Accenture Interview Questions in Australia

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

I got referral from two of the current Accenture employees. There were 4 interviews, first one was a phone interview with Recruitment Specialist. Second was face to face interview mainly discussed technical aspects. The third one was another face to face interview mainly assessing the behavioral concepts. And lastly there was an interview with the respective Director.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan for the next three to five years?   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Online testing then quick phone interview followed by a one on one interview at the office. Lastly was an assessment day with case study, team activity, networking and another one on one interview.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Brisbane (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line, I am getting for my final interview and the whole process took 8 weeks. Overall, the interview process was very fare and interviewers have a clear picture of what they are looking for

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

It was a straightforward and speedy process. There were a series of steps: the initial on line application, a HR interview and finally a series of a 1 on 1 interviews with various managers and a senior executive. Throughout the process, I had access to a HR contact to give updates on what to expect next.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was asking me to explain my reasoning for choosing my leaving certificate subjects   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Mid Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Case interview, fit interview
    Snr manager, Partners, HR
    some interviewers more friendly, others more aggressive
    prepare case interviews. be good at all attributes associated with case interviews. know the usual approaches and be quick on your feet. fit the bill of a consultant. dont expect much by way of salary.
    Case may have nothing to do with the actual work though.
    Good people, mass people management though. Great for new out of school types but not necessarily great for mid hires.

Interview Questions

• usual consulting interview. solve a case, behavioral quesitons   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate. During that time, salaries generally marked below market considerably. Packaged in a way that is not obvious ie to match prior salaries but actually below market

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I prepared for the interview by researching from the internet on the most common interview questions. I found one website with the list of interview questions. So i prepared answers for each questions. I was surprised, that almost all of the questions I have on my list came up. The interview process seemed scripted, i mean, not spontaneous. The interviewer has a list of questions on her hand, and it seems that her list is the same as mine hahah. So I tried to be as natural as possible with my answers so that it wouldn't look that i memorized them. I passed this interview stage.

The second interview was with the dept head. Most of the questions are technical in nature. But when she finally offered to me a position, I said I prefer this and this.... So, she took it as I didn't like the specific position being offerred.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find the questions difficult because I have ready answers for them.   Answer Question

Client Alliance and Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

1st was with the accenture talent person who is pretty slow in doing things and does'nt get back to you even after nagging .2nd round ws with a specialist and manger who were pretty friendly and the final round was with the sales director who was good and showed a keen interest in my profile.
    GUess what ? after waiting for 5 weeks i get told i wasnt selected as there was a candidate who knew the Accenture process well. WELL in that case why take so much time to let me know that am not selected. Beware , they give you hopes just to crush it!!!!!!
    Never gonna apply for this company ever again!!! imagine how long they would take to give you a project or a pay rise!!!!

Interview Questions

• they were all basic behavioural questions and what would you do in this/tha situation questions   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by Accenture HR to discuss the role. The lady sent me a job specification for a 'Senior Consultant Financial Services' position. I have 3.5 years of core FS - Wealth Mgt experience and 5+ years working in Telecommunications across all BIG Banks and financial institutions. So the lady advised that my skills were a good match. Asked me
    - why accenture
    - why financial services
    - what do you want to achieve out of Accenture
    - what do i do in my current role
    - how are my skills relevant to Mgt Consulting
    Once I had answered all her questions, she advised that I had done well and I would be proceeding to Round 2. I asked the total timeline and was advised 4-5 weeks. Then I had no contact for 2 weeks and when I emailed to check status, I was advised that that interview team was extremely busy.
    The 2nd round was with a Senior Manager. Questions
    - STAR based questions explaining an end to end project which resulted in $$ improvements to the customer
    - what I expected out of my career
    - Why accenture
    - Granular detail about the project
    - difficult situation experienced
    I was advised by the interviewer that I had performed well and would be proceeding ahead. The third round was with another Senior Manager. Questions
    - Granular details about a successful project which saved the company $$
    - How did I sell the project to leadership and how did the implement the change in terms of empowering people to adapt to the new way of working
    the interviewer advised that he was happy with my performance and advised that I would be progressing to the next round with the MD.
    The recruiter called a week later to advised the same but also advised that the nominated MD was unwell and she was trying to identify another MD to interview me. Another week later a date was provided at short notice and I had to reschedule to Friday to allow some time to prepare. I was expecting a meet and greet as per all the research I had done. But the MD started grilling me on behavioral questions similar to what had already been asked. Other questions include
    - difficult situation experienced and how it was managed
    - what are the key growth factors in the FS industry
    - what constitutes as PROFIT in the FS industry
    - Details of a successful project, what was required, what was done and what was delivered
    At the end of the interview, I was advised that I had done well and the HR will be in touch. I left extremely satisfied. The final interview was on Friday, on the follwoing Wednesday I was called by the HR lady advising that the MD is on leave and will advise the feedback upon her return to work. I gave the HR lady a complement in lieu of her proactive feedback approach.
    Then I had no news for the following 10 days. It must be noted that we were 7 weeks into the process. On the Tuesday (2 full weeks + 2 days later) l was sent an email advising I did not possess sufficient FS experience.
    I was extremely disappointed that I had wasted 7.5 weeks in the whole interview process and this whole time, they could have advised me this without wasting my time. Also, the least the HR lady could have done is call and inform me that I have been unsuccessful but she was extremely unprofessional and she replied that she was about to call. She called and left a message without bothering to pick my call backs later stating that she had called to advise her mail.
    i realized that they had kept me as Option B / Option C should the first choice candidate decline the offer. I sent a mail to the HR advising that I had been trying to break into Accenture for 5 years, but after my interview experience, it would take a significantly BIG offer to convince me to work with them in the future or even recommend them to another candidate.
    My intention was to get core consulting & strategy experience for a few years to allow myself move up a couple of levels in the industry or even try to break into McKinsey / BAIN / BCG but moving forward I will NOT be applying to this firm any more. Absolutely unprofessional HR! Would definitely NOT recommend applying here for consulting. Best to try Delloitte / E&Y etc if you want to break into MBB or move 2 levels higher and need consulting / strategy experience as leverage.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the next stage of the FS industry and how will their profits evolve over the next few years. What can possibly be the SWOT for this?   Answer Question

Recruitment Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

This was a quick and easy experience; I applied online, received a call the following day for a telephone screening which lasted about 30mins. A week after the phone screening, two face to face meetings a week apart were set up with various key managers and the final stage included a Skype meeting with an interstate manager. From start to finish this process took 4 weeks and was a quick and pleasant experience. The people I interviewed with were easy to get along with, consultative and had a genuine sense of pride working for the company.

Interview Questions

• I would recommend going into any interviews with a firm understanding of Accenture; including their services, company values and stance in market. They will want to know what has drawn you to consider a career at Accenture and this will be consistent at each stage of the interview process. Part of one of the interview stages is a behavioural assessment - they will ask questions on likely work scenarios so best to answer as honestly as possible. I would advise refreshing on instances you would likely deal with in the role you are interviewing for and make sure you have all details front of mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiate a start date; they were as accommodating as possible and happy to meet in the middle.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Online Application followed by an online personality test. One on One interview with Senior Management, going through my resume and the relevance of it. Also went through my skills and how I can apply these to Accenture. Then I had a group interview and final One on One Interview. Group interview involved activities and case study/presentation. The one on one interview was pretty similar to the first one. They did ask why I picked Accenture over their competition several times in both interviews. They want to know that you have done research on Accenture and have an idea of where you want to head in the organisation.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.