Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

There were a couple of phone interviews some were technical related specifically around Java development. There was 1 in-person "interview" which was really a see you in person once for about 5 minutes with no real questions asked, although an oppertunity to answer questions. It was a new grad situation so not much needed I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe if you would rather be an expert in a field or generalist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. Start date even wasn't negotiable, despite a long-distance move with a move package that didn't fully cover the move.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting tool

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you faced a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Princeton, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

The Interview was very theoretical and no question was asked regarding my work experience. Mostly definitions were asked and I am not sure how many people remember definitions while they work.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

(1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min)
     -background
     -interest in job
     -why I fit the role
    (2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min)
     -work experience
     -tough situations
     -behavioral questions
     -performance questions

Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

3 interviews on the phone and one in person. First two with HR, 3rd with management team and the last interview it is a formality to shake hand with team in the office.

Negotiation

Consider that 68,000 in NYC is not so much money.NYC is expensive And if you are traveling is really not enough for the fact that you will not be at home.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Columbus, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

They seem to have fast tracked me because the project was ramping up, pretty basic get to know type questions and asking me about skills i learned in college.

Interview Questions

Low offer, 42k a year when my background is doing 50-55k in ohio.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a standard phone interview from an HR rep. Pretty basic "tell me about yourself and why you're interested in the company" stuff, just to make sure you're capable of basic human interaction. The second interview was also a phone interview but it was a case interview with a manager in the company. For the third round, they flew me out to the office location I was interviewing for. There were about 5 other candidates, and it started with a presentation about the company. Then we split up and each did 3 one on one case interviews with people in the company ranging from manager to senior executive. We flew home on the same day. I recommend studying up on business cases as the whole point of their interview process is to determine whether you can think critically and present logical, strategic solutions to the case they present you with. Don't be afraid to take your time, use a structured approach and bring graph paper in case you want to draw them some kind of visual.

Interview Questions

• "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?"   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

3 interviews - first one was behavioral, second was a case study, third was a 2-part interview with both a case and a behavioral interview. First two were on the phone, last one was in the office.

Interview Questions

• Case study which was essentially an actual consulting project the Senior Manager had worked on - he basically asked me how I would have approached the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You take it or you leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online, but after getting the job I have learned that the majority of people who have gotten a job here were reffered internally. I first received an email letting me know that someone would contact me soon. Then there were a series of three interviews. First was a phone interview, basically just seeing if you are a normal human being. The next two interviews were on the same day at the location where I would be working. The first interview was with the Deputy Director. This is where a lot of the good hard questions were asked, on both parts. After that I waited in a conference room for the second interview. I saw that he had gone into the Managing Directors office before having me come in. So curious of what they said, but obviously it was favorable. The third interview was mainly informational. Letting me know of the compensation and benefits and how the office runs with all of the perks. This is where I felt like they were selling it to me. After a couple of days I received a phone call from HR offering the job with all of the details of start date and base pay. Very exciting!

Interview Questions

• This was my first job out of college so I had a bit easier questions. Mine were like: "Why do you think you would be a good fit here?" and "What was your favorite class in college and why?" Then I was asked questions about my previous employer and what I did there. Very general questions, but seriuos and reading in between the lines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Interview

I was hired as an experienced hire with one year of background in SAS coding.
    -Initial Phone Screen (Easy stuff)
    -Behavioral Interview (Phone again all 'Tell me about a time when you...')
    -4 more phone interviews with Senior Managers/MDs
    -Final on site confirming interview at the Chicago office

The process was long winded due to trying to align schedules with busy people that weren't 100% focused on recruiting.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions on how to write SAS code over the phone. Writing code over the phone is hard so have some pen and paper available or a laptop so you can see what your code looks like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated 1 year of experience at level to make getting promoted easier after my first year.