Accenture

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

427 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

There were 3 rounds: phone screening, phone skill, and video closing.

I applied online and after few days later I received an email from a recruiter to schedule the phone screening interview. The lady first explained a brief information about the job description and asked me about the compensation and some HR questions. Then she asked me more details on what's on my resume, including my education, skills, and school/individual projects. The total time took for this interview was 40 minutes.

After a week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule for the phone skill interview with one of the Software Engineering Managers. She gave me some example skill interview questions, and it helped me a lot to be ready. The Software Engineering Manager called me on the scheduled time and introduced himself first and asked me more details about my school/individual projects. Then he asked me some questions about OOP concepts, such as procedure vs object oriented, class, object, inheritance, interface, etc. The total time took for this interview was an hour.

In about a week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule for the closing interview with one of the Senior Managers. She also told me that I need to complete the background check through HireRight. I completed the background check process and waited for their response. I received an email from HireRight and told me that my background check successfully completed. The interview with the Senior Manager was a video chat using HireVue. He introduced himself first and asked me to introduce myself. He explained me more details about the job description, environment and culture. Then he asked me why I want to work at Accenture, what my career goal is, if I am flexible with traveling, any experience in failure, etc. I prepared some questions to ask, so I asked those at the end of the interview. The total time took for this interview was 40 minutes.

Few minutes later, the recruiter called me and gave me a verbal job offer. She told me that I will be receiving a written offer letter few days later.

As she told me, I received the written offer letter and accepted.

During this interview process, the recruiter was following up on my emails and interview very fast and was very professional. It was very comfortable to have conversation with her.

The Senior Engineering Manager and the Senior Manager were also professional. I enjoyed the conversation with them and after each interview I couldn't believe that the time passed that much already.

It was a great interview experience, and I got more interests on working with them!

Interview Questions
  • Think about an analog watch. The watch says it's 6:30 now. What is the angle between its hour hand and minute hand? How did you find that answer?

There are Shape, Square and Rectangle classes. Which OO concept would you use and why?
      Answer Question
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

After applyin online i got an email to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. It was a very casual call mainly to review your resume. After the call there is an aptitude test which isn't too difficult as long as you use common sense and have a baaic understanding of how coding works. If you pass the aptitude test you'll receive a call to set up the face-to-face interview. The interview will consist of 2 interviews, a skill and an HR interview. Just be calm and be able to speak in a conversational manner. It's an entry level position so they're looking for people they can train. It's more important to be able to strike a conversation and not have long silences than to be well versed in coding. Coding can be taught but it's hard to change behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time where you had to deal with criticism and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

4 rounds
    1st round: Aptitude written test (around 50 questions ranging from maths, English, logical reasoning)
    2nd round: Group discussion (each group of 15 people)
    3rd round: Technical (What is your coursework? What is your favorite subject? Tell me about the layers in computer networks? Why are you interested in it? Tell me about the various OOPS concepts. Tell me difference between C & C++. All basic Qs. Why should we hire you? What are your strengths?)
    4th round: HR (What makes you different from others? Tell me about yourself? Why should we hire you? Why do you want to join? etc.)

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   Answer Question
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

It was a very easy process- A aptitude round followed by a HR round and a technical round it was a one day process. Very friendly people from the HR to the managers who took the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I applied through their website for the training program that they offer. Two months later i received an email telling me update my talent profile. After having updated my profile, I received a call from a recruiter telling me to about the position. She was extremely nice from the start. After having her explained she emailed me an aptitude test which I passed. The Aptitude test was about 50 questions and you had 1 hour to complete. I had some programming experience a few years ago. I don't come from a programming background but understood enough with the help of a friend to pass the test. I was not able to finish the exam but I still received an email for an in-person interview. For the aptitude test, you are only supposed to get over 40% correct. (I got much higher than that)

After the aptitude test I got scheduled to come in for the personal interview. I arrived early and got to meet with other candidates. We started talking and noticed that most of them didn't come from a programming background, so that made me feel better. Once they all gathered us to go into a meeting room, a senior member came and gave us a 50 minute information session. We had the chance to ask questions. They were very organized in the process. After almost 50 minutes, they started calling us for the interviews. Some had the technical interview first and others had the HR interview first. I did my technical interview first. It was fairly simple. The interviewer asked me about what was on my resume and some basic questions about programming. For example, one was what is a class? and another question was to explain what was Object Oriented Programming(OOP.) i told him I was learning the basics and certainly wanted to learn more. I gave him some elements of OOP such as Polymorphism and described what an object was.

After the Technical Interview, i had a 30 minute break and then was scheduled to take my HR interview. I took advantage of the time to prepare some questions and just study. I got called up for the HR interview and the lady who interviewed was extremely nice. I felt like we connected at that instance( I know it sounds corny). She took me to an office and started the interview. It was supposed to last about 30 minutes but we actually spent almost an hour talking. I told her i was very excited to be part of Accenture(Which i am) and just spoke with her about previous experiences on projects. It was simple just have some questions ready for the end. You have to sound professional and always ask questions. They want to you have the ability to communicate and question when in doubt.

