Accenture

3.1

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

First round was with a principal and it was purely him assessing whether or not I did my homework and how interested I am in the position and the firm. They emailed me the next day informing me that I will have my second round on campus as well.

I was a lot less impressed by the second round interviewer. He seemed quite burnt out and the interview was quite awkward. No chemistry at all. The whole process is very rigid: you have your standard behavioral questions and you ask questions about the position/firm in the end. Nothing too surprising.

They still haven't gotten back to me about the third round.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

I applied online for a specific Legal Counsel position. I received an email about a week later from an internal recruiter requesting 30 minutes for a screening interview over the phone.

The initial screening interview was conducted within a few days and was pretty standard, though it exceeded my expectations in a sense because the recruiter very clearly laid out several key issues: 1) the specific steps in the interview process; and, 2) the salary range. The interview process for an attorney at Accenture is apparently slightly different than for other positions, according to the recruiter. She told me there would be up to 5 interviews: the initial phone screen interview; 1 or 2 skills interviews; and, 1 or 2 confirming interview (likely to last up to 4 hours each).

I passed the screening interview but did not pass the first skills interview, which was conducted over web video conference and occurred one week after the first screening interview. This interview was not the typical Accenture behavioral interview. It loosely consisted of two parts: a) get to know you/resume review; and, b) case study/issue spotter. All of the questions were fair, though the case study questions were difficult and there is no way I could have anticipated the specific questions.

Overall, I thought the recruiter and the skills interviewer (hiring manager) were professional and prompt. I was disappointed not to move forward, but the hiring manager was respectful enough to tell my why, which I genuinely appreciated.

My only suggestion to Accenture is to make sure the job posting matches the hiring manager's needs/expectations. In my circumstance, the primary expertise he sought for the role was not listed in the job posting. Had I known from the posting what he actually sought/required, I might not have applied for the role.

Interview Questions
    • The questioned concerned what laws/regulations from outside the U.S. applied to a given scenario, and based on those applicable laws/regulations what provisions/clauses needed to be included in a contract of a certain type.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Their system is based in three interviews.
    The first one is a screening that goes through your resume, not a difficult one. In my case it took lest than 10 minutes as I had already talked with my interviewer prior the interview (neither he or me knew he was going to interview me), but usually lasts about 30 minutes.

The second interview lasts for about an hour and is a completely behavioral interview about "Tell about a situation when...". For me this was the most challenging interview among all.

After going through the first two interviews, then they invite you to a on-site interview where you are schedule to do two more interviews with senior managers, about 30 minutes, and these interviews are more like closing interviews with both behavioral and personal experiences questions.

Although i did not received an offer as the managers did not recommended me, I can say that the second interview was the hardest one and the one that you must prepare the most.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to take a risk.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

I was a university hire. I applied on their online careers page and through my university's career service office. There was a pre-night at a local restaurant where we got to talk to members for all of Accenture's service lines.

The first interview was pretty much Tell us about yourself, Why consulting?, Why Accenture?, etc. Very conversational. I actually inserted a few examples in because they didn't really ask for any. I got an email around 8:00pm for a second round interview the next day.

The second round interview started much more behavioral. Tell me about a time you dealed with a difficult team member, when did you work on a project with little direction, etc. I ended up just getting the interview talking about themselves and used my examples to relate.

I found out I got a final round interview the next week and was given 4-6 dates to choose from. I ended up interviewing in their Chicago office 2 weeks later. The final round was two more behavioral interviews with senior directors and managers. One was standard behavioral one was just a conversation the entire time. I just talked about my Europe trip for most of it.

They told me they would get back to me in 3-4 weeks but I requested an accelerated decision and received my offer exactly 1 week after my last interview.

There were no cases, no brain teasers, no trick questions in any of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What will you be doing as an Analyst on a project?   View Answer
    There was really nothing to negotiate on. It was an entry level job and they paid $13,000 more than my next highest offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

I just completed my three-step process for Accenture interview. I will give some details that might help someone in my shoes. I applied at the Accenture website and was contacted by a recruiter in Chicago. She emailed me and asked from my transcripts, as this was an entry-level position. She schedule me for a first round interview with her.

1st round – 20 min interview and mainly talked about my resume. One of the questions she asked was about my extracurricular activities as a student and what was my role in it. Also, What type of research I had done about Accenture. She emailed and confirmed the second round interview the same day (within couple of hours).

2nd round- this is a situation round and they want us to describe specific situations. It mainly had 4 situational questions with multiple follow-up questions for each situation. Each of the situational questions are divided in areas such as teamwork, difficult problem, conflict in a team and meet deadlines. My recommendation is to read all the questions on glass door and write down the answers for it. It really helped me prepare for it. In 3-4 business days I got the confirmation that I have passed this round and would need to fly down to Chicago for an in-person interview.

3rd round – First hour is a lunch and learn session with senior consultants giving insights into the company. It covered areas such as company history, core values, benefits, clients, career counselors, mentors, training, etc. After that I had two 1X1 round interview with senior manager. The first manager I talked to was not very friendly and asked me a lot of questions. I mainly talked about my projects, teamwork, meeting deadlines, etc. Pretty much I gave the same answers I did in my second round. The questions were very similar to second round. The second manager I interviewed with was very friendly and it was so much of fun. He pretty much asked the same questions about the areas I mentioned earlier. Both of them gave me around 15 min to ask questions to them. Make sure these questions are well thought out and should revolve round technology consulting and the company.

Another important tip – The questions on this site under Accenture interview questions are very similar to what they ask in the interview, so make sure you write down the answers for each one of them.

Overall, the interview experience was excellent. I wish other companies follow their lead on how to conduct interviews. They are very professional in dealing with their candidates.

I have not received a job offer yet but eagerly waiting for a response! Hopefully it’s a positive one!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a team?
      Did anyone have a conflict?

Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

1. HR Interview
    2. Skills Interview
    3. Partner Interview

Overall the process is fairly trivial. If you can talk with people, you'll do alright. That said, they will try everything to reduce your level or pay. If you have any leverage at all, do not give on these. Your starting pay will be the absolute key to your compensation going forward as you are not likely to get large bumps or raises (although they are always dangled in front of you)

Interview Questions
    If you are going into consulting and not straight out of college, they will ask you about your salary. Put off answering the question as long as possible, but eventually you will have to give them a number. Shoot as high as possible. Don't worry about shooting above the range, they'll counter. Also ask for signing bonus, relocation, if applicable, etc.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Recruiter phone screen.
    Skills phone interview.
    In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   View Answer

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

The official process was: a screening interview with the recruiter, a skills interview with a peer, a situational interview with an HR interviewer, and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager chose to add an additional group lunch with peers.

Everybody was as professional as you would expect given the caliber of the company. The situational interview was handled very well. Each question followed a specific pattern:
    * ask the question
    * describe what she is looking for in the response
    * repeat the question

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a tight deadline, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Applications Portfolio, Modernization & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Passed first (2) Phases of a (4) interview process in which I was breezing through the process with 25yrs+ worth of global experience. Interviewed w/ Chicago-based Partner of the Practice. Interview went great. Partner communicated to HR that I want more candidates with the exact experience/skill-set that "my name" has, but I pass on "my name." What type of statement is this?

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you tell me the truth and not lye to me. Are you?   View Answer