Accenture Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Accenture recruiting scheduled a telephone interview requiring me to take time off work, only to receive a phone call stating the position had been filled. The recruiter stated they were already in the interview process and had chosen an applicant. At no point was a courtesy email sent to provide such information. I know believe that many of the reviews on Glassdoor are correct. This multi-billion/ multi-national company has zero respect for individuals. Also, the recruiters call was over twenty minutes late.

Interview Questions

• They have already been conducting interviews, and have decided to fill the position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter followed by a technical interview with an expert and third, a behavior interview. The offer came two days after the last interview. All the interviewers were nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• What R package have you used to visualize results.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one technical and one personal. Then formal face to face interview with follow up personality interview to determine if you can put up with consulting lifestyle. Met with managing director of practice to ensure that I was the right fit.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in June 2015.

Interview

Process was very professional. Great recruiter that was extremely helpful in preparing me for interview and setting expectations. Process includes blend on phone and in-person interviews. Interviews included a mixture of interviewers that would be leadership and peers to get a full view of the team and day-to-day expectations.

Interview Questions

Better offer from another company - less travel and more base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was one round of phone screen which went pretty well,I was asked about my domain knowledge and previous work experience in a business perspective. The interview was very generic, not much into the technical details, It was a 20 minute conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews: 1. Initial screening 2. Personality 3. Technical/case study 4. Confirming interview with MD Recruiters prep you very well for the interview. As long as you do your homework and outline what you want to communicate, you'll be fine. I wrote out every section of what I wanted to communicate before the calls. Oh, and look up your interviewer on LinkedIn prior to the interview. Then you can steer your questions and comments towards something relevant from their background and bond over it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond on a team.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was recommended by multiple executives for an interview as a Consulting Manager. This allowed me to skip the standard screening interview and progress directly to a final round interview with a Managing Director. The interview was unstructured and completely subjective. Rather than a behavioral or situational interview, the interviewer just asked me to tell her about my work experience that I thought was the most relevant to the role. She recommend for me to be brought in as a Consultant with 2 years at level, rather than as a Manager. She made it clear that this was based on my MBA, which is not from a top-10 school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience that is most relevant for consulting.   Answer Question

The offer I received was attractive and in line with those reported on managementconsulted. Of course, I made a counter offer. This was rejected without any negotiation or change to my offer, and I was told that my offer was already more than they normally would have given. I found this very unprofessional, and so went with an equivalent offer from a competing firm.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process took months. There were four interviews after the initial screening: behavioral, experience, in person with a senior manager, phone with a partner. Before each interview they sent information about how to prepare and what kinds of questions would be asked. The recruiter also prepared me with tips about the kind of information they would be looking for.

Interview Questions

• Honestly I can't remember any difficult questions. It was very straightforward and I prepared thoroughly. The most difficult thing was staying prepared and enthuastic during the months that it took.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I researched beforehand and the offer came in at the exact figures I was going to ask for based upon the title, location, experience and company. Very straightforward and fair.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied online for a graduate posting and was called within a week for a 1st round phone interview off site. First round was scheduled for two 45-minute parts: behavioural and case components. The behavioural interview was with a manager who asked - Why Accenture? Why consulting? Tell me about a time when you lead a team? What was the impact? Are you comfortable with travel? The case was about a market entry for a luxury goods store - tested strategy, math and execution planning. Received a call the next day inviting me to 2nd round and scheduled for the following week. 2nd round was with also two 45-minute parts: case and behavioural. Case interview was made up of 2 pseudo mini-cases - very structure heavy but no data to collect which made it very difficult. Final interview was with a senior exec was mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions about the company. Was told that I'd have a response within a week - that was 6 weeks ago, but haven't heard back. Overall not a bad experience - except not getting a response has been extremely unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Business Case:"How would you approach a JV?" & "How would you convince a team to go along with your idea?" Behavioural: "Tell me about yourself - walk me through a project you're proud of".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Received a call on Monday and had my first screen interview, on Tuesday had a second interview it was a behavioral questions, on Friday was invited on-site interview to their office it was a case study with one manager and then with another manager if I am a good fir to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you passion about? If you have 1 million dollars what would you do?   Answer Question