Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

I had one case study involving HR and operations decisions to be made during a merger for two insurance companies. The interview lasted about an hour with the case taking up about 30 minutes and general resume questions taking up the rest of the time.

Interview Questions
    • The case: HR and operations decisions for a merger between insurance companies   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

3 total interviews. 2 over the phone and 1 face to face. The first 2 were a mix of behavioral questions with problem solving questions as well. Definitely be ready to explain a complex problem and how you have figured out a solution for it. The third interview was just a formaility. If you get past the first 2 you are pretty much locked in to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you had to overcome on a project? What was your solution? Was it a success?   Answer Question
    Pretty simple. I gave the celing based on the market and I got what I wanted. Definitely ask for a sign on bonus.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I have worked at Accenture before but been gone for many years. I was referred by a current employee to a senior executive who was willing to discuss opportunities to come back. There was no specific opportunity in mind when we first met but we had a good interview and brainstormed a number of ideas in conjunction with discussing my background. The interview was very positive with some clear next steps identified but it took nearly a month for the next step to happen - a cursory screening interview with HR.

HR took another month to arrange a second interview within the hiring group and unfortunately, it was not the group that had been discussed in my first interview. It was however a group that my first interviewer was affiliated with so that was a positive as it indicated I had made a strong impression on my first interviewer. Still, the elapsed time of two months was a red flag.

The second interview was a case interview with someone at the same level that I was applying for (senior manager) and I think it went very well. I "cracked the case" within a few minutes and more importantly, I think I did a good job demonstrating my thought process. We discussed other topics for the balance of the interview including what the challenges might be in coming back to consulting.

Two weeks later I was informed by HR that the second (case) interview went well but the first interviewer had decided not to proceed with my candidacy because of a lack of industry depth. This might be legitimate but it's unclear why this became an issue so late into the process. HR has indicated they will look for a better fit for me within the company. It's unclear if this is the brush off or a legitimate desire to find a place for me with Accenture.

At this point, I'm more lukewarm on Accenture as a company simply because of the lack of transparency and decisiveness evidenced by the process. The people I met were top drawer, so I don't want to judge them too harshly based on one experience. I know there are external factors such as the economy and the impending year end for the company (end of this month) as well as the real possibility that there might be another opportunities for me with Accenture. Until some time has passed, I probably won't be able to finalize my opinion of the process as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asking me to imagine where I would best fit in.   View Answer
    • Questions asking me to relate my previous non-consulting work experience to the skills and experience that consultants require.   View Answer

Experienced QA/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Process was easier due to alumni status. Interview process involved 3 phones and 1 in person meeting with hr as a formality/answer any questions I had. Then after that I called to follow up and was called back later that same day for an offer with specific start date 2 weeks forward

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were QA related based on experience   Answer Question
    None it accepted offer

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

There are multiple steps in the process and all of the can be completed over the phone until the last interview. This is in person or via tele-presence. I had a total or six interviews, one per week. I had more than the normal amount because I originally applied for one position and was rejected. However, with a couple of days I was offered the chance to interview for my current position. You must have documentation to back up your experience.

I didn't negotiate - they offered me a salary in the range I needed. I also received a signing bonus, due to the fact that I would be ineligible for a promotion that year.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

First initial interview (phone) was with the recruiter who assessed if my skills and experiences fit the consulting manager position that they're looking for. The 2nd interview (phone) was with a senior manager who conducted the Situational Interview. It was challenging but very positive. The interviewer was very professional. The next day I heard the feedback from my recruiter. The 3rd interview (phone) was with another senior manager to assess my skills and knowledge. This was a fun interview for me as I was able to relate a lot of my experiences with the interviewer. We had a very good conversation and went overtime. They gave me the feedback the next morning that I'm moving on to the final interview. Final interview was a face-to-face meeting with a partner from the Chicago office. It was the best interview I've ever done. Very honest and it ended up more like a discussion than a Q&A session. I had the interview in the morning, and in the afternoon, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they would like to offer me the position. In all, a very positive experience. It moved very fast and was very organized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project situation with an extremely tight deadline. and what you did to make sure that the project was delivered on time?   View Answer
    • What is the most challenging situation you ever come up with in a project? How did you solve it?   View Answer
    Consider that as an experienced hire, you are generally making more money than the people (at your level) who started their career in Accenture. So, leave a little bit of flexibility for negotiation. If you ask too much, generally, they will decline.

Process and Performance Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2011.

The process consisted of a phone screen, two phone interviews with partners, a behavioral interview with an HR resource, onsite interview where I met with two senior managers individually.

Questions and process was easy, however they never followed up after the interviews other than to say I was done with the proces, and they were going to do some planning on resource needs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a project you have led and some of the skills you have used.   Answer Question

CIO - Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

First interview over the phone, lasted 30 minutes, very basic overview of my resume and the position. Next interview was over the phone, behavioral type questions, lasted about 30 minutes. Got a call a week later saying that I had made it to the final round and was invited to the Chicago office for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 was very basic, talked about myself and the position, no tough/technical questions. Got a call 2 weeks later and was informed that I had not been selected for the position. Overall, HR and my recruiter were very friendly, easy to talk to. The most important interview was definetly the 2nd phone interview / behavioral interview - seemed like they weed out most candidates at this stage in the interview process. Still bummed I didn't get the job...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Was a very casual interview process. Had I think 3 phone interviews that you weren't too bad, then got flown out to my location of choice (New York, Chicago, Denver) and did a group information session followed by rotating personal interviews. Everyone was pretty nice, the pay was better then other companies, and there were tons of opportunities at the company - so I took it!

No negotiation at all which was very frustrating. She wouldn't allow it. But in hind sight, I was already being paid very close to the top of the pay scale for a new analyst.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Quick 20 minute introductory call to feel provide some basic information about Accenture. Then, a more in depth hour long call which was a situational interview. An on site half day event with hosts and two 40 minute interviews with executives. The interviews focused on situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a large team project.   Answer Question
    Signing bonuses can be negotiated. Rates are more difficult as they are based on college attended.