Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

100 interviews

3.1

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

While the people are friendly, their cases are extremely pre-defined, as any other legitimate analyses or conclusions from the case still seem to be marked as incorrect. There is a much stronger focus on the case over the behavioral questions. They asked some questions regarding resume items, but most of the time was on the case.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

They had two case interviews back to back. The cases were one hour each. The whole process was very organized. It was a college recruitment interview, so they were interviewing in rounds of about 10 people. Each candidate had a 1:1 interview and then swapped for the second case. Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful, but it's an intense process.

Interview Questions
    • It's a business case, so if you know the process you should generally be ok.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Behavioral and general hR interviews then in office interview with leadership

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unexpected situation   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

The interview process was conducted very professionally and cordially. The first interview phase consisted of a quick 30 minute phone call with a recruiter. The second interview was another phone interview, but this time with an executive. This one was a more technical interview, so it will be good to study the job description in depth. The third and final interview was an in-person meeting with a senior executive in the team I was to join. This one was a lot more informal and helped me to understand the culture and expectations of the company in a casual and less intimidating setting. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when things went wrong, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

College Recruiting (on-campus rounds)

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Accenture.

There were a couple of phone interviews some were technical related specifically around Java development. There was 1 in-person "interview" which was really a see you in person once for about 5 minutes with no real questions asked, although an oppertunity to answer questions. It was a new grad situation so not much needed I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Describe if you would rather be an expert in a field or generalist.   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation. Start date even wasn't negotiable, despite a long-distance move with a move package that didn't fully cover the move.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Accenture.

Applied via campus recruiting tool

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you faced a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

The Interview was very theoretical and no question was asked regarding my work experience. Mostly definitions were asked and I am not sure how many people remember definitions while they work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

The first interview was a standard phone interview from an HR rep. Pretty basic "tell me about yourself and why you're interested in the company" stuff, just to make sure you're capable of basic human interaction. The second interview was also a phone interview but it was a case interview with a manager in the company. For the third round, they flew me out to the office location I was interviewing for. There were about 5 other candidates, and it started with a presentation about the company. Then we split up and each did 3 one on one case interviews with people in the company ranging from manager to senior executive. We flew home on the same day. I recommend studying up on business cases as the whole point of their interview process is to determine whether you can think critically and present logical, strategic solutions to the case they present you with. Don't be afraid to take your time, use a structured approach and bring graph paper in case you want to draw them some kind of visual.

Interview Questions
    • "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?"   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

It was a very long process. Not sure what the result would be. Got offers from other companies but preferred this company over the others because of the brand value and information from the friends. Overall its was a lenghtly and delayed process.