Accenture

3.1

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in September 2007.

Two Case Interviews:
Round 1: Two 45-minute case interviews with Manager or above. 5-10 minutes of quick introductions followed by 30 minute case question. Questions very from very technical in detail to back of the envelope estimations. Primary purpose is to gauge your thinking available and basic math skills. Interviewer are generally nice and casual although the questions can be tough. You don't have to be an expert in any one area but begin able to solve problems outside of the box is good thinking.

Round 2: Three - 1 hour case interviews each followed by either lunch or dinner with Senior Manager at least 1 Partner. Questions focus area include solving inter-personal relationship issues, financial case questions, account questions, etc. By this time, the crowd who you are competing against is of higher caliber.

After round 2: Formal invite to all those accepted to dinner/show/event. This is similar to other Strategy firms known as the sell event to convince you to join.

Interview Questions
  • How many manhole covers are made in the US every year?   Answer Question
No negotiation offered. Salary rates set by corporate standard across major cities. Rates are adjusted based on business demand and location (e.g., San Francisco will be higher than Kansas City). However, if you have another offer, you can always ask although Accenture is unlikely to adjust your starting salary. Bonus can be negotiated.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Accenture.

It was a short convestion with the HR personel. Their main concern was to figure at my knowledge and enthusiasm about the company. We talked about how i could relate my degree with the department that i want. In addition to that if i knew accenture from the news, media and so on.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture.

I was initially contacted through a recruiter. I was asked to sit a general test where I had to complete an initial screening processing consisting of a verbal and mathematical test. I passed through to the first round interview which consists of writing an essay. An interviewer came and asked basic questions about resume before giving me the opportunity to ask for clarification with regards to working for Accenture. The second round was more technical touching on technical experience and lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an example when you were the leader and how you handled a case where the customer was not satisfied   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied online and was contacted for the first round of interviews conducted on campus. Connected with the interviewer and successfully moved onto the second round. The second round was done over the phone and it did not go well.

Interview Questions
    • questions were straightforward for the most part- it was the tone of the telephone interviewer that put me off   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I was contacted first by HR and invited for an onsite interview.
    It was in essence about my background and how that fits with the position.
    Then an interview with manager of the team. Again questions on my background and some analytical questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Some market sizing questions.
      Questions on how to handle clients and maintain good relationships.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

One phone interview: general questions about resume and motivation
    Two case interviews with managers: quick review of resume and 1h for each case. You receive some information about a company and you have a few minutes to structure your solution and present it
    One interview with partner: short discussion about interests, motivation, and career aspirations

Interview Questions
    • The cases were quite technical, I wasn't really expecting it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

3 stages: application form, telephone interview, assessment centre
    All in all a good experience and all Accenture staff were very nice and friendly.

Assessment centre was a group exercise followed by a project planning / presenting exercise / interview.
    I found the group exercise most stressful. You are bombarded with huge volumes of information and have very little time. Be selective on what you read - sounding confident and being cooperative is the main thing!

The interview was mostly on the project planning exercise and mainly involved the interviewer pointing out possible problems in the plan and asking how you would mitigate those risks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve potential delays at stage "x" in the project? The interviewer was very pushy on these sorts of questions, trying to squeeze as much detail (even if it's obvious) out of you.   View Answer
    N/A

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

the first interview is in group. Just be yourself, and try to pay attention to everything happens. Different business cases are presented to you and to the group. It is very important to be smart, to talk and to collaborate. The other two interviews are 1:1 with questions about personal background, competencies and experiences. You also discuss some business case, normally quite feasible. It is very important to be motivated and to know what you are doing, why you are there. Never speak about work/life balance. In any case the answer is simple: there is no balance.

Interview Questions
    • -What are your 3 major shortcomings.
      -How many people get married in Italy every year.
        Answer Question

Not difficoul

Business Analyst Interview

the first interview in in group. you are supposed to talk about your self and different business case are presented to you and to the group. It is very important to be smart, to talk, but not too much, to collaborate. The other two interviews are 1:1 and the question were about my personal background, competences and esperiences. It is very important here to show interest, to be motivated and to know what you are doing, why you are there.

no negotiation