Accenture

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

173 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied online for a graduate posting and was called within a week for a 1st round phone interview off site. First round was scheduled for two 45-minute parts: behavioural and case components. The behavioural interview was with a manager who asked - Why Accenture? Why consulting? Tell me about a time when you lead a team? What was the impact? Are you comfortable with travel? The case was about a market entry for a luxury goods store - tested strategy, math and execution planning. Received a call the next day inviting me to 2nd round and scheduled for the following week.

2nd round was with also two 45-minute parts: case and behavioural. Case interview was made up of 2 pseudo mini-cases - very structure heavy but no data to collect which made it very difficult. Final interview was with a senior exec was mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions about the company.

Was told that I'd have a response within a week - that was 6 weeks ago, but haven't heard back.

Overall not a bad experience - except not getting a response has been extremely unpleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Business Case:"How would you approach a JV?" & "How would you convince a team to go along with your idea?"

Behavioural: "Tell me about yourself - walk me through a project you're proud of".
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

Received a call on Monday and had my first screen interview, on Tuesday had a second interview it was a behavioral questions, on Friday was invited on-site interview to their office it was a case study with one manager and then with another manager if I am a good fir to the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passion about? If you have 1 million dollars what would you do?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews with a case given in each interview. Each interview started with the typical "walk me through your resume", "why consulting", "why Accenture?". Then the interviewer proceeded to give details on the case with about 30 minutes allotted to solve it. Cases are based on interviewer's past experience with actual clients. Be prepared for cases specific to the interviewer's concentration (healthcare, banking, etc...)

Interview Questions
    • All questions revolved around a case study based off of interviewer's experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

The process took months. There were four interviews after the initial screening: behavioral, experience, in person with a senior manager, phone with a partner. Before each interview they sent information about how to prepare and what kinds of questions would be asked. The recruiter also prepared me with tips about the kind of information they would be looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember any difficult questions. It was very straightforward and I prepared thoroughly. The most difficult thing was staying prepared and enthuastic during the months that it took.   Answer Question
    I researched beforehand and the offer came in at the exact figures I was going to ask for based upon the title, location, experience and company. Very straightforward and fair.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Initial interview, behavioral interview, skills interview, then final Skype interview with a Partner. Very helpful HR throughout the process; interviews with Manager and Partner were comfortable and they were very friendly. Enjoyed talking to them

Interview Questions
    • How do you decide which variables to use in an analysis?   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation but there is a cap for how much consultants are offered in specific regions

Consultant Interview

I interviewed with Accenture when I was in business school and went through the typical recruiting process of preparing for behavior and case interviews. I met with 2 people during the first round interviews while on campus and then 3 additional people in the Philadelphia office for Accenture.

Consultant Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later by a technical recruiter. Recruiter screened my resume and asked basic questions about experience and background. Situational interview was about biggest accomplishments and challenges you faced and how well you work with a team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

3 interview process. First interview is an hour conversation which focuses on behavioral interview questions. Second interview is strictly skill-based (but with some behavioral aspects). Third interview is with a MD - which means it is basically a shoe in, but you don't want to mess that up.

Interview Questions
    • None really - just don't sound like a robot   View Answer
    You can negotiate - don't sell yourself short.

Consultant Interview

People seemed very nice and everyone seemed very interested and attnetive to the interview. Company is known for diversity so they were emphasizing that part of the culture. Some of the people were quite helpful and friendly when interviewing and they encouraged questions, which seemed like they care. I would recommend people to prepare with many different cases as I froze as I was trying to answer some o the questions. Analytical question prep is a plus, which I lacked. Try to be as detailed and as creative as possible. Relax and try to be yourself. As well, since there is no time limit, try to take some time as you come up with your answers, no rush. I think I rushed too much and stumbled quite a bit. Typical behavioral questions were asked as well. Work experience in the similar field would be a plus, but I did not have any.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were quite technical, and some of their questions were straight out of typical consulting case manuals. Nothing out of ordinary   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Be hired is an easy stuff: when Accenture need a resource, they hire the whoever is willing to join among the ones with compatible skills. Process is easy: first you get contacted by HR, then have an interview by a Senior Manager - who'll talk all the time - and then you'll meet a Senior Executive - who generally is not interested in you. Expect them to push you high to accept their offer.

If you're really interested in getting hired by Accenture - don't give up the negotiation. The are in a hurry, not you. You can get the money you expect, simply keep negotiating.