Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

There are multiple steps in the process and all of the can be completed over the phone until the last interview. This is in person or via tele-presence. I had a total or six interviews, one per week. I had more than the normal amount because I originally applied for one position and was rejected. However, with a couple of days I was offered the chance to interview for my current position. You must have documentation to back up your experience.

I didn't negotiate - they offered me a salary in the range I needed. I also received a signing bonus, due to the fact that I would be ineligible for a promotion that year.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

It was a very long process. Not sure what the result would be. Got offers from other companies but preferred this company over the others because of the brand value and information from the friends. Overall its was a lenghtly and delayed process.

Experienced Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2008.

2 consecutive phone interviews. 1st with HR, 2nd with manager level which was more specific and related to experiences in work and team situations, wanting to know your way of thinking and approach in diagnosing and resolving the situation. 3rd interview was flight to Corporate to meet and interview with Partner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you failed miserably and did not meet the customers expectations, tell me the circumstances and reasons in reflection and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    it was good - I did my research and negotiated and got what I wanted

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

It is a typical 3-round interview. If it doesn't take place on campus, the first two will be over the phone, with the third in person. The first one is easy -- they just ask about your work experience and get to know you a little. The second is the important one -- they ask you detailed scenario questions about your work experience and hypothetical situations. eg -- so you managed a team, how would you have dealt with the problem of someone not pulling their weight? or -- so you developed a website, what steps did you take to ensure user security? and so on... The third interview, you go to the local office and meet with two or more executives (one at a time). They re-ask some interview questions. Expect a psychological curveball (ie - not paying attention to you, or annoyed by you, or rude... your behavioral response is being examined)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had very ambiguous direction, but still had to deliver in a set time frame.   View Answer
    Tried to negotiate salary... don't bother. Their figures are set in stone, and if you don't accept, there are HUNDREDS waiting in line to take your offer. Keep in mind that there are many perks that come along with working for Accenture (ie corporate discounts, airfare perks, hotel perks, etc) that seem to add up well.

Management Consultant- Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Hiring process for MBAs from f/t programs

I met members of the recruiting team at a national diversity conference. I had 2 case interviews on site and was invited for 3 other case interviews in the Chicago office- for Super Day Interviews. I received a call with an offer that very same night.

Interview Questions
    • How would you guide a client that is seeking international expansion?   Answer Question
    No negotiating-they bring in all the MBAs at the same level.

Knowledge Base Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in September 2009.

I had a very impressive interview process. I contacted the company and they forwarded me over to the correct person in charge of the department, I was told that the program started on a Monday and I initially called on a Thursday, I went in for an interview on a Friday and I interviewed with 3 different managers in 2 different locations. By that evening I received a phone call with a Job offer and I accepted the position

Interview Questions
    • I had to attend a group luncheon as part of the interviewing process in which I noticed that they wanted to ensure that i knew proper etiquette.   Answer Question
    They contacted me via phone and I accepted the offer and when I went in on Monday morning I completed the paperwork

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Accenture.

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Legal Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture.

The interview may vary, but all have to go through a very grueling interview which includes a personality test. The candidate does not know that it's happening when he/she is being interviewed though. It's Accenture's way of making sure they hire the right people that fit the Accenture culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with your supervisor and why?   View Answer
    Yes - they are very open to negotiating if the candidate is selected.

Software Engineer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied online as a new graduate (entry-level). Received an email of their interest in 2 weeks. The 1st phone interview was a review of my resume and school activities. The conversation was very relaxed. The 2nd phone interview was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me for scenarios of when I was confronted with a difficult situation and how I handled them. The interviewer also asked questions about my school activities. Both the 1st and 2nd interview lasted for about an hour. The 3rd interview was a 1 on 1. I was interviewed by 1 senior manager and 1 peer. Both consisted of a brief overview of my resume, school activities, and how I handled issues within group projects. Included was a presentation about the company, round table open discussion, and lunch. This interview lasted for about 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, but the recruiter did inform me the salary offered was based on my degree, grades, and GPA.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!