Accenture

3.2

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Phone interview 30 minutes going over skills. informed by the end of the call that I made it to the second round.
Phone interview situational.1 hour. Why accenture...tell me about a time....took 1 hour. informed 30 minutes later I made it to the third round.
going to the third round this week

Interview Questions
  • get ready for all behavioral questions. tell me about a time....how did you hande...what was the results   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Two phone interviews.

First one is just going through your resume and ask some super easy questions. About 40 mins in length.

Second one is a bit harder, where most questions are in-depth behavioral questions. The interview is conducted by a HR staff.

Now preparing for the Third round on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

A three step interview process after being reached out to via email. Applied through the career page.

First interview was to hear about my background and general personality (from what I could tell). Basic questions about my resume and previous experience. Was done by a recruiter over the phone and lasted 30 minutes max.

Second interview was the meat of the interview process. Asked about specific experiences, such as project management, dealing with troublesome coworkers, an example of a problem I encountered and what I did to overcome. Overall, the interviewer probed deeper than any other interviewer I had talked to. Made me recall past experiences and go into detail that I had never gone before. Note: be honest with your experiences, if they ask you about something you did in a situation you haven't done before, let them know you don't have an experience with that, but then give an example of something similar that highlights your abilities. Not sure the position of the interviewer, was conducted over the phone and lasted about 1.5 hours.

Third interview was an office visit. Consisted of a presentation led by 2 analysts and 2 consultants followed by one on one interviews with 2 different Senior Executives (one after the other). Was similar in style to second interview, but with many more chances to ask questions and connect with your interviewer. Presentation + Lunch + 2 interviews lasted about 4 hours.

First contact on 12/5/11, first phone interview 12/6/11, second phone interview 12/8/11, office visit 12/15/11, and offer on 12/16/11.

Interview Questions
    • Not a specific question, but the depth and detail that each question probed.   Answer Question
    Based on your degree, they are quite solid on their initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

.First interview is "screening interview" and is about 15/30 minutes long. Basic behavioral questions as well as why the candidate would like to work at Accenture.
    Second and third round interviews are about 30/45 minutes are mostly behavioral, about leadership, how the candidate works with others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

I originally applied for the position in early August. I got a call about a month later asking if I was still interested in the position. The recruiter explained that there would be a phone interview to begin with that would involve simply going through my resume with someone. If they were satisfied with that I would then go on to another phone interview, this time a little more in depth about my experiences. At this point if I made it through that round I would be brought in for a face-to-face interview.

My first phone interview was about two weeks later. As was stated, all we really did was go through my resume and I answered a few questions here and there about it. It was a very low-key, informal interview. I actually ended up talking with the interviewer about my soccer experiences more than anything else on my resume (their child was just starting to play soccer).

I got a call a few days later informing me that I had made it to the next round and that they would like to set up another phone interview. This is when things starting to go downhill. The recruiter asked when I would be free the next week and I told her that I was free the entire week except for one 2-hour gap on one of the days that I would be available. I then received an email the next week confirming the time and date of my second phone interview, which happened to be during the exact time I was unavailable. The problem was that I received the email the day before my interview. In a panic, I called the recruiter and let her know what had happened and that I needed to reschedule and it almost seemed like she was angry that I was rescheduling last second.

The interview was rescheduled for the next week and I made sure it was during a time I would be available. This interview was exactly what I was expecting; a series of "tell me about a time you..." questions. It was much more in-depth than the first interview but the interviewer was very kind and easy to talk to so it really wasn't bad at all.

A few weeks had gone by since the second phone interview so I had assumed I hadn't made it past that round. Then I got a call to schedule the office visit. The recruiter could tell I was confused and asked if I knew I had made it to the next round. When I told her no, I hadn't heard anything she mentioned that they probably got me confused with someone else they already called. Really? At this point I wasn't too impressed with the recruiter and just hoped I would be able to get through the process without anymore hiccups.

The office visit was very nice. There was a group of about 10 of us that were scheduled for the late morning interviews. To start, a group of current consulting analyst gave us a little run through of what was going to be going on during the day in terms of the interviewing process, as well as an information session on Accenture. The interviews themselves were very similar to the second phone interview; a lot of questions about times when I had to lead a group, was recognized for my performance, had a problem that needed to be fixed, etc. I thought it went very well.

A couple of weeks later I received an email saying that unfortunately Accenture would not be able to continue employment talks with me. It seemed like a typical rejection email that could have been received even if I hadn't made it to the first phone interview. I felt that after all the time I had put into the interview process, it was a little unprofessional to simply fire off an email to me telling me I wasn't getting an offer.

All in all, the interviews themselves were quite enjoyable and I had a lot of fun in that aspect. The interview process, as a whole, left a bitter taste in my mouth, however. I was not impressed by the whole ordeal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time there was a problem that couldn't be fixed. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

It was on campus interview and it lasted about 30 min for the first interview. Then a week later, second interview was scheduled within the same week and it was 45 min interview with the manager at New York Midtown office. Third interview was also supposed to schedule a week later but didn't happen. On the first interview I was asked to general questions on why accenture, why consulting, how was your teamwork experience and seemed to focus on communication skills and teamwork. On the second interview manager had couple pages of booklet to write down my answers and couple pages of booklet consisted of questions to ask. I think it has categories of teamwork, time management, conflict, priority, and organization skills. When I seemed having a hard time to answer, he said he can give me different questions and he did which was basically asking about same category.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

First round on campus - resume review/screener.
    Second round behavioural questions - extremely detailed (45 min, 2 main questions).
    Final round at Accenture office with senior managers or executives. Very easy going, mainly just to see if you're a fit for the company. Lots of opportunity to ask questions. HR presentation and location preferences also discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Level of detail asked for in 2nd round interview behavioural questions.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

I applied to Accenture online. A couple of week later I received an email from the recruiter asking if I was interested in an interview with the System Integration Group.

