1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

BI Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2011.

I was really excited to interview for the role of BI Reporting Analyst. Had a 1:1 with hiring manger and shocked to hear from the recruiter that they were not going forward with me. As I thought I nailed all the questions with relevant experience. What's worse is the manager did not provide the recruiter with any feedback on why. This reflects poorly on Accenture. What I found interesting during the discussion, was the manager did not know why a BusinessObjects administrator would be responsible for designing BO universes. This was something I shared with him that was a practice at an employer, and it is with a lot of companies. A question from a person who stated he had 12 years BO experience. Another red flag for this manager was when I asked, "What was the charter for the work that Accenture was completing at Stanford? He asked me what is a charter? For a consultant working at a "Top" Consulting firm this lack of knowledge was alarming.

Interview Questions

• Why would a BusinessObjects administrator be responsible for designing BO universes?   1 Answer