Accenture Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.6

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Accenture.

Three part interview.
First: HR interview with the recruiter. Just tells you more about the job and asks you more about your background.

Second: technical interview with questions about OOP, inheritance, etc. also a few HR questions about experience, why Accenture, strength, weakness.

Third: final HR interview. Video interview with hiring manager. More HR questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Two interviews - phone and webcam. The phone interview was really uplifting as my interviewer was really passionate and positive. The web camera interview was very informative but it felt more structured. The web cam interview didn't include a programming test but some questions regarding OOD were asked.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Mine was a College Hiring and the questions mostly consisted of aptitude questions and general IQ test. They majorly test your logic rather than getting too technical.
    There were three rounds viz. Written, Technical and HR round and the technical was the most long running. For Written it was mostly aptitude test and Logical reasoning.

Interview Questions
    • How will you implement indian railway reservation system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in March 2015.

One phone interview, follow by 40 question test I had to pass. Then went to Arlington Office for two more interviews. One was HR and the other was technical. The process was smooth. The HR interview was tough. He tried to go in-depth in the ONE question I didn't have a good answer for. Had to answer a brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you had to handle difficult people and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

A test. Then a technical interview , followed by a HR interview. In first Interview, I was asked the preferred language and the reason for it. And then was asked to make algorithm for number of repeated numbers in an array. HR interview was fairly simple, asked me if I am willing to relocate, and work long hours, and will be able to sign a bond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2015.

the interview process consisted of three steps for me: phone screen, technical skill, and HR Video chat interview.

My recruiter extremely polite, fast in responding, and was in touch through the entire process. My recruiter was always willing to help me whenever i encountered log-in issues to sign my offer packet.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Interview: done over the phone i was asked basic java OOP Q's such as what is OOP? what is Inheritance? Give me example of Inheritance? Advantages of using OOP? what projects you have worked on? describe you role? any issues you encountered in the project? -- lasted 30-40 mins.

HR video chat interview: 1:1 interview quick 25 mins only basic behavioral Q's such as; why accenture? introduce yourself? tell me a time when you worked on a project that involved in a decision that you had to consult with someone else be executing it? and in between the interview he asked my a few TECHNICAL Q'S, to test my knowledge.

Heard back with a few hours from my recruiter for a verbal offer that i was able sign my Offer Packet after a couple days.

Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

It was brief and to the point. Asked mostly about databases. Polishing some Java knowledge would also help. You generally would not have a choice to select the team but it would largely depend on the requirements

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

There was Online Test followed by 1 Technical and 1 Behavioral Interview.
    We had to take the online test on aptitude + technical questions.
    Selected Candidates then were messaged for scheduled interview the next day.

Candidates were selected out of technical interview and taken forward for behavioral/ Personal Interview.

Final candidates were hired from the Behavioral interview and within minutes the offer letter was provided.

Interview Questions
    • Technical:I was asked about academic projects and questions on Software Engineering.

Behavioral: I was asked if I would like to be in a position to inherit wealth from ancestor or earn it.
      Also, I would be ready to travel/relocate anywhere.

Answer Question
    Stay Confident and prepare basic technical questions on algorithms and data structure and key points in SDLC

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The Interview process had three steps:

Phone Screen with Recruiter:
     They will talk with you for about 30 minutes or so to review your background, in more detail, and give you more information about Accenture and the recruiting process.

Phone Skill Portion with an Associate Manager:
     The skills interview will be a technical interview. You’ll be asked about project work you’ve done in the past (school or independent), concepts of object oriented programming/Java, etc., so it will be a mix of your experiences and your knowledge. The questions are in an open ended format.

Video Closing Interview with a Senior Manager at Accenture:
     The closing interview will be a general HR-related interview. The interviewer will want to the overall fit for Accenture and the culture. Some questions will be a lot more behavioral based. (i.e.; “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” “Why is this position a fit for your personal career goals?” “Tell me about a time you were working in a group project and someone wasn’t pulling their weight… What did you do?”)

You will also need do a Background Check. Your recruiter with be with the whole way if you have any questions. If you receive an offer your recruiter will call you and let you know and also you will receive the offer letter through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation and it was made very clear at the beginning of the process.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

College recruitment and placement.
    Interview lasted for some 20-30 mins. Questions were mainly resume oriented. Few algo and logic testing questions. Few standard HR questions on leadership and teamwork.
    Pretty chilled out.