Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Deal Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The initial screening interview was very positive. I learned more about Accenture and the roles of the position. I was also able to ask a few basic questions. The recruiter has been great by staying in touch with me and by keeping me up to date with the next steps in the interview process.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and did a run through of the recruiting process. Due to being a recent college graduate with minimal experience, I was scheduled to a situational interview. Situational interviewer did not really allow me to answer the questions since she kept interrupting. I did not feel like it was fair interview and never experienced a behavioral interview like this one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions

• One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First round: 30-45 minute in person screen - Why should we hire you over someone else? Second round : Behavioral Third: At HQ - Did not make it that far, but was told that it would be technical and more behavioral aspects. You would meet with HR as well.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

It's a 4 step interview process. 1 - Phone Screen with recruiter. They will go through your prior experience with a fine tooth comb to determine whether or not you have the years of experience for the role. 2 - Phone Interview with a manager. This interview with also assess your technical skills for the position. 3 - Situational/Behavioral Interview with another recruiter. 4 - Virtual Meeting with hiring manager. At this stage, they have assess your qualifications and experience, now it's determining the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding your experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had applied online a place I wasn't really interested in. This was to get started with the interview process. i was interviewed over the Phone. I was at work and interviewed in the parking lot. Not the best place for interview.

Interview Questions

• Change management, Resource leveling, Risk management, readiness to travel?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Many interviews (3+). Slow process. It is not true that if you make it to the final round you will get an offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through a headhunter who interviewed me first. Then, a recruiter had a general discussion with me about the firm. After that, they set up a "skills interview" with a manager (who was 6 years younger than me and had less org change experience than me by 3 years - fun). Also, she only had a BA from whereas I had a PhD in the filed they were hiring for. She was supposed to focus on my skills, but she asked things like "why aren't you going back to [your former firm]" (they're not hiring - and how is this a skill?) and "why do you want to work in utilities" (when the job description said that you don't need any experience in utilities or interest in it - they are hiring based on org change skills, not an industry). But, you need to play the game and pretend you have a passion for utilities and accenture's culture. I don't even think she read or comprehended my resume because of the way she asked her questions. Also, during the interview, she said how miserable the employees are at accenture because the whole firm locked people into industries arbitrarily. She asked about one of my projects specifically, and it happened to be something at my old firm where we were hired to clean up the mess that Accenture left behind at a major client. Since she asked, I told the truth. But, I'd advise you not to make that mistake. Just remember: Accenture is perfect - they never messed anything up. In the end, she told the headhunter that I was "too theoretical" and didn't have enough experience. I had more experience than she did - and I certainly never mentioned any "theory." I was rejected within 24 hours. So, essentially she knew that it wasn't going to happen when she hung up the phone, even though she pretended to be really interested in my experience and liked my answers. The interview seemed to have gone very well, which made the immediate rejection rather jarring and odd. Not to mention, on paper, I am light years beyond her, and I was applying to work FOR her (not directly, but she was a manager and I applied for a senior consultant position). To make this even more ridiculous - I had the same position at their competitor in 2008! So, in 2015 - I got rejected for a job I had 7 years ago (that paid more 7 years ago, incidentally). Also, in speaking with people who know more about this, we strongly suspect this was homophobia. Accenture does not want openly gay men in the utilities practice which has predominantly blue collar, homophobic clients. I thought it was strange that she spent way too much time asking me about some of my former research in grad school on gays and lesbians, and that had nothing do to with this job whatsoever. So much for all of accenture's accolades for LGBT people. Maybe they have a great LGBT group inside the firm, but I'd love to know how many people they reject based on that because they prefer to stay in the 1980s with their clients' perceptions of gay people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some ways you would innovate, how have you innovated? What aspects of change management projects have you worked on? Why aren't you going back to your old firm? Why do you want to work in the Utilities Practice?   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewer hadn't reviewed my resume before calling. Had applied for an entry level position but the interviewer said the position was for currently working individuals with 5-7 years of experience. Interviewer abruptly ended the interview.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

First round was with a principal and it was purely him assessing whether or not I did my homework and how interested I am in the position and the firm. They emailed me the next day informing me that I will have my second round on campus as well. I was a lot less impressed by the second round interviewer. He seemed quite burnt out and the interview was quite awkward. No chemistry at all. The whole process is very rigid: you have your standard behavioral questions and you ask questions about the position/firm in the end. Nothing too surprising. They still haven't gotten back to me about the third round.