The first round interview was a screening interview over the phone with a manager/consultant. Basically, you just simply go over your resume and experiences. I guess the best advice I can give you is know your resume. Be prepared for the question, "Can you run through your resume for me?" Funny enough, this sounds very straight forward, but it is a good idea to work on creating a narrative for your resume in preparation for this round. The interview lasts 20-30 minutes. The person will ask you a few quick questions about yourself, and probably talk about his/her experience with the company. There are a few minutes for your questions, so think about a thing or two you'd like to ask. This round really is meant to see if you are who your resume says you are. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I would hear back from my recruiter in 5 to 7 business days.

About 5 days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter telling me I had made it to the second round. The recruiter sent my information to the Accenture Interview Scheduling department, who emailed me a couple days afterward to set up an interview time.

The second round interview is a "situational" or behavioral interview done over the phone with another manager/consultant. The person who interviewed me had been with the company for over 10 years. This is the interview that many say is the most important, and I tend to agree with that assessment. Basically you get two or three questions asked about your work or school experience i.e. "Tell me about a time..." This interview was pretty structured and the interviewer was very business-like. The questions I received were "Tell me about a difficult project you have been on?”,"Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker." "Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?" With these questions the interviewer asked follow up questions based on your answers. Make sure you good examples in mind for particular questions. I went online and looked up common behavioral questions, as well looked at this website. There is actually an interview app for your phone that is pretty helpful. Take some time to think about these questions and possible answers that relate to your work or academic experience. Always be prepared for the why Accenture question, which will be asked by every interviewer. This interview went pretty well, but don't be shocked if the interviewer does not give you any hints about how you did, because like I said my particular interviewer was very professional and business-like. The interview only lasted 35 minutes. Again, there was time for my questions. The interviewer let me know that my recruiter would contact me in 3 to 5 business days.

Three days later, my recruiter called me and let me know that I had made to the final round. The final round is an in-office interview and consists of a presentation by a group of young analysts and consultants about working for Accenture. During the presentation an HR rep will come in and talk to you about benefits. It is common to have a small group of candidates with you during this half-day affair. After the presentation, you are taken for two 1-1 interviews with managers/senior managers. Both interviews were situational/behavioral interviews but definitely more laid back and personable. They asked similar questions to the ones I had in the second round. I enjoyed this round a lot more than the second round because of the fact that I was actually talking to somebody face to face. A good question for you to think about is "Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasnt as positive." Thats a good one to think about, because it could definitely catch you off guard. The managers were really pleasant and easy to talk to. They were willing to talk about their experiences both positive and negative, and I felt that I got a lot out of the interview. Ask questions. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks.

Luckily, a couple of days later I heard back from the recruiter, who told me that Accenture wanted to extend me an offer. I accepted the offer a couple of days later.

My best advice for this interview process is to do good research. Go on Accenture's website, read the CEO's remarks, learn about the values and how they do business. Think about how you fit in and try to convey that message during the interview. Go online and look up common behavioral interview questions and think about how you would answer those questions. Relax and show confidence. This is a great opportunity and I am very happy to have this chance. Good luck with your interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why Accenture   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult project you have been on   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasn't as positive as you'd like.   Answer Question
    Deal was very fair based on experience/location/school

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

First interview - 1:1 resume review, talked with a very kind employee about my prior work experience, nothing daunting
    (On-campus) interview-ee dinner: about 20 other potential employees and current employees, very casual, they are just looking for basic social skills
    Second interview: behavioral, more in-depth questions regarding previous work experience
    Third (final) intervew: on-site with 6 other potential hires, day consisted of a brief presentation by a current employee, a technical interview, another personal interview, and lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

I found the position by applying on Accenture.com, then I followed up by calling the Minneapolis, MN office (where I applied to work). I left a msg with a generic voicemail service, and surprisingly a few days later I got a phone call from somebody who wanted to setup an interview.

I started with a phone screening/interview with a Senior Recruiter at Accenture. She asked about my background and resume. This was pretty informal, I think its meant to make sure the candidate is able to speak and carry a professional conversation. After our phone screening I got an email asking to have another interview. I had 1 more interview with her, which was all behavior-based (tell me about a time when...). These were pretty straight forward, average questions...nothing crazy.

After that she sent me an email to setup another phone interview, this would be with somebody else at Accenture. Accenture is big into outsourcing especially when it comes to HR functions. For this interview I had to dial into a "phone meeting room" to speak with a HR rep. Again, many of the same type of questions were asked and I felt it went well. (At this point its been about a week or so since Accentures first contact with me). I made it through the phone interview and made it to Friday, which was face-to-face interviews at the Accenture building downtown. This would be the first face-to-face contact I have with Accenture.

The building was nice, but deserted because everybody travels. The first guy I met with was really nice, and seemed exhausted by the traveling aspect of the job. He is based in MN but is working on a project out east, and has been for a few years. So every Monday morning he boards a plane, and comes home Thurs night. The questions are all scripted which made the interview seem somewhat robotic but it was fine, he was great. Then I went straight into a 2nd interview with somebody different. Pretty much the same questions were asked.

Overall, it was a great process, and everybody I came in contact with was really great. Luckily I knew 2 other people who had worked at Accenture so they gave me some great insight into what the job actually entails (long hours, LOTS of travel, good people etc).

Do not apply for this job if you are not comfortable traveling 80%-90% of the time or working long hours. One former employee I worked with said they worked there for 2 years but probably did 4 years worth of work during that time. Another person I spoke with said they haven't had that experience at all, and they were done everyday by 6pm...so it varies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you broke the rules and why did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a group.   Answer Question
    • How comfortable would you be traveling 4 days per week?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question