Accenture

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.6

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

A test. Then a technical interview , followed by a HR interview. In first Interview, I was asked the preferred language and the reason for it. And then was asked to make algorithm for number of repeated numbers in an array. HR interview was fairly simple, asked me if I am willing to relocate, and work long hours, and will be able to sign a bond.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

It was brief and to the point. Asked mostly about databases. Polishing some Java knowledge would also help. You generally would not have a choice to select the team but it would largely depend on the requirements

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

There was Online Test followed by 1 Technical and 1 Behavioral Interview.
    We had to take the online test on aptitude + technical questions.
    Selected Candidates then were messaged for scheduled interview the next day.

Candidates were selected out of technical interview and taken forward for behavioral/ Personal Interview.

Final candidates were hired from the Behavioral interview and within minutes the offer letter was provided.

Interview Questions
    • Technical:I was asked about academic projects and questions on Software Engineering.

Behavioral: I was asked if I would like to be in a position to inherit wealth from ancestor or earn it.
      Also, I would be ready to travel/relocate anywhere.

Answer Question
    Stay Confident and prepare basic technical questions on algorithms and data structure and key points in SDLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2015.

the interview process consisted of three steps for me: phone screen, technical skill, and HR Video chat interview.

My recruiter extremely polite, fast in responding, and was in touch through the entire process. My recruiter was always willing to help me whenever i encountered log-in issues to sign my offer packet.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Interview: done over the phone i was asked basic java OOP Q's such as what is OOP? what is Inheritance? Give me example of Inheritance? Advantages of using OOP? what projects you have worked on? describe you role? any issues you encountered in the project? -- lasted 30-40 mins.

HR video chat interview: 1:1 interview quick 25 mins only basic behavioral Q's such as; why accenture? introduce yourself? tell me a time when you worked on a project that involved in a decision that you had to consult with someone else be executing it? and in between the interview he asked my a few TECHNICAL Q'S, to test my knowledge.

Heard back with a few hours from my recruiter for a verbal offer that i was able sign my Offer Packet after a couple days.

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The Interview process had three steps:

Phone Screen with Recruiter:
     They will talk with you for about 30 minutes or so to review your background, in more detail, and give you more information about Accenture and the recruiting process.

Phone Skill Portion with an Associate Manager:
     The skills interview will be a technical interview. You’ll be asked about project work you’ve done in the past (school or independent), concepts of object oriented programming/Java, etc., so it will be a mix of your experiences and your knowledge. The questions are in an open ended format.

Video Closing Interview with a Senior Manager at Accenture:
     The closing interview will be a general HR-related interview. The interviewer will want to the overall fit for Accenture and the culture. Some questions will be a lot more behavioral based. (i.e.; “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” “Why is this position a fit for your personal career goals?” “Tell me about a time you were working in a group project and someone wasn’t pulling their weight… What did you do?”)

You will also need do a Background Check. Your recruiter with be with the whole way if you have any questions. If you receive an offer your recruiter will call you and let you know and also you will receive the offer letter through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation and it was made very clear at the beginning of the process.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

College recruitment and placement.
    Interview lasted for some 20-30 mins. Questions were mainly resume oriented. Few algo and logic testing questions. Few standard HR questions on leadership and teamwork.
    Pretty chilled out.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Hiring was through college placement program. First round was quite easy, almost everyone was able to crack that. The interviews were also good. I was asked to talk about my final year project and my contributions in that. In the HR round, I was asked to describe few scenarios where i had assumed leadership and came up with an innovative idea.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most innovative suggestion you gave as a teammate that was considered and implemented?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

A written test(organized by AMCAT- which includes aptitude, Quantitative and Verbal sections) followed by a brief technical interview(1 to 1, asked questions related to a few subjects at the undergraduate level) followed by a HR interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

I applied online, and got a response within 3 business days. The interview process consisted of three rounds -- introduction/HR interview with a recruiter, technical interview with a senior (I presume) software engineer, and finally an HR interview with a senior manager in that order. The first two were phone interviews, and the latter being a video interview.

First Round

Very easy. For me, it was just the interviewer gauging your interest in Accenture, and telling you a bit more about the position and the company. The interviewer asked me who I was, a weakness of mine, and other typical HR questions you normally would prepare for. No curveballs. Within a week, I found out I made it to the next round.

Second Round

This being the technical round, expect a lot of programming questions. The questions asked were all about object-oriented programming. You will be asked to describe it, name and describe the advantages of it, and exceptions. Refer back to your OOP class, and you'll be fine. However, do note that your technical interview will be asking you questions based on what's on your resume. Therefore, do not expect yourself to have the same experience as me. I stated from the very beginning that I was a Java person, and was asked Java questions. Within a day, I was informed that I made it to the final round.

Final Round

For this video interview, you will be using a program called HireVue. The questions asked are mainly "character" questions. I was asked to introduce myself, my strength, what motivates me, and some STAR questions. You will be asked if you're willing to travel, and that question will decide your fate. Being a consultant, you need to realize that you'll be traveling a lot. Don't want to travel? No offer.

After the final interview, I got an offer the very same day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just prepare for the technical round and make sure you actually know the stuff you put on your resume. The HR questions, you can likely wing and ace them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, and is made clear from the very beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   View Answer
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.