Accenture

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Question – know all about the role   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview Details – Referral base. If you know someone within the company have them refer you and most likely you will get an interview. Very seldom do they higher without a referral.

Interview Question – You might be asked to perform a SQL problem on a white board.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate.

Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was not too difficult. The 1st interview was with HR. The 2nd interview was with a finance professional (behavioral interview). The final interview was an in office interview with 3 different people (peer, supervisor, manager). The peer interview consist of detailed information about the role. The supervisor interview was a skills interview. The manager interview was a closing interview.

Interview Question – They did not ask any unexpected questions during interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as it was an entry level position.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – I had one phone interview. I talked about my work experience and why I wanted to work there. It was a very standard procedure interview. The interviewer seemed friendly. Unfortunately I was not chosen to move forward in the process. I have heard that it is very grueling as there were at least two face to face interviews.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Contacted an employee in the company to refer me
2. Recruiter called to ask which positions I wanted to apply for
3. Another recruiter called to match my resume skills to the job description
4. Hiring manager called and conducted a situational-based interview. The questions were simple i.e. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult classmate, have you ever been in a project with a tight deadline
5. Flew to DC on my own dime to have a interview with an analyst, specialist, and manager in the duration of 3 hours.

Interview Question – You have $10 million dollars in expenses. You're halfway into a project and the profit margin decreases 5%. What are some managerial actions you would take to remedy the project?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted almost immediately after applying for the position. Spoke briefly with a general recruiter (that reviewed applications) who then assigned me to my "official" recruiter. My official recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone interview with a specific employee. It was stated in the confirmation that it would be a behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was about 45 minutes long. Typical behavioral interview questions- nothing to be overly concerned about. Just be prepared for the usual. Recruiter contacted me again stating I had been selected for an in person interview in the Arlington office. My interview was scheduled for 1230 in Arlington. I was there from 1230-430. (Four 1 hour interviews) First interview- overview of the position. Second interview- starting to get into skills, review of the position. Third interview- some behavioral, skill questions. Fourth interview- Overview of everything stated, questions about experience, etc.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with budgets and/ or forecasting?   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.

Interview Questions

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – I applied online for this specific role in May 2011 and I heard from them (mid June 2011) for a phone interview. All together I had 2 phone interviews, I had one phone interview that consisted of them telling me about the position. My 2nd interview (Mid July 2011) was another phone interview that was situational based ("tell me about a time"), very easygoing not too hard and very conversational. My last interview (Late July 2011) was an on site interview which lasted about an hour and a half. In interviewed with 3 people, an analyst, a specialist, and a senior manager. In the analyst interview, he asked me about some of the jobs on my resume (Know what's on your RESUME!!!) and we had a few situational based questions, he was conversational as well. In the specialist interview, we went over my skills. Not hard at all, she just asked me about times I had worked on a budget, worked on an analysis, and times that I worked with teams. The last interview with the senior manager was very easy as well. We didn't talk about much, she just explained to me the atmosphere at Accenture. All in all the interview process was fairly easy, but I prepared for my interviews for many hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I finally got an offer in Mid August 2011, no negotiation available.

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1. I applied on Monster
2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
6. Interview finally scheduled
7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Question – How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   View Answer

Reston, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – spoke with a recruiter by phone about my resume, my experience, and the position as a CFM. I was then referred to the next steps of the interview process which was a situational phone interview and an in-person interview at the Reston office. The in-person interviews were scheduled first. I met with 5 Accenture employees-an analyst, a specialist, 2 managers, and a senior manager. Each interviewer asked about my knowledge about the company and what I know about the position as a CFM. I was also asked basic interview questions.
The situational phone interview unfortunately was my downfall. I thought I did my best in answering the questions but the Accenture employee didn't like my answers even though I reiterated the same answers with the in-person interviewers. Advice: be very specific and supplement your answer with an example/experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had to build credibility for a supervisor, boss, or co-worker? (one of the situational phone interview questions); Tell me a situation about a recent accomplishment ( be very detailed and explain how you accomplished it); Tell me a situation in which you accomplished a significant task in which you did not work with the people in your team   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Client Financial Management Analyst interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.