Accenture Client Financial Management Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

3.3

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Accenture through both phone and email. He set up the initial phone interview fairly quickly. I spoke with anther HR individual about the position, my interests, etc. It was fairly standard, just make sure you know what Accenture does, what the position is, and why you want it.
I was then contacted about 3 days later saying I made it to the next round, which was a behavioral phone interview that would last 30-45 mins. For this I spoke with a new person, and I had to relay examples of my experiences in leadership roles, dealing with difficult team members, etc. Be detailed and know the examples you'll use ahead of time. I was then contacted about 3-4 days later to set up a final in-person interview with 4 members of the Client Financial Management team. They were very nice; make sure you study up on the company and role extensively and you should do fine!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level so thus no room to really negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started off with a brief phone interview asking about my background and career goals. Then, an hour long behavioral interview over the phone where they asked a bunch of situational questions. Afterwards, you are brought into the office for a 3 hour interview where you have 4 half hour to one hour interviews with members of the CFM team from analysts to senior manager. Know your resume down cold, and be sure to take notes in the beginning when the position is described in detail, because you will be asked multiple times what you know about the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone screen. Received a follow up to interview in person about a week later. In person interview consisted of a peer interview, a skills interview and then a confirmation interview.

It really helped to be super informed about Accenture and it's culture. They also had me solve a problem on a white board but they walked me through the entire thing so it wasn't bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you improved something and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and did a run through of the recruiting process. Due to being a recent college graduate with minimal experience, I was scheduled to a situational interview. Situational interviewer did not really allow me to answer the questions since she kept interrupting. I did not feel like it was fair interview and never experienced a behavioral interview like this one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Two phone interview which were pretty easy and asked questions like "when is an example when you did this..." They all were easily relatable to any internship or previous job. Then I had a 3 hour interview with an Analyst, Specialist, and Manager. This was a little more in depth, they wanted to see if I had experience that would make me a good fit for an Analyst position and to make sure I would be able to fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• What is an opinion you feel strongly about that is not widely held by others?   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

A 3 step process.

First, a phone screen with HR to go over your resume a bit in order to ensure that your skills match the role and that you truly have an interest in it.

Then, an hour long behavioral interview where you recall experiences from your past. I was asked four questions. It is best to use the STAR technique when answering these questions. The questions asked were: "Describe a situation where you had a good working relationship." "What is your most significant accomplishment?" "Name a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult coworker/teammate." "Have you ever been in a situation where you had a lot of assignments but a limited amount of time to complete them?"

The final step is an on-site interview in which you meet separately with 4 employees over about a 4 hour period. You meet with an analyst, a specialist, a project manager, and then another manager. The analyst simply asks you to speak a bit about yourself (run through your resume) and what you know about the company and the role. Then he/she will give you a detailed run through of the position. It is very important and it is expected for you to take notes. You'll be asked the same questions later about Accenture and the role, and your answer should constantly improve as the process goes on. They want to see that you can retain information and communicate it effectively. Then you meet with a specialist and he/she will ask scenario-driven position specific questions as well as follow ups to test your financial acumen (examples below). The next two interviews are just a run through of specific points on your resume. I was asked to explain some of my responsibilities in past internships and some extra curricular work. One thing I did notice is that there was a contrast in personalities between the managers. One was laid back and very informal while the other was stone-faced and very serious. So be prepared to handle conflicting personalities and always show that you have a deep interest in the role.

Interview Questions

• Specialist questions: "Name a time when you foresaw a problem." "Discuss a time where you conducted a financial analysis in order to discover an area in which a company could improve. What did you find?" "Have you ever done a budget or forecast?" "Discuss a time where you motivated a team or a group of individuals." "   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since it is an entry-level position

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Previous reviews on Glassdoor are all an accurate indication on how the process will be. I heard back 2 weeks after submitting my application online. The interview process is three steps. Step one is the initial phone screening with the recruiter who wants to assess what you know about the role and some background about you in regards to the experience and why you want to work for Accenture. After you pass that, step two is a situational interview. This will be done over the phone and will last 45-60 minutes depending on questions and follow-up questions/explanations. The interviewer will have 4 scheduled questions to ask and then based on the answers you give will ask additional follow-up questions. Just make sure you have strong work-related or academic examples to back up the questions. Prepare accordingly. Step three is the final round. This is where you come to the local Accenture office and get interviewed by an Analyst, a Specialist, and a Manager. The analyst is a peer interview, more based on your fit. The Specialist interview is a skills interview to make sure you have the required financial acumen to be successful in the role. The Manager interview is last and again is more based on whether you'd be a good addition to the team. From the time of first interview to last took approximately 2 and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on a budget, financial analysis, forecast? When is a time you took a risk? When have you identified an error in client information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level position so not much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Interview

I had one phone interview. I talked about my work experience and why I wanted to work there. It was a very standard procedure interview. The interviewer seemed friendly. Unfortunately I was not chosen to move forward in the process. I have heard that it is very grueling as there were at least two face to face interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Contacted an employee in the company to refer me
    2. Recruiter called to ask which positions I wanted to apply for
    3. Another recruiter called to match my resume skills to the job description
    4. Hiring manager called and conducted a situational-based interview. The questions were simple i.e. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult classmate, have you ever been in a project with a tight deadline
    5. Flew to DC on my own dime to have a interview with an analyst, specialist, and manager in the duration of 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• You have $10 million dollars in expenses. You're halfway into a project and the profit margin decreases 5%. What are some managerial actions you would take to remedy the project?   Answer Question