Accenture

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, but after getting the job I have learned that the majority of people who have gotten a job here were reffered internally. I first received an email letting me know that someone would contact me soon. Then there were a series of three interviews. First was a phone interview, basically just seeing if you are a normal human being. The next two interviews were on the same day at the location where I would be working. The first interview was with the Deputy Director. This is where a lot of the good hard questions were asked, on both parts. After that I waited in a conference room for the second interview. I saw that he had gone into the Managing Directors office before having me come in. So curious of what they said, but obviously it was favorable. The third interview was mainly informational. Letting me know of the compensation and benefits and how the office runs with all of the perks. This is where I felt like they were selling it to me. After a couple of days I received a phone call from HR offering the job with all of the details of start date and base pay. Very exciting!

Interview Question – This was my first job out of college so I had a bit easier questions. Mine were like: "Why do you think you would be a good fit here?" and "What was your favorite class in college and why?" Then I was asked questions about my previous employer and what I did there. Very general questions, but seriuos and reading in between the lines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, pretty much same as other consulting groups

Interview Question – Business case where you prevented slippage of project timelines   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Standard case and behavioral

Interview Question – Biggest weakness. Hate it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a college recruiter late last year (2013). Began the process in January of 2014 with a phone interview with a recruiter which was basically a resume/background parse in which they want to confirm everything on your resume and see if you could fit into the company.

Shortly after this interview, I was invited to do 2 back to back case and behavioral interviews on the phone with Managers/Senior Managers of Accenture. The interviewers were really laid back and nice. Didn't even feel like an interview but felt more like a conversation with a friend who happened to be looking to hire you. In regards to the case interview, spend some time reading Crack the Case. It is a very good resources. After reading this book, look up practice case books from MBA schools and use them as practice. At a point, either you understand consulting or you don't, if you are struggling throughout the practice then maybe consulting is not a good fit for you.

After this round, I was invited to final rounds at office. They directly pay for your airfare and hotel expenses and will reimburse you for other reasonable expenses. Final rounds consist of a case interview and a confirming interview with Managers/Senior Managers. I didn't do a lot of prep for this round, just two practice cases on the flight into the city. Confirming interview is mainly a conversation about yourself to see if you are the kind of person Accenture can trust to send to a client. Offer came two days later via random phone call from recruiter. I almost had to mute myself because I was so excited to get the job and be done with the job search process. The process was very well organized and all of those involved in the recruiting process were nice, even my fellow recruits were nice!

My biggest advice is to relax, be yourself, and just let the pieces fall however they may.

Interview Question – None really, cases are something either you get it or you don't. If you don't, do not try to fake it because they will see through it. Have a good answer for "Why Accenture". You cannot apply for a job in a company and expect them to hire you if you, yourself, do not have a good reason why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary are set by office already, no negotiation there. The salary they offer are more than nice for someone recently out of college. Relocation bonus and signing bonus are icing on the cake and I could have probably negotiate a bigger signing bonus, but if a couple thousand dollars are what is holding you back from joining Accenture, then you are probably not joining for the right reason.

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I had two phone case interviews after getting the interview through a reference. The first one went pretty rough, I had to digest a 12 slide Powerpoint in the span of 10 mins and then answer questions/develop a solution that included technical terms I did not understand.

Interview Question – Did ask many questions, I had to do the question asking.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round

Interview Question – why accenture over a straight strategy firm?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I got an interview through my university career center.

There were 3 interviews. The first interview was a 30 minute basic screening interview, reviewing my resume and "Why Accenture". The second interview was part behavioral/past case study. The case study was straight forward and seemed to be a business problem my interviewer faced on previous client work. The last interview was almost another screening interview, as if a test to see if the Senior Managers and Managing Directors would want me as an Analyst on their projects. All interviewers were easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

The process was straightforward and fairly seamless, but the HR Recruiter was a bit disorganized and not as responsive as I would have liked as a job applicant.

Interview Question – Business case was on how to improve customer experience for a resources client.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews - first one was behavioral, second was a case study, third was a 2-part interview with both a case and a behavioral interview. First two were on the phone, last one was in the office.

Interview Question – Case study which was essentially an actual consulting project the Senior Manager had worked on - he basically asked me how I would have approached the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take it or you leave it.

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was more like a conversation. No technical questions, mostly just chatting about who I am and why I would want to work for Accenture. Very open-ended interviewing style so come prepared with some projects and stories that highlight your accomplishments.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – While the people are friendly, their cases are extremely pre-defined, as any other legitimate analyses or conclusions from the case still seem to be marked as incorrect. There is a much stronger focus on the case over the behavioral questions. They asked some questions regarding resume items, but most of the time was on the case.

Interview Question – Case regarding Department of Energy grants.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 96 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.