Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

Interview Details – I just completed my three-step process for Accenture interview. I will give some details that might help someone in my shoes. I applied at the Accenture website and was contacted by a recruiter in Chicago. She emailed me and asked from my transcripts, as this was an entry-level position. She schedule me for a first round interview with her.

1st round – 20 min interview and mainly talked about my resume. One of the questions she asked was about my extracurricular activities as a student and what was my role in it. Also, What type of research I had done about Accenture. She emailed and confirmed the second round interview the same day (within couple of hours).

2nd round- this is a situation round and they want us to describe specific situations. It mainly had 4 situational questions with multiple follow-up questions for each situation. Each of the situational questions are divided in areas such as teamwork, difficult problem, conflict in a team and meet deadlines. My recommendation is to read all the questions on glass door and write down the answers for it. It really helped me prepare for it. In 3-4 business days I got the confirmation that I have passed this round and would need to fly down to Chicago for an in-person interview.

3rd round – First hour is a lunch and learn session with senior consultants giving insights into the company. It covered areas such as company history, core values, benefits, clients, career counselors, mentors, training, etc. After that I had two 1X1 round interview with senior manager. The first manager I talked to was not very friendly and asked me a lot of questions. I mainly talked about my projects, teamwork, meeting deadlines, etc. Pretty much I gave the same answers I did in my second round. The questions were very similar to second round. The second manager I interviewed with was very friendly and it was so much of fun. He pretty much asked the same questions about the areas I mentioned earlier. Both of them gave me around 15 min to ask questions to them. Make sure these questions are well thought out and should revolve round technology consulting and the company.

Another important tip – The questions on this site under Accenture interview questions are very similar to what they ask in the interview, so make sure you write down the answers for each one of them.

Overall, the interview experience was excellent. I wish other companies follow their lead on how to conduct interviews. They are very professional in dealing with their candidates.

I have not received a job offer yet but eagerly waiting for a response! Hopefully it’s a positive one!

Interview Question – Tell me a time you worked in a team?
Did anyone have a conflict?
  Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Management Consulting Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview with HR rep out of the practice area, Follow up with 2 additional phone interviews to determine skill set as well as behavioral interview questions. Flown in for 1 day to meet with 3 high level people. Offer was presented within a week of that face to face interview.

Interview Question – Behavioral SHARE interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate salary

Very Difficult Interview

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Question – Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was continually impressed throughout the interview process with Accenture. The Accenture Recruiter with whom I worked was very good at continuing to explain to me the process, what I could expect next, and persistently followed up regarding my interview process. The hiring decision was thrilling, to work for such a growing and diverse company with such a focus on achieving greatness by empowering their employees to reach their full potential. There were 3 rounds of interviews, an initial phone screening with an HR Recruiter, a second, experience/behavioral interview with a Manager in a related field to where I would be joining, and a third interview with a Senior Executive overseeing the group that I would be joining.

Interview Question – The questions were really straightforward and I do not recall anything out of the ordinary during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accenture had obviously done much research on market value of employees, and they immediately offered me the high end of the range I had presented to them earlier in the interview process. I accepted immediately.

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 1. HR Interview
2. Skills Interview
3. Partner Interview

Overall the process is fairly trivial. If you can talk with people, you'll do alright. That said, they will try everything to reduce your level or pay. If you have any leverage at all, do not give on these. Your starting pay will be the absolute key to your compensation going forward as you are not likely to get large bumps or raises (although they are always dangled in front of you)

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are going into consulting and not straight out of college, they will ask you about your salary. Put off answering the question as long as possible, but eventually you will have to give them a number. Shoot as high as possible. Don't worry about shooting above the range, they'll counter. Also ask for signing bonus, relocation, if applicable, etc.

Experienced Consultant Interview

Experienced Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2008.

Interview Details – 2 consecutive phone interviews. 1st with HR, 2nd with manager level which was more specific and related to experiences in work and team situations, wanting to know your way of thinking and approach in diagnosing and resolving the situation. 3rd interview was flight to Corporate to meet and interview with Partner.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed miserably and did not meet the customers expectations, tell me the circumstances and reasons in reflection and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was good - I did my research and negotiated and got what I wanted

User Experience Manager Interview

User Experience Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – The official process was: a screening interview with the recruiter, a skills interview with a peer, a situational interview with an HR interviewer, and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager chose to add an additional group lunch with peers.

Everybody was as professional as you would expect given the caliber of the company. The situational interview was handled very well. Each question followed a specific pattern:
* ask the question
* describe what she is looking for in the response
* repeat the question

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a tight deadline, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter phone screen.
Skills phone interview.
In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Question – When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was a very long process. Not sure what the result would be. Got offers from other companies but preferred this company over the others because of the brand value and information from the friends. Overall its was a lenghtly and delayed process.

Interview Question – Related to my skill   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was over the phone with an human resources representative. I obtained the interview through a university recruiting event. The interview process and questions focused a lot on academic achievements. The interview questions also focused a lot on organizational involvement while in school. The questions for an engineering position did not lead to my current work experience as an engineer. I had to bring up my current work experience related to engineering. This was a general human resources phone interview to obtain an initial screen of me. Overall sounded like a great company to work for and offers average benefits.

Interview Question – What positions did you hold in organizations at your university?   Answer Question