Accenture

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.7

465 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

College recruitment and placement.
Interview lasted for some 20-30 mins. Questions were mainly resume oriented. Few algo and logic testing questions. Few standard HR questions on leadership and teamwork.
Pretty chilled out.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The Interview process had three steps:

Phone Screen with Recruiter:
     They will talk with you for about 30 minutes or so to review your background, in more detail, and give you more information about Accenture and the recruiting process.

Phone Skill Portion with an Associate Manager:
     The skills interview will be a technical interview. You’ll be asked about project work you’ve done in the past (school or independent), concepts of object oriented programming/Java, etc., so it will be a mix of your experiences and your knowledge. The questions are in an open ended format.

Video Closing Interview with a Senior Manager at Accenture:
     The closing interview will be a general HR-related interview. The interviewer will want to the overall fit for Accenture and the culture. Some questions will be a lot more behavioral based. (i.e.; “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” “Why is this position a fit for your personal career goals?” “Tell me about a time you were working in a group project and someone wasn’t pulling their weight… What did you do?”)

You will also need do a Background Check. Your recruiter with be with the whole way if you have any questions. If you receive an offer your recruiter will call you and let you know and also you will receive the offer letter through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation and it was made very clear at the beginning of the process.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

Hiring was through college placement program. First round was quite easy, almost everyone was able to crack that. The interviews were also good. I was asked to talk about my final year project and my contributions in that. In the HR round, I was asked to describe few scenarios where i had assumed leadership and came up with an innovative idea.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most innovative suggestion you gave as a teammate that was considered and implemented?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

A written test(organized by AMCAT- which includes aptitude, Quantitative and Verbal sections) followed by a brief technical interview(1 to 1, asked questions related to a few subjects at the undergraduate level) followed by a HR interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I was first email by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen interview. I had the phone screen within a couple days of that email. Next the recruiter emailed me to set up a time for a technical interview. After passing the technical interview, I was immediately emailed about setting up a final interview. I heard back within 2 days and got an offer.

1. Phone Screen with recruiter
    2. Technical Interview with manager
    3. Personality Interview with manager

The recruiter was really good about getting back fast. I think the whole process took 3 weeks and would have been faster if the final interviewer was available during the holiday week. Everyone was really easy to talk to. The second interview felt rushed and I didn't have much time to ask questions because I think he has another interview right after me. All three interviews went over 45 minutes, but mostly because I had a lot of questions and there was other conversation. Overall positive experience and seems like a great company, but just not quite what I was looking for.

I had another offer with better benefits and closer to home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   View Answer
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

After applyin online i got an email to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. It was a very casual call mainly to review your resume. After the call there is an aptitude test which isn't too difficult as long as you use common sense and have a baaic understanding of how coding works. If you pass the aptitude test you'll receive a call to set up the face-to-face interview. The interview will consist of 2 interviews, a skill and an HR interview. Just be calm and be able to speak in a conversational manner. It's an entry level position so they're looking for people they can train. It's more important to be able to strike a conversation and not have long silences than to be well versed in coding. Coding can be taught but it's hard to change behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time where you had to deal with criticism and how did you respond?   Answer Question

4 rounds
    1st round: Aptitude written test (around 50 questions ranging from maths, English, logical reasoning)
    2nd round: Group discussion (each group of 15 people)
    3rd round: Technical (What is your coursework? What is your favorite subject? Tell me about the layers in computer networks? Why are you interested in it? Tell me about the various OOPS concepts. Tell me difference between C & C++. All basic Qs. Why should we hire you? What are your strengths?)
    4th round: HR (What makes you different from others? Tell me about yourself? Why should we hire you? Why do you want to join? etc.)

No negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

It was a very easy process- A aptitude round followed by a HR round and a technical round it was a one day process. Very friendly people from the HR to the managers who took the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I applied through their website for the training program that they offer. Two months later i received an email telling me update my talent profile. After having updated my profile, I received a call from a recruiter telling me to about the position. She was extremely nice from the start. After having her explained she emailed me an aptitude test which I passed. The Aptitude test was about 50 questions and you had 1 hour to complete. I had some programming experience a few years ago. I don't come from a programming background but understood enough with the help of a friend to pass the test. I was not able to finish the exam but I still received an email for an in-person interview. For the aptitude test, you are only supposed to get over 40% correct. (I got much higher than that)

After the aptitude test I got scheduled to come in for the personal interview. I arrived early and got to meet with other candidates. We started talking and noticed that most of them didn't come from a programming background, so that made me feel better. Once they all gathered us to go into a meeting room, a senior member came and gave us a 50 minute information session. We had the chance to ask questions. They were very organized in the process. After almost 50 minutes, they started calling us for the interviews. Some had the technical interview first and others had the HR interview first. I did my technical interview first. It was fairly simple. The interviewer asked me about what was on my resume and some basic questions about programming. For example, one was what is a class? and another question was to explain what was Object Oriented Programming(OOP.) i told him I was learning the basics and certainly wanted to learn more. I gave him some elements of OOP such as Polymorphism and described what an object was.

After the Technical Interview, i had a 30 minute break and then was scheduled to take my HR interview. I took advantage of the time to prepare some questions and just study. I got called up for the HR interview and the lady who interviewed was extremely nice. I felt like we connected at that instance( I know it sounds corny). She took me to an office and started the interview. It was supposed to last about 30 minutes but we actually spent almost an hour talking. I told her i was very excited to be part of Accenture(Which i am) and just spoke with her about previous experiences on projects. It was simple just have some questions ready for the end. You have to sound professional and always ask questions. They want to you have the ability to communicate and question when in doubt.

After I finished both interviews, I sent them a thank you letter a day later and waited. I got a call from my recruiter two days letter and received an offer. This is by far the best interview process I have been to. They all acted very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      What is a class?
      What is Object Oriented Programming(OOP)?
      What is the most difficult situation you have faced in a project and what did you do to solve it?
      What are the most important things you consider when doing a project?

Answer Question