Accenture

3.1

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

First round: 30-45 minute in person screen - Why should we hire you over someone else?
    Second round : Behavioral
    Third: At HQ - Did not make it that far, but was told that it would be technical and more behavioral aspects. You would meet with HR as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over someone else?   View Answer

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions
    • One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

I had an employee referral so they are required to reply in a timely manor. After I applied it took about a week for them to contact me to set up a screening interview. I told the recruiter during the screening interview that I had been talking to other employers so they sped the process up for me and I had the next two interviews (behavioral and skills) a few days after. Mine were on the same day which was pretty exhausting so if you can avoid doing that I would. Once I found out I had passed those the confirming interview was the next week, so the entire interview process took a total of 8 days. I found out I passed the confirming interview within hours. BE SURE TO SEND FOLLOW UP EMAILS FOR EACH PROCESS!!! If you do not have emails ask the recruiter to forward them for you.

After the interviews there was a lot of back and fourth with my recruiter about "next steps", setting up negotiation, preparing for background check, etc. This took about two weeks but the background check only took 2 days once they finally started it. It will go fast if you inform all of your employee references- I was told confirming information with them is usually the reason for a background check to take awhile.

The entire process was lengthy but there were no tricks.

Interview Questions
    • Screening (phone): Nothing unexpected. Have a lot of questions prepared. My experience was more of a conversation.

Behavioral (phone): The HR person I interviewed with was incredibly nice. I was asked about 4 question (I was told they were catered to my position and previous experience).
      -How did you build a relationship with someone you have worked with?
      -Tell me about a time you had a conflict in regard to a work situation.
      -Tell me about a specific incidence in which you felt stressed at work.
      I can't remember the last one.

Skills (phone): Again, it was more of a conversation. A department manager and I just did a run-through of my resume and she had some specific questions. There were no curveballs, the most difficult questions were "what inspires you?" and "tell me about a time you had to defend your work."

Confirming (in person): If you make it to this point you are pretty much in. My experience was super casual (but don't assume yours will be). Be prepared to answer questions like "what do you value most in a career?" "why accenture?" and "what type of environments do you work best in?" Most likely they already know you have answered similar questions with the recruiter in the screening interview but want to know that you carry yourself well in "stressful" situations. If you cannot handle a face-to-face interview how can they be sure you can handle client meetings?

View Answer
    Mine wasn't much of a process because up front they told me they would offer me what I asked. I now know I low-balled myself so make sure you do your research and understand the title of the position you are applying for.

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

It's a 4 step interview process.

1 - Phone Screen with recruiter. They will go through your prior experience with a fine tooth comb to determine whether or not you have the years of experience for the role.
    2 - Phone Interview with a manager. This interview with also assess your technical skills for the position.
    3 - Situational/Behavioral Interview with another recruiter.
    4 - Virtual Meeting with hiring manager. At this stage, they have assess your qualifications and experience, now it's determining the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding your experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Phone interview three rounds that also depends on what position you are getting hired there could me more round of phone interviews but at minimum expect three round of interview and then a face-to-face inteview with one of the sposoring partner. After that there will be a behavioural interview to for HR to to understand how you will take a decision depending on the different client situations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a client situation and how did you take the decision   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

First step was an HR call, mostly ask why you're looking and if you're aware of the high amount of travel. Next step was an in person interview with an Executive who did a skills test and immediately after was the confirming interview with another executive where you're given the opportunity to ask any questions you want.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to sketch out on a white board an entire data model -- caught me off guard but went fine.   Answer Question
    No problem negotiating for a slighter higher base (asked for 5k more than I was offered)

Legal Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

The interview may vary, but all have to go through a very grueling interview which includes a personality test. The candidate does not know that it's happening when he/she is being interviewed though. It's Accenture's way of making sure they hire the right people that fit the Accenture culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with your supervisor and why?   View Answer
    Yes - they are very open to negotiating if the candidate is selected.

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Was contacted for a 'Business Intelligence Consultant' role in Australia. Was a phone screen interview and the HR was very impressed with my resume and the skill set and decided to move with the next steps. She mentioned that there will be phone screen interviews by the managers of the different teams. She was quite flexible with the interview timings as I based in the US at that time. Had 6 more phone interviews with the managers based in Australia, Singapore and UK. After the phone screen interviews, I was flown to their Chicago office for a video interview with the Business Intelligence department manager. Interview was ok but he kept on asking me why I want to move to Australia? Was an ok interview with very generic questions. Lots of 'What if' questions but nothing very specific. Was told that the HR would get back to me but I never got any reply from Accenture. Followed up with the HR by emails and a couple of calls but no answer.
    Was extremely unprofessional of Accenture not to provide an answer. Had to go through over 7 hours of interviews but never got the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of 'What if' and career/goal oriented questions. Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Accenture.

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

I applied for a new grad position from Accenture’s careers website. After a HR phone screen I was flown out to Chicago for three interviews. All the interviews were just normal conversations to gage how interact with people/clients. Questions were all situational to see how you would handle a problem.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    For an offer to upcoming college graduates there is no negotiation