Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Many interviews (3+). Slow process. It is not true that if you make it to the final round you will get an offer.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interviewer hadn't reviewed my resume before calling. Had applied for an entry level position but the interviewer said the position was for currently working individuals with 5-7 years of experience. Interviewer abruptly ended the interview.

Senior Manager of Applications Portfolio, Modernization & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Passed first (2) Phases of a (4) interview process in which I was breezing through the process with 25yrs+ worth of global experience. Interviewed w/ Chicago-based Partner of the Practice. Interview went great. Partner communicated to HR that I want more candidates with the exact experience/skill-set that "my name" has, but I pass on "my name." What type of statement is this?

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you tell me the truth and not lye to me. Are you?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

The interview was over the phone with an human resources representative. I obtained the interview through a university recruiting event. The interview process and questions focused a lot on academic achievements. The interview questions also focused a lot on organizational involvement while in school. The questions for an engineering position did not lead to my current work experience as an engineer. I had to bring up my current work experience related to engineering. This was a general human resources phone interview to obtain an initial screen of me. Overall sounded like a great company to work for and offers average benefits.

Interview Questions
    • What positions did you hold in organizations at your university?   Answer Question

Senior Sharepoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

Interviewed with Technical Resource Manager, who was not very technical and language barrier was extreme. They had to reschedule interview, as I could not understand the initial resource. Call lasted apporximately 45 Min, afterwhich the recruiter called me to explain the next process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the differences between SharePoint Designer, Visula Studio and K2 Black Pear, as relates to uses as a workflow tool.   Answer Question
    • Can you use custom code in designer?   View Answer

The travel requirements of 75% exceeded my expectations.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

1. HR Interview
    2. Skills Interview
    3. Partner Interview

Overall the process is fairly trivial. If you can talk with people, you'll do alright. That said, they will try everything to reduce your level or pay. If you have any leverage at all, do not give on these. Your starting pay will be the absolute key to your compensation going forward as you are not likely to get large bumps or raises (although they are always dangled in front of you)

Interview Questions
    If you are going into consulting and not straight out of college, they will ask you about your salary. Put off answering the question as long as possible, but eventually you will have to give them a number. Shoot as high as possible. Don't worry about shooting above the range, they'll counter. Also ask for signing bonus, relocation, if applicable, etc.

CIO - Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

First interview over the phone, lasted 30 minutes, very basic overview of my resume and the position. Next interview was over the phone, behavioral type questions, lasted about 30 minutes. Got a call a week later saying that I had made it to the final round and was invited to the Chicago office for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 was very basic, talked about myself and the position, no tough/technical questions. Got a call 2 weeks later and was informed that I had not been selected for the position. Overall, HR and my recruiter were very friendly, easy to talk to. The most important interview was definetly the 2nd phone interview / behavioral interview - seemed like they weed out most candidates at this stage in the interview process. Still bummed I didn't get the job...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Was a very casual interview process. Had I think 3 phone interviews that you weren't too bad, then got flown out to my location of choice (New York, Chicago, Denver) and did a group information session followed by rotating personal interviews. Everyone was pretty nice, the pay was better then other companies, and there were tons of opportunities at the company - so I took it!

No negotiation at all which was very frustrating. She wouldn't allow it. But in hind sight, I was already being paid very close to the top of the pay scale for a new analyst.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

I was first approached by a recruiter at my school's career fair. We talked for a bit and she scheduled an interview for the next day with a Sr. Manager in the company. At that interview we just talked for about an hour about me and my interest in consulting and technology. She seemed to be looking for "consulting types;" mostly Type A personalities that can hold a conversation without letting it become awkward. She called me about an hour after the interview and told me I made it to the second round which would be held at the same place the next day. So I returned and this time had an hour long interview with a Senior Executive (accenture's version of a partner). We talked about my resume for a few minutes and then he started asking questions about my interests in technology and finance. We seemed to hit it off so he invited me to a happy hour he was holding with a few other accenture people at a local bar and told me that I had one more round to go just to introduce me to other Senior Executives at accenture. The final round was held in Washington, D.C. which is several hundred miles away from my school and the office for which I was interviewing. I spoke with three more Senior Executives from different concentrations and it seemed like I was interviewing them more than anything else. At the end of the day one of the recruiters asked me which group I was most interested in and sent me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • (At the very beginning of the final round of interview) Ask me anything. This interview is designed for you to get to know accenture.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through how you decided to be a consultant and not a high school teacher.   View Answer
    The negotiations are difficult. They will likely tell you that all compensation is based upon a formula that takes into account your school, major, and experience. The best (and possibly only) way to get accenture to budge on the initial offer is to ensure one of the Senior Executives from your interviews really likes you and you should contact them about concerns with the compensation. I was able to successfully negotiate a 15% bump in salary and a 20% bump in signing bonus. I have heard some people were successful by walking away from the offer only to be called back later, but I wouldn't suggest that in this economic environment.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2008.

The interview process was extremely smooth. Results of the first two rounds were given promptly. The questions asked were very fair and were focused on starting a conversation, not just seeing how you acted in certain conditions. Although the questions were generic, the interviewers did a good job of using the questions to start a discussion. All of the questions were the generic behavioral type. During the third round, the questions were more focused on what you would like to do and where you see yourself fitting into the organization. Usually, most people who make it to the third round get an offer. With the economy sour, a decision was never made for me. I was told that decisions were being delayed for the time being. I assume they do this in case they are able to hire they can give out offers. After about three months of waiting, I accepted another offer. The people at Accenture were really friendly and seemed to enjoy what they are doing. I would definitely consider working there in the future. I just wish they would have given me a decision.