Accenture Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First round (Thursday, on-campus): It was a 30-minute, one-on-one screening with one of their employees (I got a managing director). It was a resume review/typical screening. Make sure you can present a 90-second elevator speech about yourself and a 90-second speech on what you know about the company. I received a call that night to invite me to a second round interview on Friday.

Second round (Friday, on-campus): It was a 1-hour, one-on-one behavioral interview with one of their employees (I got a senior consultant). It was a behavioral interview where you have to guide them through about 3 different stories in your life, such as "Describe a time where you had difficulty mending a working relationship," or "What is your biggest accomplishment so far." They are looking for a thoughtful, 15-minute explanation that guides them from start to finish through your thought processes and actions during the story. There is no case study. I received a call the following Monday that I was invited to the third round in Atlanta.

[For the first and second rounds, some people had phone interviews if their schedules prevented them from interviewing on campus.]

Third round (2 weeks later, in Atlanta): There were two separate 45-minute, one-on-one interviews with managers. One often plays good cop, and the other plays bad cop. Also, you'll be presented an hour-ish long presentation to sell you on the company and its benefits. If you do well, you'll get an offer within the next week and a half. I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Q. (Throughout the second round) What were you thinking when you made this decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall it was good experience First interview was taken by recruiter after that it was technical interview and last one was video interview taken by HR.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position.Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field.
    Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process.

Interview Questions

• Q Difference between Black box and White box?
      Q Difference between Regression and Retest?

Answer Question

Consultant - PeopleSoft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. I applied online and the recruiter contacted me for a 30mins screening for qualifications. Then I moved to 2nd round phone interview (behavioral/situation) questions which lasted for 45mins. Once passed that, I was scheduled for a skills interview which is 1hr. Finally, after clearing 3 rounds, I had a final 30 mins, video interview with the managing director. After clearing all 4 rounds, the recruiter contacted me and extended an offer.

Security Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Quick, targeted and articulate teams throughout the entire process. From the recruiter to the VP, each person was well prepared, timely and structured. Accenture had nailed the process and seem to support their staff very well even remotely. They foster growth and career guidance even at the upper levels of management, which makes sense. Why stop growing even if you excelled, achievements are what keep the company recognized and well reputed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process consisted of three steps for me: phone screen, technical skill, and HR Video chat interview.

My recruiter extremely polite, fast in responding, and was in touch through the entire process. My recruiter was always willing to help me whenever i encountered log-in issues to sign my offer packet.

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview: done over the phone i was asked basic java OOP Q's such as what is OOP? what is Inheritance? Give me example of Inheritance? Advantages of using OOP? what projects you have worked on? describe you role? any issues you encountered in the project? -- lasted 30-40 mins.

HR video chat interview: 1:1 interview quick 25 mins only basic behavioral Q's such as; why accenture? introduce yourself? tell me a time when you worked on a project that involved in a decision that you had to consult with someone else be executing it? and in between the interview he asked my a few TECHNICAL Q'S, to test my knowledge.

Heard back with a few hours from my recruiter for a verbal offer that i was able sign my Offer Packet after a couple days.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied for the job on their website and was emailed a week later to set up an over the phone interview. My recruiter asked basic questions pertaining to previous projects I did in school and what languages I had covered in school as well. After that I was given an online assessment which was fairly simple for the most part. After the test my recruiter said she would email me if I passed and set up a face to face interview. However, I had to email her to and ask how I did. She replied by saying I passed and that she was scheduling the face to face interviews. I am still to this day waiting on that email. I even emailed her to check on whether or not the emails had been scheduled and I had gotten no reply.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process took about a month from the time of applying. I was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview to go over the job and company. Afterwards I was sent a link to take an online aptitude test that focused on arithmetic, code, pseudo code, and patterns. The test wasn't that difficult. Keep in mind it is designed so that the test taker will not finish so take your time and answer the questions as accurate as possible. About two days later, I was notified that I passed the test and asked to set up a time to take an over-the-phone skills interview with a current Accenture employee. That interview took place a few days later and basically just went over my past job experience and delved a little into my technical knowledge. Some of the questions were also behavioral based: "Why did I decided to apply to Accenture?", "where do I see myself in 5 years", my career goals, etc. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter notifying me that they would like to move forward with the final, face-to-face interview. This interview was probably the easiest. It basically was a presentation of an overview of the company and job with a senior member of the company. The interview was casual and conversational and the interviewer was very personable. His main concern was ensuring that I had a solid understanding of the role and company and what it offers. We also briefly discussed my background and desires. I received a verbal offer about three days later from the recruiter and the official offer letter a few days afterwards. Overall I was pleased with the experience. The recruiter kept me informed with where I was in the interviewing process at all times, was quick to respond to any of my inquiries, and even had another recruiter reach out to me when she was unavailable. The recruiter even gave me information to prep for the interviews including topics and concepts that applicants are normally questioned on.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Actually I was more prepared for the interview than necessary. Most of the topics that I was advised to freshen up on weren't even mentioned in part of the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation due to this being an entry-level position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First off, i applied for the job and then an internal contact got a hold of the recruiter. Had an initial screening with the recruiter, Round 2 was an interview with a Manager in my practice, Round 3 was the competency based interview and Round 4 was a final meeting with the Senior Executive, which at the time was more informal. I hear now that last meeting is more formalized and SEs are making decisions based off of the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did increase my salary because I did have another offer but it was a small bump (less than 5K) to match it.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very math intensive first round interview.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Three-rounds of interviews. First was on campus, super simple. My second interview was also on campus with a different manager. Also simple, straight forward behavioral interview questions. Third round was at local office (Atlanta) and it lasted half a day. We viewed presentations by other analysts and could ask questions. Discussed benefits, salaries, and general company info and opportunities. There were two interviews this day with managers and senior managers. Again, very simple questions. No coding, no case studies, no technical questions... It was just very easy! Know your resume, be able to communicate your desires/expectations from the company, elaborate (STAR method) on experiences, and be natural! Be professional, but let your personality show too. Accenture culture seems pretty laid-back compared to other consulting firms I've interacted with. Not Google or Facebook laid-back, but as relaxed as a consulting firm can be. Still have to wear a suit to the interview though =) Good luck!

Interview Questions

• None. Just Google typical behavioral interview questions. No coding, no case studies, nothing technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated start date (got first choice, pushed date back by five months b/c I needed a break after graduation. They wanted me to start the following week! Umm, no!). Also negotiated location (first choice. Offer initially in Atlanta, moved to Houston, where there are a LOT more projects). Did not attempt salary negotiation, but I wish I had.