After I finished both interviews, I sent them a thank you letter a day later and waited. I got a call from my recruiter two days letter and received an offer. This is by far the best interview process I have been to. They all acted very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      What is a class?
      What is Object Oriented Programming(OOP)?
      What is the most difficult situation you have faced in a project and what did you do to solve it?
      What are the most important things you consider when doing a project?

Software Engineering Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

I was referred by a friend. A recruiter called me a couple days later and told me that I would get an email and be required to take a logic/programming aptitude test. You only have to get a score of 40% or higher. I would recommend asking a friend for help. You have 1 hour to complete about 40-50 questions. I didn't come from a Computer Science or Computer Engineering background, but with the help of some friends I scored above 40%.

Afterwards, the recruiter called and set me up with an interview at the Accenture location. I had two interviews, the first being a technical interview and the second, an HR closing interview. Both interviews were on the same day and each interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a very simple process. You have to show them that you're interested about the company. If you're a recent grad, I would relate past experiences about some of the projects you worked on during college.

For the technical interview the main objective was stating that you know/had object oriented Programming experience. you could even say that you were learning the basics. I would go online and search Java OOP. I think there are six elements. Just know the basics. I did most of the talking during my interviews. I explained to my interviewer that I was familiar with the concept of OOP and I listed some definitions, such as, Inheritance, polymorphism, etc. One question I was asked was name three strengths, and 1 weakness.

The HR closing interview was similar to the technical interview, in that, I was asked behavioral questions. I was asked to describe a situation where things had not gone as planned and what i did about it. The main thing they're looking for is how you handled the situation, and what YOU specifically did about it. Both interviews were very simple and I connected well with my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were simple behavioral questions. They might ask you to describe the most difficult problem you faced and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Another company offered me higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Applied for the job on their website and was emailed a week later to set up an over the phone interview. My recruiter asked basic questions pertaining to previous projects I did in school and what languages I had covered in school as well. After that I was given an online assessment which was fairly simple for the most part. After the test my recruiter said she would email me if I passed and set up a face to face interview. However, I had to email her to and ask how I did. She replied by saying I passed and that she was scheduling the face to face interviews. I am still to this day waiting on that email. I even emailed her to check on whether or not the emails had been scheduled and I had gotten no reply.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2014.

The process took about a month from the time of applying. I was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview to go over the job and company. Afterwards I was sent a link to take an online aptitude test that focused on arithmetic, code, pseudo code, and patterns. The test wasn't that difficult. Keep in mind it is designed so that the test taker will not finish so take your time and answer the questions as accurate as possible. About two days later, I was notified that I passed the test and asked to set up a time to take an over-the-phone skills interview with a current Accenture employee. That interview took place a few days later and basically just went over my past job experience and delved a little into my technical knowledge. Some of the questions were also behavioral based: "Why did I decided to apply to Accenture?", "where do I see myself in 5 years", my career goals, etc. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter notifying me that they would like to move forward with the final, face-to-face interview. This interview was probably the easiest. It basically was a presentation of an overview of the company and job with a senior member of the company. The interview was casual and conversational and the interviewer was very personable. His main concern was ensuring that I had a solid understanding of the role and company and what it offers. We also briefly discussed my background and desires. I received a verbal offer about three days later from the recruiter and the official offer letter a few days afterwards. Overall I was pleased with the experience. The recruiter kept me informed with where I was in the interviewing process at all times, was quick to respond to any of my inquiries, and even had another recruiter reach out to me when she was unavailable. The recruiter even gave me information to prep for the interviews including topics and concepts that applicants are normally questioned on.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Actually I was more prepared for the interview than necessary. Most of the topics that I was advised to freshen up on weren't even mentioned in part of the interviews.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation due to this being an entry-level position.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

I applied online. After hearing back I went through a short phone interview with HR. HR interview was nice and easy, probably just checking for soft skills and getting a better understanding of my background. After that I took a programming assessment/test online. The test itself wasn't too difficult. Some questions were simply worded in a confusing way and incredibly specific. It was about 50 or so multiple choice questions. After passing that, it was planned that I go through some technical interviews. After not hearing back for a while, I tried to contact the recruiter working with me to schedule the interview. It took a while to hear back and when I heard back, apparently the position/project for the position was no longer a thing and that was the end of my attempt at Accenture.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't difficult, but there was a question where you were supposed to give instructions to navigate an object on a grid. The instructions were incredibly basic, like turn 90 degrees, move up one, move back 2, etc.
      Because The answers were written in a simplified way, (90RU290RU4... = 90 right turn, move up two, 90 right turn, move up 4) it was quite difficult to find the right answer among the multiple choices.