Accenture

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed out of undergrad and it was a three round process. First round was a simple behavioral interview whereby they wanted to get a feel for your personality. Second round was case based and looking to understand how you go about solving problems. Third round was more for me as a prospective employee to meet some senior people and understand who I'd be working with.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about developing a business case for an IT transformation at a major corporation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

normal case interviews and nothing too difficult. two rounds and final round was definitely easier than the first one. the case interviews are pretty straight forward without someone trying to trick you and the interviewers are polite and helpful. As a candidate, it is helpful to differentiate why you would like to work at Accenture instead of any other consulting firm.

i wanted more variety in types of work and it seemed like accenture tries to make you specialize quickly

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture.

Contacted by recruiter from an external third party recruiting service - the interview process consisted of two phone interviews before in person interview at a local office. The length of the entire interview process was about three to four weeks time frame.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

First interview was on the phone. Relaxing and to determine if you are who you say you are. Second round involves questions about your resume and further background information. Third interview involved situation questions and how you would handle them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

The hiring process for Accenture is very tedious and grueling. They set up an interview with HR first, if you pass that you go to the hiring manager for a second interview, lastly you go back to the HR for your final interview and paperwork. This is where they send your information to Hireright which is a complete joke of a business. This process takes about 2-3 months to get hired on with Accenture

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty basic interview questions, know the company's mission statement.   Answer Question
    Pretty standard, they sent a higher offer than I expected so even if they hadn't negotiated with me I would have been happy.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

2 interviews, pretty much same as other consulting groups

Interview Questions
    • Business case where you prevented slippage of project timelines   Answer Question

Standard case and behavioral

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I had two phone case interviews after getting the interview through a reference. The first one went pretty rough, I had to digest a 12 slide Powerpoint in the span of 10 mins and then answer questions/develop a solution that included technical terms I did not understand.

Interview Questions
    • Did ask many questions, I had to do the question asking.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

I applied through a college recruiter late last year (2013). Began the process in January of 2014 with a phone interview with a recruiter which was basically a resume/background parse in which they want to confirm everything on your resume and see if you could fit into the company.

Shortly after this interview, I was invited to do 2 back to back case and behavioral interviews on the phone with Managers/Senior Managers of Accenture. The interviewers were really laid back and nice. Didn't even feel like an interview but felt more like a conversation with a friend who happened to be looking to hire you. In regards to the case interview, spend some time reading Crack the Case. It is a very good resources. After reading this book, look up practice case books from MBA schools and use them as practice. At a point, either you understand consulting or you don't, if you are struggling throughout the practice then maybe consulting is not a good fit for you.

After this round, I was invited to final rounds at office. They directly pay for your airfare and hotel expenses and will reimburse you for other reasonable expenses. Final rounds consist of a case interview and a confirming interview with Managers/Senior Managers. I didn't do a lot of prep for this round, just two practice cases on the flight into the city. Confirming interview is mainly a conversation about yourself to see if you are the kind of person Accenture can trust to send to a client. Offer came two days later via random phone call from recruiter. I almost had to mute myself because I was so excited to get the job and be done with the job search process. The process was very well organized and all of those involved in the recruiting process were nice, even my fellow recruits were nice!

My biggest advice is to relax, be yourself, and just let the pieces fall however they may.

Interview Questions
    • None really, cases are something either you get it or you don't. If you don't, do not try to fake it because they will see through it. Have a good answer for "Why Accenture". You cannot apply for a job in a company and expect them to hire you if you, yourself, do not have a good reason why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    Base salary are set by office already, no negotiation there. The salary they offer are more than nice for someone recently out of college. Relocation bonus and signing bonus are icing on the cake and I could have probably negotiate a bigger signing bonus, but if a couple thousand dollars are what is holding you back from joining Accenture, then you are probably not joining for the right reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round