Accenture

Very Difficult Interview

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Question – Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was continually impressed throughout the interview process with Accenture. The Accenture Recruiter with whom I worked was very good at continuing to explain to me the process, what I could expect next, and persistently followed up regarding my interview process. The hiring decision was thrilling, to work for such a growing and diverse company with such a focus on achieving greatness by empowering their employees to reach their full potential. There were 3 rounds of interviews, an initial phone screening with an HR Recruiter, a second, experience/behavioral interview with a Manager in a related field to where I would be joining, and a third interview with a Senior Executive overseeing the group that I would be joining.

Interview Question – The questions were really straightforward and I do not recall anything out of the ordinary during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accenture had obviously done much research on market value of employees, and they immediately offered me the high end of the range I had presented to them earlier in the interview process. I accepted immediately.

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 1. HR Interview
2. Skills Interview
3. Partner Interview

Overall the process is fairly trivial. If you can talk with people, you'll do alright. That said, they will try everything to reduce your level or pay. If you have any leverage at all, do not give on these. Your starting pay will be the absolute key to your compensation going forward as you are not likely to get large bumps or raises (although they are always dangled in front of you)

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are going into consulting and not straight out of college, they will ask you about your salary. Put off answering the question as long as possible, but eventually you will have to give them a number. Shoot as high as possible. Don't worry about shooting above the range, they'll counter. Also ask for signing bonus, relocation, if applicable, etc.

Experienced Consultant Interview

Experienced Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2008.

Interview Details – 2 consecutive phone interviews. 1st with HR, 2nd with manager level which was more specific and related to experiences in work and team situations, wanting to know your way of thinking and approach in diagnosing and resolving the situation. 3rd interview was flight to Corporate to meet and interview with Partner.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed miserably and did not meet the customers expectations, tell me the circumstances and reasons in reflection and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was good - I did my research and negotiated and got what I wanted

User Experience Manager Interview

User Experience Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – The official process was: a screening interview with the recruiter, a skills interview with a peer, a situational interview with an HR interviewer, and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager chose to add an additional group lunch with peers.

Everybody was as professional as you would expect given the caliber of the company. The situational interview was handled very well. Each question followed a specific pattern:
* ask the question
* describe what she is looking for in the response
* repeat the question

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a tight deadline, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter phone screen.
Skills phone interview.
In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Question – When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was a very long process. Not sure what the result would be. Got offers from other companies but preferred this company over the others because of the brand value and information from the friends. Overall its was a lenghtly and delayed process.

Interview Question – Related to my skill   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was over the phone with an human resources representative. I obtained the interview through a university recruiting event. The interview process and questions focused a lot on academic achievements. The interview questions also focused a lot on organizational involvement while in school. The questions for an engineering position did not lead to my current work experience as an engineer. I had to bring up my current work experience related to engineering. This was a general human resources phone interview to obtain an initial screen of me. Overall sounded like a great company to work for and offers average benefits.

Interview Question – What positions did you hold in organizations at your university?   Answer Question

Senior Sharepoint Architect Interview

Senior Sharepoint Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Technical Resource Manager, who was not very technical and language barrier was extreme. They had to reschedule interview, as I could not understand the initial resource. Call lasted apporximately 45 Min, afterwhich the recruiter called me to explain the next process.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between SharePoint Designer, Visula Studio and K2 Black Pear, as relates to uses as a workflow tool.   Answer Question
  • Can you use custom code in designer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The travel requirements of 75% exceeded my expectations.

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

Interview Details – There are multiple steps in the process and all of the can be completed over the phone until the last interview. This is in person or via tele-presence. I had a total or six interviews, one per week. I had more than the normal amount because I originally applied for one position and was rejected. However, with a couple of days I was offered the chance to interview for my current position. You must have documentation to back up your experience.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate - they offered me a salary in the range I needed. I also received a signing bonus, due to the fact that I would be ineligible for a promotion that year.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture