Accenture Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

3.1

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

4 interviews, 1st with HR, 2nd situation, 3rd skilled and 4th and final interview (at this point job is yours to loose) with Managing Director. Tedious and long process

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consultant Interview

Assessment consist in a group interview where they will be presented some companies cases, each of the candidates have to propose his own solution and discuss each others in order to achieve a common solution.

I had another offer.

The interview process Consisted of 3 rounds

My recruiter was great and knowledgeable, she updated me on the process of the interviews and expectations beforehand.

1st Round of Interviews -

(Duration = 30-40 Min ) (Type = Phone Interview)

It was a phone screening with the recruiter, she basically went over my resume and the details mentioned within it, to asses my experiences and knowledge for the bases of the job I was applying for.

2nd Round of Interviews -

(Duration = 50 - 60 Min) (Type = Phone Interview)

The interview revolved around situational, and behavioral questions such as :

I- Tell me about a time when you had taken a leadership role?
    II-Tell me about a time when you where able to impress a client or a person in a higher position?
    III- How did you handle meeting a tight deadline and how did you reduce time to follow up?
    IV- How did it feel to reach the goals you set?
    V- Have you had to convince a team to work on a project they weren't thrilled about? How did you deal with it?
    VI- Give me example of how you worked on some thing with a team?
    Etc...

This interviews main intention is to asses how you would interact in certain situations and how you handle them based on your past experiences.
    what you need to do is to be concise in your answers, and to elaborate on your own personal experiences as much as possible.
    The interviewer was great and made me feel very relaxed before we started.

3rd Round of Interviews -

(Duration = Attend 2 Hr presentation & 45 min interview ) (Type = In Person / face to face)

The Interview is conducted with two senior managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The interview process was pretty quick compared to other consulting firms. My recruiter was great - she kept me up to speed on everything, told me beforehand what type of interview/questions would be asked so I could prepare and responded the next day after each interview.

Consists of 4-5 interviews (I had an extra interview with another Mgr of the same group - normally it is only 4 interviews total)

1st rd - phone screen with Recruiter

2nd rd - past experience phone interview with Manager of the practice I was applying to. Discussed my past, what skills I have that are pertinent to the group, how I would fit in, etc. Some technical questions were asked, however not very difficult.

3rd rd - behavioral interview by phone with HR. She was great and made me feel very relaxed before we began. Tell me about a time where xx questions. I had the flexibility to skip some questions where I could not provide an example of which was a great option (however I did not exercise it). Told stories of different engagements I have been on.

4th rd - skills phone interview with another Manager I was applying to. He asked more technical questions in nature.

5th rd - face to face with Sr Exec. I went into the office to talk to the Sr Exec. We were scheduled for 1 hr however began early and ran about 80 min total. The Sr Exec talked a majority of the time and offered great insight/history of the company and practice. Kind of sold me on Accenture although I had already been sold after hearing what each interviewer said about the company/practice.

Received great feedback the next business day and an offer 2 days after. I had another offer at the time so I asked for 48 hrs to give a reply and they were fine with it.

Interview Questions
    • What are the implications of a SQL injection? How do you prevent it?   View Answer
    • If you could only have one, client side or server side validation, which would you pick?   View Answer
    Negotiated a few more on the base (4%) as I had another offer on my end.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview process consisted of 5 total interviews. 2 skills assessments, 1 situational interview, and 2 face to face interviews with Senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult time you had with a client and how you over came that situation? Once you get through the skills assessment interviews then you are golden.   View Answers (2)
    Not really much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Many interviews (3+). Slow process. It is not true that if you make it to the final round you will get an offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Accenture.

5 phone interviews and one in person at the HQ in Chicago. Tow rounds are with recruiters and 3,4 and fifth are with the experts in your field. If you are experienced, it is not an issue.

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiation - salaries are set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

First you usually get a call from HR to go thru your résumé to see if you are qualified as you say on paper. Usually, if thru like you, they will tell you immediately that they will schedule you to speak with someone on the team the role is for. If they say "I'll pass your info along to the managers to see if there a fit", you won't get a call back and you have to start the search all over.

Next, they do a behavioral with someone on the phone who asks tell me about a time you had a difficult coworker, a time you were a leader, a time you were thrown in a hectic situation, a time you failed, etc. the answers should always relate to the role you are applying for.

Then, a skills interview which is usually another walk thru your résumé but may be technical as far as product knowledge or systems used.

Finally, it's the final interview. Accenture case studies I have was describing how I would go thru the process of trying to assess a new reporting requirement a CFO wanted to implement (systems, people, processes, etc.). The other was estimate the amount of leaves you would have if you were to pick one leaf off off every tree on each block in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • The case studies were tough. Be sure to really practice case interviews and understand the process of going thru a problem. Biz requirements, function requirments, gap analysis, implementation. etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

First round was a short call with HR. Second interview was with the hiring manager, basically the technical interview. The third round was suppose to be behavioral questions but it felt more like a meet and greet.

Interview Questions
    • What was difficult work decision you've made in the past 3 months?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

On campus interview. Very formal and straight forward process. Multiple interviews, the first 2 seemed redundant but just a typical weeding out process. It will take a long time to get through the whole process, be prepared for scenario type questions that challenge you on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What kind of work do you want to do here?   Answer Question