Accenture Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated May 20, 2015

3.1

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very math intensive first round interview.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Three-rounds of interviews. First was on campus, super simple. My second interview was also on campus with a different manager. Also simple, straight forward behavioral interview questions. Third round was at local office (Atlanta) and it lasted half a day. We viewed presentations by other analysts and could ask questions. Discussed benefits, salaries, and general company info and opportunities. There were two interviews this day with managers and senior managers. Again, very simple questions. No coding, no case studies, no technical questions... It was just very easy! Know your resume, be able to communicate your desires/expectations from the company, elaborate (STAR method) on experiences, and be natural! Be professional, but let your personality show too. Accenture culture seems pretty laid-back compared to other consulting firms I've interacted with. Not Google or Facebook laid-back, but as relaxed as a consulting firm can be. Still have to wear a suit to the interview though =) Good luck!

Interview Questions

• None. Just Google typical behavioral interview questions. No coding, no case studies, nothing technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated start date (got first choice, pushed date back by five months b/c I needed a break after graduation. They wanted me to start the following week! Umm, no!). Also negotiated location (first choice. Offer initially in Atlanta, moved to Houston, where there are a LOT more projects). Did not attempt salary negotiation, but I wish I had.

Entry Level Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first contact was an initial screening by a representative that called and had me explain to them my resume. This was followed by a phone call to arrange a telephonic situation interview that lasted roughly an hour covering questions that tried to extract my experience. Not too difficult but took some getting used to explaining things the way the interviewer wanted to hear them especially omitting "we" and speaking in terms of "I". So "I" had to craft answers only in terms of "I" and the scope of the "I" responsibilities in each project. It is very critical to remember the details about each situation you are asked about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a large amount of data?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Initial screening phone call with HR. Can list top three preferences for work locations. Had one 1/2 day interview at the Los Angeles office. Flown to Atlanta (my first choice for location) for a second 1/2 day interview. Met with HR, consultants, manager, and partner. Had lunch with several candidates and consultants. Interview questions were behavioral type questions, i.e. describe at time when you ran into a problem meeting your deadline - what did you do?

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, just typical behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started at entry level analyst and they were not willing to budge on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

I first came into contact with a recruiter at a campus-wide career fair. From there, I applied through my school's career website as well as the company website.

There were three different interviews that I went through. A couple of weeks after I applied, I was contacted about a pre-screening interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was really relaxed. I met with one of the managers. She asked me a few questions about my resume and career goals. She then went on to tell me more about her experiences with the company as well as just giving more info about the position and the company. Later that day, I received an e-mail saying that I made it passed the first round interview.

Since I wasn't able to make it to the second interview the very next day, I set up a date and time for a phone interview. The recruiter sent me an e-mail confirming the details and also telling me what to expect. This interview was behavioral based. To prepare for it, I googled several behavioral questions and then wrote out several different general situations that I could use to answer the questions. I was told that the interview would last about 45 but mines was shy of 30 minutes. I think it was because I was asked three questions and I used the STAR method when answering the questions. The interviewer only had to ask a few follow-up questions.

About a week later, I was contacted by the recruiter stating that I had made it to the 3rd and final round of the interview process. I had two weeks to get prepared. It lasted about 3 hours. For the first hour and a half, three other candidates and I were given a presentation by three consultants who had been working for the company for less than 2 years. It was really relaxed and they shared freely about their experiences and answered any questions that we had. Then the candidates were all split up for two 45 minute interviews with senior executives. Honestly they asked me a few questions and then did most of the talking. After the interview finally ended, I was told that I would hear back from them within 10 days.

The next morning, I sent follow-up thank you e-mails to both of the senior exevutives. One actually responded the following day which kind of shocked me!

About 6 business days later, I received a call from the recruiter stating that Accenture would love to extend me an offer. Now I am waiting to get the final details about salary, start date, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain a complex set of instructions to another person.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I look forward to negotiating the terms if needed.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Created a profile on Accenture's website and was contacted three days later. My interview process consisted of a phone screen with my recruiter, a situational interview via phone with a Senior Manager from a different Workgroup, a skills interview via phone with a Senior Manager from the same Workgroup, and a confirming interview via phone with a Senior Executive from the same Workgroup.

Interview Questions

• Questions about interpretation of regulation were unexpected, primarily because I was least prepared for them, but the most unexpected experience was lack of face-to-face interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered, but the original offer stood, and accepted.

Business Analyst Management Consulting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring interview was aggressive and at the same time conservative. Aggressive in terms of calling candidate the next day I put my resume into the system and finding interview dates based on my flexibility. Conservative because I had to go through 6 interviews to receive the offer.

Suggestion always be positive about your own skills and be confident when facing the interviews.

1. HR Screen about my Background my current salary and expected salary for the position.
    2. Tech. Skill set interview for an hour over my expertise.
    3. Scenario Interview for hour and a half.
    4. Tech. Skill set interview again for an hour.
    5. Case interview for hour and a half.
    6. 1:1 interview

HR will call you if you pass all the interviews above.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never had to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first interview was behavioral and lasted approximately 1.5 hours.

The second interview was a technical interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

The final interview was face to face and it lasted approximately one hour. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What were my expectations of a new employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

They invited me to info session and dinner the day before the interview. Then on the day they asked the standard questions such as tell me about yourself, thing you think stands out on your resume. They got back to me that same day on if they were interested in interviewing me for the second and third stages

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a behavioral interview with a seperate recruiter. These phone interviews were followed by a skills interview with a senoir executive in the field I was applying for. Finally, there was an in office interview with a senior manager in the practice I was applying towards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult client and how you went about resolving the issues.   Answer Question