Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

There are multiple steps in the process and all of the can be completed over the phone until the last interview. This is in person or via tele-presence. I had a total or six interviews, one per week. I had more than the normal amount because I originally applied for one position and was rejected. However, with a couple of days I was offered the chance to interview for my current position. You must have documentation to back up your experience.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - they offered me a salary in the range I needed. I also received a signing bonus, due to the fact that I would be ineligible for a promotion that year.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions

• One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

During the hiring process at business school, there two rounds of two case interviews each. There were four separate interviewers, and each interview was conducted one-on-one. The cases were standard business school cases. After the first round interview, I received a call that same day notifying me that I was advanced to the second round. Three days later I went to the downtown office, and sat for two more case interviews. One of these was with a MD, who ultimately made the hiring decision. I received another call while I was on my way home that same day, to notify me that I would be receiving an offer and generally outlining the pay package. All in all, everything happens very quickly and there's not much ambiguity behind the hiring process. Those who don't receive offers generally still get a phone call to provide them feedback on their interview and how they could improve.

Interview Questions

• During each interview, I was asked some form of "walk me through your resume."   1 Answer

Management Consultant- Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Hiring process for MBAs from f/t programs I met members of the recruiting team at a national diversity conference. I had 2 case interviews on site and was invited for 3 other case interviews in the Chicago office- for Super Day Interviews. I received a call with an offer that very same night.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide a client that is seeking international expansion?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating-they bring in all the MBAs at the same level.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Five rounds of interviews; a combination of behavioral, situation and problem solving. One face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any professional regrets? If so, what is it and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short and sweet. They were more flexible on the signing bonus.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I cleared all rounds and my background check was cleared. Then, HR called me and informed me that we no longer have a vacancy for the position. I left a job offer from another company for this position and they didn't even gave any assurance for consideration in any other position. Really, very depressed by the kind of attitude company maintains with new hires.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview three rounds that also depends on what position you are getting hired there could me more round of phone interviews but at minimum expect three round of interview and then a face-to-face inteview with one of the sposoring partner. After that there will be a behavioural interview to for HR to to understand how you will take a decision depending on the different client situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a client situation and how did you take the decision   Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

phone screens, phone interviews, video interview

Interview Questions

• can there be a memory leak in a Java program   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negociation phase concerned the start date and work attire required

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a specific Legal Counsel position. I received an email about a week later from an internal recruiter requesting 30 minutes for a screening interview over the phone. The initial screening interview was conducted within a few days and was pretty standard, though it exceeded my expectations in a sense because the recruiter very clearly laid out several key issues: 1) the specific steps in the interview process; and, 2) the salary range. The interview process for an attorney at Accenture is apparently slightly different than for other positions, according to the recruiter. She told me there would be up to 5 interviews: the initial phone screen interview; 1 or 2 skills interviews; and, 1 or 2 confirming interview (likely to last up to 4 hours each). I passed the screening interview but did not pass the first skills interview, which was conducted over web video conference and occurred one week after the first screening interview. This interview was not the typical Accenture behavioral interview. It loosely consisted of two parts: a) get to know you/resume review; and, b) case study/issue spotter. All of the questions were fair, though the case study questions were difficult and there is no way I could have anticipated the specific questions. Overall, I thought the recruiter and the skills interviewer (hiring manager) were professional and prompt. I was disappointed not to move forward, but the hiring manager was respectful enough to tell my why, which I genuinely appreciated. My only suggestion to Accenture is to make sure the job posting matches the hiring manager's needs/expectations. In my circumstance, the primary expertise he sought for the role was not listed in the job posting. Had I known from the posting what he actually sought/required, I might not have applied for the role.

Interview Questions

• The questioned concerned what laws/regulations from outside the U.S. applied to a given scenario, and based on those applicable laws/regulations what provisions/clauses needed to be included in a contract of a certain type.   Answer Question