Accenture

Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.4

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Two phone interview which were pretty easy and asked questions like "when is an example when you did this..." They all were easily relatable to any internship or previous job. Then I had a 3 hour interview with an Analyst, Specialist, and Manager. This was a little more in depth, they wanted to see if I had experience that would make me a good fit for an Analyst position and to make sure I would be able to fit with the team.

Interview Questions
  • What is an opinion you feel strongly about that is not widely held by others?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

A 3 step process.

First, a phone screen with HR to go over your resume a bit in order to ensure that your skills match the role and that you truly have an interest in it.

Then, an hour long behavioral interview where you recall experiences from your past. I was asked four questions. It is best to use the STAR technique when answering these questions. The questions asked were: "Describe a situation where you had a good working relationship." "What is your most significant accomplishment?" "Name a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult coworker/teammate." "Have you ever been in a situation where you had a lot of assignments but a limited amount of time to complete them?"

The final step is an on-site interview in which you meet separately with 4 employees over about a 4 hour period. You meet with an analyst, a specialist, a project manager, and then another manager. The analyst simply asks you to speak a bit about yourself (run through your resume) and what you know about the company and the role. Then he/she will give you a detailed run through of the position. It is very important and it is expected for you to take notes. You'll be asked the same questions later about Accenture and the role, and your answer should constantly improve as the process goes on. They want to see that you can retain information and communicate it effectively. Then you meet with a specialist and he/she will ask scenario-driven position specific questions as well as follow ups to test your financial acumen (examples below). The next two interviews are just a run through of specific points on your resume. I was asked to explain some of my responsibilities in past internships and some extra curricular work. One thing I did notice is that there was a contrast in personalities between the managers. One was laid back and very informal while the other was stone-faced and very serious. So be prepared to handle conflicting personalities and always show that you have a deep interest in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Specialist questions: "Name a time when you foresaw a problem." "Discuss a time where you conducted a financial analysis in order to discover an area in which a company could improve. What did you find?" "Have you ever done a budget or forecast?" "Discuss a time where you motivated a team or a group of individuals." "   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation since it is an entry-level position

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Previous reviews on Glassdoor are all an accurate indication on how the process will be. I heard back 2 weeks after submitting my application online. The interview process is three steps. Step one is the initial phone screening with the recruiter who wants to assess what you know about the role and some background about you in regards to the experience and why you want to work for Accenture. After you pass that, step two is a situational interview. This will be done over the phone and will last 45-60 minutes depending on questions and follow-up questions/explanations. The interviewer will have 4 scheduled questions to ask and then based on the answers you give will ask additional follow-up questions. Just make sure you have strong work-related or academic examples to back up the questions. Prepare accordingly. Step three is the final round. This is where you come to the local Accenture office and get interviewed by an Analyst, a Specialist, and a Manager. The analyst is a peer interview, more based on your fit. The Specialist interview is a skills interview to make sure you have the required financial acumen to be successful in the role. The Manager interview is last and again is more based on whether you'd be a good addition to the team. From the time of first interview to last took approximately 2 and a half weeks.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked on a budget, financial analysis, forecast? When is a time you took a risk? When have you identified an error in client information?   Answer Question
    Entry level position so not much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

I had one phone interview. I talked about my work experience and why I wanted to work there. It was a very standard procedure interview. The interviewer seemed friendly. Unfortunately I was not chosen to move forward in the process. I have heard that it is very grueling as there were at least two face to face interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

1. Contacted an employee in the company to refer me
    2. Recruiter called to ask which positions I wanted to apply for
    3. Another recruiter called to match my resume skills to the job description
    4. Hiring manager called and conducted a situational-based interview. The questions were simple i.e. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult classmate, have you ever been in a project with a tight deadline
    5. Flew to DC on my own dime to have a interview with an analyst, specialist, and manager in the duration of 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • You have $10 million dollars in expenses. You're halfway into a project and the profit margin decreases 5%. What are some managerial actions you would take to remedy the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

Contacted almost immediately after applying for the position. Spoke briefly with a general recruiter (that reviewed applications) who then assigned me to my "official" recruiter. My official recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone interview with a specific employee. It was stated in the confirmation that it would be a behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was about 45 minutes long. Typical behavioral interview questions- nothing to be overly concerned about. Just be prepared for the usual. Recruiter contacted me again stating I had been selected for an in person interview in the Arlington office. My interview was scheduled for 1230 in Arlington. I was there from 1230-430. (Four 1 hour interviews) First interview- overview of the position. Second interview- starting to get into skills, review of the position. Third interview- some behavioral, skill questions. Fourth interview- Overview of everything stated, questions about experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with budgets and/ or forecasting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Referral base. If you know someone within the company have them refer you and most likely you will get an interview. Very seldom do they higher without a referral.

Interview Questions
    • You might be asked to perform a SQL problem on a white board.   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

1. I applied on Monster
    2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
    3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
    4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
    5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
    6. Interview finally scheduled
    7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
    8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   View Answer