you are). These were very informal and relaxed. They really just want to get to know you. They are required to take a behavioral assessment though, so have your situations prepared.

In addition to interviews, you'll meet current analysts (very informal), and they'll make a presentation to you.

It took a few days to hear back with a verbal offer. Finally got the official offer 4 days after that, and I didn't have much time to make a decision (<24 hrs). Although a bit rushed near the end, overall lovely people and smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to gain the trust of your co-workers/supervisors.   Answer Question
    They don't typically negotiate base salary. I hear they may negotiate signing/relocation bonuses, though.

IT Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

First Step: E-mail interaction with recruiter with submission of a resume. Then approval of a background check.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with the recruiter to check for qualifications and determine what you are looking for (salary, travel, etc.)
    Third Step: Confirmation e-mail for the next process of the interview. An email indicating time and place for a 2 person interview. An interview with a manager and head manager.
    Last Step: Confirmation email to sign contract. Once accepted, all the details for orientation will be received.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was my first job.

Modern Web Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview process was relatively quick, considering the size of the company. The recruiter was very friendly, and followed up almost daily. 1st interview was a standard screening with the recruiter, 2nd interview was a skills review with a technical person, 3rd interview was video conference with managing partner. I received an offer the day after my last interview. Onboarding process took longer than the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to use an MVVM or MVC framework?   View Answer
    Salary counter-offer was rejected, but was able to negotiate signing bonus, no relocation assistance

Cyber Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in July 2013.

Accenture has 5 portions of the interview process. First step was a call from a general HR member. Discussed portions of the resume, why you are thinking of leaving your current position. Second was a behavioral based on the STAR process. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with one individual. Third step was a conversation with a manager in the department discussing what the job would be, how you would fit in.

Interview Questions
    • Basic information to describe how you picked undergrad school, how you choose undergrad school, how you choose grad school, and how you enjoy living in your current area.   Answer Question
    • Tell them about a recent situation you had to work long and very hard. What were the end results.   Answer Question
    • Describe recent event that you disagreed with someone above you. How did you act and was it resolved.   Answer Question

Resource Management Analyst (PMO Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2013.

1st Interview - Basic Phone Screening with a accenture recruiter. recruiter then works with you to match you with a pirticular position.
    2nd interview- 60-90min phone interview with your boss on the project. mostly basic behavorial questions and a few situational questions that are easy. depends on your interviewer.
    3rd interview- In person interview with the project manager. this interview it difficult because it is just a 30min conversation to get to know you. no questions about your resume will be asked. just sit down and have a conversation. be prepared to be able to carry on a conversation well.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavioral Questions throughout the interview process.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in June 2013.

Phone screen first, very short about 10 mins
    Got second behavioral phone interview very soon consist four common questions such as team work, teammate experience, project management skill etc with in depth follow up question, this one took about 40-60 mins
    Then scheduled a on site from 10:30 am-2 pm
    The on site was very relaxed, was given a presentation first about the company and everything followed by two management 1:1 interview. Honestly, this on site interview was really easy compare to the second interview. The two interview manager was very nice and the conversation was super relaxed! Basically we talked about fun stuff through out the whole time with only 1 or 2 simple questions I have answered during second interview.
    Overall experience was good, but since I applied on line so it took a while I guess if you apply through campus recruiting will be much faster.
    New facility! Looks great!

Interview Questions
    • All difficult questions were during second interview because they asked in much detailed   Answer Question
    Took the offer right away

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

First Round - Straight forward phone interview. Asked to discuss my resume.
    Second Round - Behavioral interview with a manager via phone. Very long, but easy.
    Third Round - Site Visit. Easy. Very informal and unorganized.

Interview Questions

I received an offer the same day that I interviewed. Accenture very much wanted me to start less than 2 weeks from my offer date - they even offered me a substantial bonus to do so. I found this to be very unprofessional because I couldn't give my current company two weeks notice. I also felt very pressured by this. After agreeing on a later start date, I asked for some additional time to make a decision because I had another, competitive offer. The response from Accenture was no. Their lack of flexibility and understanding in how big of a decision this was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I felt very pressured to say yes, and I also wonder - why is Accenture ALWAYS hiring? Lots of turnover which makes me think it's not the most enjoyable job. I said no and I am very glad that I did.

Entry Level Tech Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

The first round was a simple screening interview. Just basically me walking through my resume. 2nd interview was long one hour to be exact. Its a situational interview where i was asked about 4 "tell me about a time when" questions. It wasn't that hard to me but just be sure to be able to elaborate on any experience that you've had thats job related. They will ask many sub questions about your experience like "why did you do that?", "how did you feel?", "were you successful? ", etc. 3Rd interview is the last and final which is an in person interview. They have you sit in a 2 hour presentation about accenture.then you have two back to back 45minute interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Have i ever had to do a project independent study or by myself?   View Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

I applied online for an entry level Management consulting position. I have an MBA and three years of finance experience. An HR rep contacted me approximately 3 weeks later asking if I would be interested in a position in Systems Integration despite the fact that I have no technology background. I responded, "Yes of course, I can learn anything I put my mind to." True statement.

1st Interview:
    A week later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening; you go over your resume, etc. They are just trying to make sure you are who you say you are.

2nd Interview:
    About 5 days later I had a 30-45 min phone interview with Senior Exec. I found that this was very scripted and really easy if you prepare. RESEARCH the person that is interviewing you! Make a personal connection, build rapport, find commonalities... they will like you and remember you. From my experience, this will be your (only) time to sell yourself and brag about your accomplishments. Review the questions on Glassdoor that are already listed. Each question I was given was on this site.

3rd Interview:
    Finally, 4 months after my initial HR screening, Accenture flew me to DC and put me in a hotel. The final round started at 8:30am and there were about 15 other candidates in my group. We stared with a 1 hr. presentation with consultants (very laid back), followed by two 1hr back-to-back interviews with manager/sr. exec. To be honest, the last two interviews completely caught me off-guard; these interviews are simply a conversation, I was hardly asked anything. The first guy didn’t know my background or anything about me. Compared to previous interviews, I was not impressed in the slightest. I left feeling disappointed that I wasn't "drilled" as hard as I would have liked; difficult questions give you your time to shine!
    So again, do your RESEARCH. Come prepared with many (intelligent) questions to ask, know what the senior exec's do on a daily basis, even look into which specific projects they are currently working on, they will be impressed! Just simply be able to hold a meaningful conversation. LISTEN to them and be able to provide thoughtful, clever, and quick feedback. Shoot, stroke their egos… all you have to do is get them to like you! They are only testing your interpersonal and communication skills.

Review:
    After the final interview I flew home the same day (Thursday), emailed my recruiter to thank her, and asked when I would hear back. I was told either Friday or Monday. So I waited, waited, sent another email on Wednesday (I had another offer pending) and then finally was contacted on Thursday with the news that Accenture would not be able to hire me due to my LACK of TECHNICAL experience. Irritating? Very much so. The fact that I took time from my current job and studies to curtail to this unorganized interview process and fly to DC for such a response, or lack there of. Thankfully I had already accepted the other position before I received Accenture’s call.

So kids, there is my story, good luck! Accenture is a very good company to work for, just not for me or for my career path. Remember: research, study, and listen. If Accenture has come to you, your career/school accomplishments have already spoken for themselves; the goal now is to get them to like you!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time....

All teamwork and leadership based questions.

Answer Question