Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Software Engineer Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2014.

Interview Details – The process took about a month from the time of applying. I was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview to go over the job and company. Afterwards I was sent a link to take an online aptitude test that focused on arithmetic, code, pseudo code, and patterns. The test wasn't that difficult. Keep in mind it is designed so that the test taker will not finish so take your time and answer the questions as accurate as possible. About two days later, I was notified that I passed the test and asked to set up a time to take an over-the-phone skills interview with a current Accenture employee. That interview took place a few days later and basically just went over my past job experience and delved a little into my technical knowledge. Some of the questions were also behavioral based: "Why did I decided to apply to Accenture?", "where do I see myself in 5 years", my career goals, etc. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter notifying me that they would like to move forward with the final, face-to-face interview. This interview was probably the easiest. It basically was a presentation of an overview of the company and job with a senior member of the company. The interview was casual and conversational and the interviewer was very personable. His main concern was ensuring that I had a solid understanding of the role and company and what it offers. We also briefly discussed my background and desires. I received a verbal offer about three days later from the recruiter and the official offer letter a few days afterwards. Overall I was pleased with the experience. The recruiter kept me informed with where I was in the interviewing process at all times, was quick to respond to any of my inquiries, and even had another recruiter reach out to me when she was unavailable. The recruiter even gave me information to prep for the interviews including topics and concepts that applicants are normally questioned on.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. Actually I was more prepared for the interview than necessary. Most of the topics that I was advised to freshen up on weren't even mentioned in part of the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation due to this being an entry-level position.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interview Details – Three-rounds of interviews. First was on campus, super simple. My second interview was also on campus with a different manager. Also simple, straight forward behavioral interview questions. Third round was at local office (Atlanta) and it lasted half a day. We viewed presentations by other analysts and could ask questions. Discussed benefits, salaries, and general company info and opportunities. There were two interviews this day with managers and senior managers. Again, very simple questions. No coding, no case studies, no technical questions... It was just very easy! Know your resume, be able to communicate your desires/expectations from the company, elaborate (STAR method) on experiences, and be natural! Be professional, but let your personality show too. Accenture culture seems pretty laid-back compared to other consulting firms I've interacted with. Not Google or Facebook laid-back, but as relaxed as a consulting firm can be. Still have to wear a suit to the interview though =) Good luck!

Interview Question – None. Just Google typical behavioral interview questions. No coding, no case studies, nothing technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated start date (got first choice, pushed date back by five months b/c I needed a break after graduation. They wanted me to start the following week! Umm, no!). Also negotiated location (first choice. Offer initially in Atlanta, moved to Houston, where there are a LOT more projects). Did not attempt salary negotiation, but I wish I had.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied for the job on their website and was emailed a week later to set up an over the phone interview. My recruiter asked basic questions pertaining to previous projects I did in school and what languages I had covered in school as well. After that I was given an online assessment which was fairly simple for the most part. After the test my recruiter said she would email me if I passed and set up a face to face interview. However, I had to email her to and ask how I did. She replied by saying I passed and that she was scheduling the face to face interviews. I am still to this day waiting on that email. I even emailed her to check on whether or not the emails had been scheduled and I had gotten no reply.

Interview Question – none too difficult   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was behavioral and lasted approximately 1.5 hours.

The second interview was a technical interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

The final interview was face to face and it lasted approximately one hour. It was pleasant.

Interview Question – What were my expectations of a new employer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – First off, i applied for the job and then an internal contact got a hold of the recruiter. Had an initial screening with the recruiter, Round 2 was an interview with a Manager in my practice, Round 3 was the competency based interview and Round 4 was a final meeting with the Senior Executive, which at the time was more informal. I hear now that last meeting is more formalized and SEs are making decisions based off of the interview

Interview Question – Wasn't really any surprises that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did increase my salary because I did have another offer but it was a small bump (less than 5K) to match it.

Management Consultant Interview

Management Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very math intensive first round interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared for tough cases and lots of math.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initial "sales pitch" interview from HR recruiter. They seemed very interested but my recruiter went on vacation for 2 months so I wasn't contacted until after she came back. Suddenly I was back on the schedule and they wanted me to come in. At the office I met with the recruiter to cover some basics and discuss my interests. The most important part of this was knowing something about the company so read the web site to cover yourself. Next I did lunch at a nice restaurant with two people to check if I was sane or not (called the "fit" test). Finally, I met with a Senior Executive who told me I was overqualified for the Help Desk position I was apparently interviewing for (which no one had mentioned up to that point). He told me I would be referred elsewhere which I assumed was a nice way of saying I didn't get the job.

Unexpectedly, he was being honest and I was called back in for another round of interviews for a project with two open roles. Both interviews were much less formal and it was basically a chance for them to decide which one wanted me more. I took the more technical position and started about a month later. The hiring process after that was what you'd expect - lots of faxing documents, etc. They scheduled me for an orientation session at the main office with a group of about 20 other new hires.

Interview Question – "Provide an example of when you had a conflict with your boss and describe how you resolved it"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate - they offered a number far higher than I was getting elsewhere so I accepted it.

Entry Level Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Entry Level Technology Consulting Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first contact was an initial screening by a representative that called and had me explain to them my resume. This was followed by a phone call to arrange a telephonic situation interview that lasted roughly an hour covering questions that tried to extract my experience. Not too difficult but took some getting used to explaining things the way the interviewer wanted to hear them especially omitting "we" and speaking in terms of "I". So "I" had to craft answers only in terms of "I" and the scope of the "I" responsibilities in each project. It is very critical to remember the details about each situation you are asked about.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a large amount of data?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – Recruited out of college. Three rounds of interviews with the third round in-office.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to make a difficult decision as a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation phase.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – I first came into contact with a recruiter at a campus-wide career fair. From there, I applied through my school's career website as well as the company website.

There were three different interviews that I went through. A couple of weeks after I applied, I was contacted about a pre-screening interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was really relaxed. I met with one of the managers. She asked me a few questions about my resume and career goals. She then went on to tell me more about her experiences with the company as well as just giving more info about the position and the company. Later that day, I received an e-mail saying that I made it passed the first round interview.

Since I wasn't able to make it to the second interview the very next day, I set up a date and time for a phone interview. The recruiter sent me an e-mail confirming the details and also telling me what to expect. This interview was behavioral based. To prepare for it, I googled several behavioral questions and then wrote out several different general situations that I could use to answer the questions. I was told that the interview would last about 45 but mines was shy of 30 minutes. I think it was because I was asked three questions and I used the STAR method when answering the questions. The interviewer only had to ask a few follow-up questions.

About a week later, I was contacted by the recruiter stating that I had made it to the 3rd and final round of the interview process. I had two weeks to get prepared. It lasted about 3 hours. For the first hour and a half, three other candidates and I were given a presentation by three consultants who had been working for the company for less than 2 years. It was really relaxed and they shared freely about their experiences and answered any questions that we had. Then the candidates were all split up for two 45 minute interviews with senior executives. Honestly they asked me a few questions and then did most of the talking. After the interview finally ended, I was told that I would hear back from them within 10 days.

The next morning, I sent follow-up thank you e-mails to both of the senior exevutives. One actually responded the following day which kind of shocked me!

About 6 business days later, I received a call from the recruiter stating that Accenture would love to extend me an offer. Now I am waiting to get the final details about salary, start date, benefits, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to explain a complex set of instructions to another person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I look forward to negotiating the terms if needed.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!