Accenture

www.accenture.com

Accenture Client Financial Management Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in Reston, VA

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.

Interview Questions

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1. I applied on Monster
2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
6. Interview finally scheduled
7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Question – How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   View Answer

Reston, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – spoke with a recruiter by phone about my resume, my experience, and the position as a CFM. I was then referred to the next steps of the interview process which was a situational phone interview and an in-person interview at the Reston office. The in-person interviews were scheduled first. I met with 5 Accenture employees-an analyst, a specialist, 2 managers, and a senior manager. Each interviewer asked about my knowledge about the company and what I know about the position as a CFM. I was also asked basic interview questions.
The situational phone interview unfortunately was my downfall. I thought I did my best in answering the questions but the Accenture employee didn't like my answers even though I reiterated the same answers with the in-person interviewers. Advice: be very specific and supplement your answer with an example/experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had to build credibility for a supervisor, boss, or co-worker? (one of the situational phone interview questions); Tell me a situation about a recent accomplishment ( be very detailed and explain how you accomplished it); Tell me a situation in which you accomplished a significant task in which you did not work with the people in your team   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!