Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

There are multiple steps in the process and all of the can be completed over the phone until the last interview. This is in person or via tele-presence. I had a total or six interviews, one per week. I had more than the normal amount because I originally applied for one position and was rejected. However, with a couple of days I was offered the chance to interview for my current position. You must have documentation to back up your experience.

I didn't negotiate - they offered me a salary in the range I needed. I also received a signing bonus, due to the fact that I would be ineligible for a promotion that year.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

It was a very long process. Not sure what the result would be. Got offers from other companies but preferred this company over the others because of the brand value and information from the friends. Overall its was a lenghtly and delayed process.

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

The official process was: a screening interview with the recruiter, a skills interview with a peer, a situational interview with an HR interviewer, and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager chose to add an additional group lunch with peers.

Everybody was as professional as you would expect given the caliber of the company. The situational interview was handled very well. Each question followed a specific pattern:
    * ask the question
    * describe what she is looking for in the response
    * repeat the question

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a tight deadline, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Experienced Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in May 2008.

2 consecutive phone interviews. 1st with HR, 2nd with manager level which was more specific and related to experiences in work and team situations, wanting to know your way of thinking and approach in diagnosing and resolving the situation. 3rd interview was flight to Corporate to meet and interview with Partner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you failed miserably and did not meet the customers expectations, tell me the circumstances and reasons in reflection and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    it was good - I did my research and negotiated and got what I wanted

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

I had one case study involving HR and operations decisions to be made during a merger for two insurance companies. The interview lasted about an hour with the case taking up about 30 minutes and general resume questions taking up the rest of the time.

Interview Questions
    • The case: HR and operations decisions for a merger between insurance companies   Answer Question

Executive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

There was one phone interview and two in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you would like to improve upon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were working on a project for a long time and you were suddenly asked to change direction on the project.   Answer Question

Experienced Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

Had a brief 20 minute phone interview to review my skills and years of experience with certain technologies. Then had a 45 minute "situational" interview where I was asked to describe previous experiences where, for example, I had to create a project plan.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to meet a certain deadline. How did you ensure that you met the deadline?   Answer Question

SINT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

1st round is more of a screening giving the candidate a chance to present his/her resume in person. From there 2nd round is a behavioral interview, be ready to draw from recent (within last year) experiences and come up with situations, how you succeeded, failed, dealt with adversity...etc final round is office visit with "fit" interviews to determine if you really want to do the work you'll be doing

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you were a member of a group and had to deal with turmoil within the group...   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

It is a typical 3-round interview. If it doesn't take place on campus, the first two will be over the phone, with the third in person. The first one is easy -- they just ask about your work experience and get to know you a little. The second is the important one -- they ask you detailed scenario questions about your work experience and hypothetical situations. eg -- so you managed a team, how would you have dealt with the problem of someone not pulling their weight? or -- so you developed a website, what steps did you take to ensure user security? and so on... The third interview, you go to the local office and meet with two or more executives (one at a time). They re-ask some interview questions. Expect a psychological curveball (ie - not paying attention to you, or annoyed by you, or rude... your behavioral response is being examined)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had very ambiguous direction, but still had to deliver in a set time frame.   View Answer
    Tried to negotiate salary... don't bother. Their figures are set in stone, and if you don't accept, there are HUNDREDS waiting in line to take your offer. Keep in mind that there are many perks that come along with working for Accenture (ie corporate discounts, airfare perks, hotel perks, etc) that seem to add up well.