Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Very fair and balanced. The process is mostly behavioral and career goal questions trying to determine if you are a balanced candidate without a ton of depth in experience, but an ability to work hard and stay motivated.

Interview Questions
  • There aren't specific questions you can expect to get.   Answer Question
No negotiation. Large company with a fairly straight-forward offer and negotiation process.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

I applied online to the Accenture website for the entry-level Consulting Analyst position at the Boston location. The next day I was emailed by the college entry-level recruiter requesting a phone interview which was scheduled for the next day. The phone interview with the recruiter was comprised of going through your resume and asking questions about why you want to work for Accenture. She asked a few behavioral questions: tell me about a situation where... describe a situation in which.... They were pretty easy questions to answer since you can base them off past work or school experiences. However, if you are not good at thinking on your feet, I strongly suggest you think about recent experiences that you can draw upon where you worked in a group or took on a leadership type of role.

After the phone interview she told me she would be in contact very soon if I was going to move onto the next phase in the interview process. Two or three days later I received an email from another person confirming my availability for another phone interview-which is more extensive. The secong phone interview was outsourced (at least I think) by a contract person who works for Accenture on a part time basis. She was very friendly and open which eased me a lot. Again, this was another behavioral interview. She asked questions about times where I took on a leadership role, times where I seeked out technical advice, etc. This interview was much more thorough. She probed more into my answers by asking how I felt when something occured, which class did these events take place, what was the outcome/result. Definitely be prepared and read up on the STAR technique. I had prepared by having written examples of several answers. Although the questions I used to prepare by weren't asked exactly, the answers could be used for a few of her questions. The interview was pretty lengthy, it lasted for about 45 minutes. She then told me she will send a report to my recruiter and the recruiter will be in touch.

A few hours later I received an email from my recruiter inviting me to the third and final phase of the interview process which was an onsite interview to take place 2 days after the second phone interview. The onsite visit started at 12:00pm even though we had to arrive by 11:45am. There were four other interviewees with me. We viewed a presentation given by 3 current employees-two were consultants and the other was an analyst. We were also provided a light lunch. The presentation consisted of learning more about Accenture, the travel, various groups within Accenture etc. It lasted about an hour or so. After the presentation, each interviewee broke off into individual interviews with a senior executive (or senior manager.) We each met with 2 senior employees for 45 minutes. My first interview was with a senior manager for the Systems team. He was relatively nice; kinda long-winded. He was also a little uptight, he wasn't really open for small talk as most interviewers are. But he told me about himself, his past, and what he currently does, as well as the way Accenture works. Then for the last 30 minutes we spoke about myself and life experiences. Again, it was the behavioral based questions, luckily, there were only 3 or 4 questions and they were pretty easy. He too probed more into my answers; so be prepared for that. Once this interview was over I met with the second interviewer who was super nice! He kinda nixed the formal way of interviewing and engaged in small talk and asked questions occassionally. He told me about his experience within Accenture, because he was new only being with the company for about 3 years which is virtually unheard of. He looked over my resume and asked super easy questions. And went back and asked the questions HR (or the recruiter) has prepared for him, they were the same ones that were asked by the previous person. Once he and I were done, he showed me around the office which was relatively empty considering mostly everyone travels.

Pretty easy stuff right?..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you took on a leadership role within a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were dealing with people with very different personalities, what were the personalities like? what did you do? What was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

The phone interview was my second round interview with Accenture. All behavioral based questions - most of questions are not the typical questions you would hear. The HR person was a third party HR person that hired by multiple companies just for conducting behavioral questions. The interviewer sounded impatient , not a pleasant experience. The interview lasted for 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you seek for technical expertise, what happened and what was the result? <---not sure the significant of this question   Answer Question
    • How have you been preparing for your employment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

The first round interview was just going over my resume and me asking questions about the company. Got called back to a second round interview and it was about 45 minutes of behavioral interviewing where I was asked to discuss previous experiences I've had though classes, internships, jobs, etc. fairly straightforward, waiting to heard back about the 3rd round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Got selected for on campus interview. Had 30 minute interview just asking about past experiencess

The interviewer was not very nice.

Asked me a leadership experience, what i think the job entailed, why work for Accenture? It was a very rushed experience. But the turn around is quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

I initially applied to the job through my Universities jobs website. I submitted my resume and was contacted for an on campus interview. I wasn't able to make the on campus interview so they allowed me to do a phone interview. A few months went by before they were able to conduct the phone interview, they let me know I had fallen through the cracks. The phone interview was 30 minutes long and was more of a "coffee talk" type interview. A few weeks later I had a 1 hour long phone interview which tested my ability to think on my feet. Following that I was invited to an on site interview and the company flew me to the interview site, put me in a hotel, and paid for all of my expenses.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you had to teach someone how to do something?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I wasn't even able to pick the office of my choice.

Consulting Analyst Interview

4 to 5 rounds of interviews, mixed with behavioral, group case studies. Overall experience was quite pleasant. The questions asked are pretty straight forward, and there aren't a lot of curve balls. Just remember to have past experiences that may help indicate your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions starting with "tell me a time when ...etc"   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

The process took about 3 months. It was an excellent experience. They visited my university offered various workshops and seminars. Then apply through the internet. A week later they contacted me notifying me that I was selected to interview. Generally the first interview was simple, ask all about you, go over your resume, and your experiences. It is a three interviews. Unfortunately the first pass.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

Whole process took really long, I had to write to them twice to enquire about my application's status before they replied and called me up.

First round was a basic resume interview that was quite easy, just know your resume cold.

Second round was tough, or rather I had a tough interviewer (a certain senior manager), seeing how some people said it was easy. He asked behavioural questions, but made it a point to probe further such that it can get really confusing sometimes. REMEMBER: DON'T LIE. The interviewer will not hesitate to interrogate and expose you. I think I bombed on this part, because I made up certain details given that I couldn't really remember some of the events and got awkwardly exposed. Also, always remember that you're meant to answer the primary question- the very first one asked- so don't ramble on and forget about it. The interviewer was quite happy to take all the questions (I asked about 4 or 5 of them), and came out with really long answers. Total interview duration was about 1.5 hours +.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped troubleshoot for a person.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

For Management Consulting in 2010 - one phone screen (role knowledge and behavioral) - phone interview with a manager (experience and resume) and two on-site interviews with senior managers (why Accenture, background, passions, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Business Case on how to improve SLAs for a service company   Answer Question
    Non existent. They base offer salaries for entry level positions on a matrix that covers college major, city location and experience level.