Accenture Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

The interview consisted of a quick behavioral chat, no case study or brainteasers.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Got interviews through the career center at my school. First round consisted of 3 one on one interviews. All case. Accenture was a bit different from some of the other consulting firms (i.e. BCG, AT Kearney, Deloitte etc.) in that they did not give "textbook" cases. They drew from real life experiences and asked how you would structure the problem and solution. Still very case-like.

Id say its most important to make a connection with the interviewer. If you're successful, you'll basically have a conversation about the work they did.

Interview Questions
    • I got a question on retail grocery stores...like how would you measure success.   View Answer
    No negotiation. The offer was solid, very competitive. Sometimes they give an option for location or the work you'd like to be doing. Pick a location and type of work that is good for you.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

There were 5 interviews. First was with Recruiter. Then there was a skills assessment by Senior Manager. After that there was a Situational interview. This was followed by skills assessment by another senior manager. Last was the confirming inteeview with an executive for which I had to fly an all expenses paid trip to Phoenix.

Salary seems too low for my level of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

1. recruiter called to set up an interview
    2. interview
    3. hired!

Interview Questions
    • Drilled down on a very specific experience in my resume. THe recruiter tried to match my experience with the role titles she was familiar with instead of trying to understand the responsibilities that came with the role.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

HR reached out to me after a Sr Manager supplied them my resume. There was a phone interview with HR which lasted about 1 hr. Then there was another phone interview for skills assessment about 30 days later which lasted for 2 hrs. 30 days later I went in for an 1:1 interview with the practice partner.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in July 2009.

I had an interview last week, I had applied for a Consultant position. It was a very formal interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes.I was asked to talk about my resume. I was not interviewed further because Accenture is not willing to sponsor visa.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture in February 2009.

Everything was professional and detailed questions were asked. Logic questions were also included such as: How many tennis balls can you fit in a play?

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in a game?   View Answer

Accepted a different job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2009.

tiwas goodrelevant questionmsotlyif you could get long in the group. they build your skills so not so much concern there.

non existant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Overall, the interview was straightforward and didn't involve a lot of case questions. This may vary depending on which division is hiring you. First started with interview with HR which was also pretty typical and broad based questions. Then met with Senior Manager and Partner of the Healthcare division. Partner interview was suprisingly quick and painless. Most questions centered around my previous background and experience and how that would be a fit for their division.

Interview Questions
    • And of course, they kept asking me if I was okay with traveling during the week. This was repeated by everyone I interviewed with at the firm.   Answer Question
    Straightforward because I was hired straight out of b school so not a lot of room for negotiation. Was able to get a signing bonus and moderate moving allowance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Took two days. It was a great process. Phone interview and panel interview.