Accenture

Updated Nov 27, 2014

3.2

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

I applied for a consulting analyst position online. A recruiter emailed the following day requesting a follow up interview. The interview was okay and it lasted about an hour. We talked about my background and he wanted to make sure that I met the basic qualifications for the position. He talked about the interview process: 4 interviews total - first with recruiter, two at the site (one skills based, one with a manager), and one with a senior executive. If you make it to the senior executive interview, the job is yours to lose. He also talked about potential salary which made me uncomfortable. He gave me this long diatribe about how they would justify my salary. I didn't like this because I thought I would be pigeon holed into a certain salary. Either way, he told me that I was qualified and he would be forwarding my information on to the next series of interviews.

The second set of interviews was at the site in Reston. The interview day is called a "Career Invitational." I was there with lots of other people, and it was a little tense. Most of the other interviewers had flown in from around the country. I had two back to back interviews scheduled that day. My interviewer was late to the interview, and I was the only interviewee waiting around. The first was a technical skills assessment interview. I didn't really know how to prepare for this. My advice would be to know your resume in and out and how your skills match up to the job description. Have lots of examples (recent examples) of your work. I haven't done technical work in a number of years and I was interviewing for a technical position, so I think I was at a disadvantage. The questions weren't difficult, but I don't think I was really prepared. He asked about my technical background and he really wanted to know if I had done any technical work in the last two years. I tried to talk about my previous technical work, and my current transferable skills, but I just couldn't answer some of the questions. I didn't really feel good after this interview, but I had to stay positive because the second interview was right after this one. He gave me his card at the end of the interview.

The following interview was great. I immediately connected with the interviewer. He asked about my background, work ethic, and why I was interested in Accenture. I asked him lots of questions. He was engaging and friendly, but he was very honest about how demanding the position would be. The interview was very conversational. He told me that a committee would meet to review the outcome of all of the previous interviews and decide on whether they would offer a position. At the end, he told me that he would give a positive recommendation.

After leaving, I didn't have a good sense on whether they would hire me. A week or so after the interview I emailed the recruiter and the other interviewers. The recruiter told me that they were interested in hiring me, but wanted me to go through the entry level consulting group. He never explained what that meant. I'm writing this a month after he told me this, and I have yet to be contacted. I feel like they have left me hanging in this process because I've heard that they send you a letter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • how is visual basic .net different from visual basic 6.0?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Very fair and balanced. The process is mostly behavioral and career goal questions trying to determine if you are a balanced candidate without a ton of depth in experience, but an ability to work hard and stay motivated.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't specific questions you can expect to get.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Large company with a fairly straight-forward offer and negotiation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

I applied online to the Accenture website for the entry-level Consulting Analyst position at the Boston location. The next day I was emailed by the college entry-level recruiter requesting a phone interview which was scheduled for the next day. The phone interview with the recruiter was comprised of going through your resume and asking questions about why you want to work for Accenture. She asked a few behavioral questions: tell me about a situation where... describe a situation in which.... They were pretty easy questions to answer since you can base them off past work or school experiences. However, if you are not good at thinking on your feet, I strongly suggest you think about recent experiences that you can draw upon where you worked in a group or took on a leadership type of role.

After the phone interview she told me she would be in contact very soon if I was going to move onto the next phase in the interview process. Two or three days later I received an email from another person confirming my availability for another phone interview-which is more extensive. The secong phone interview was outsourced (at least I think) by a contract person who works for Accenture on a part time basis. She was very friendly and open which eased me a lot. Again, this was another behavioral interview. She asked questions about times where I took on a leadership role, times where I seeked out technical advice, etc. This interview was much more thorough. She probed more into my answers by asking how I felt when something occured, which class did these events take place, what was the outcome/result. Definitely be prepared and read up on the STAR technique. I had prepared by having written examples of several answers. Although the questions I used to prepare by weren't asked exactly, the answers could be used for a few of her questions. The interview was pretty lengthy, it lasted for about 45 minutes. She then told me she will send a report to my recruiter and the recruiter will be in touch.

A few hours later I received an email from my recruiter inviting me to the third and final phase of the interview process which was an onsite interview to take place 2 days after the second phone interview. The onsite visit started at 12:00pm even though we had to arrive by 11:45am. There were four other interviewees with me. We viewed a presentation given by 3 current employees-two were consultants and the other was an analyst. We were also provided a light lunch. The presentation consisted of learning more about Accenture, the travel, various groups within Accenture etc. It lasted about an hour or so. After the presentation, each interviewee broke off into individual interviews with a senior executive (or senior manager.) We each met with 2 senior employees for 45 minutes. My first interview was with a senior manager for the Systems team. He was relatively nice; kinda long-winded. He was also a little uptight, he wasn't really open for small talk as most interviewers are. But he told me about himself, his past, and what he currently does, as well as the way Accenture works. Then for the last 30 minutes we spoke about myself and life experiences. Again, it was the behavioral based questions, luckily, there were only 3 or 4 questions and they were pretty easy. He too probed more into my answers; so be prepared for that. Once this interview was over I met with the second interviewer who was super nice! He kinda nixed the formal way of interviewing and engaged in small talk and asked questions occassionally. He told me about his experience within Accenture, because he was new only being with the company for about 3 years which is virtually unheard of. He looked over my resume and asked super easy questions. And went back and asked the questions HR (or the recruiter) has prepared for him, they were the same ones that were asked by the previous person. Once he and I were done, he showed me around the office which was relatively empty considering mostly everyone travels.

Pretty easy stuff right?..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you took on a leadership role within a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were dealing with people with very different personalities, what were the personalities like? what did you do? What was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

The phone interview was my second round interview with Accenture. All behavioral based questions - most of questions are not the typical questions you would hear. The HR person was a third party HR person that hired by multiple companies just for conducting behavioral questions. The interviewer sounded impatient , not a pleasant experience. The interview lasted for 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you seek for technical expertise, what happened and what was the result? <---not sure the significant of this question   Answer Question
    • How have you been preparing for your employment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Got selected for on campus interview. Had 30 minute interview just asking about past experiencess

The interviewer was not very nice.

Asked me a leadership experience, what i think the job entailed, why work for Accenture? It was a very rushed experience. But the turn around is quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

The first round interview was just going over my resume and me asking questions about the company. Got called back to a second round interview and it was about 45 minutes of behavioral interviewing where I was asked to discuss previous experiences I've had though classes, internships, jobs, etc. fairly straightforward, waiting to heard back about the 3rd round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

I initially applied to the job through my Universities jobs website. I submitted my resume and was contacted for an on campus interview. I wasn't able to make the on campus interview so they allowed me to do a phone interview. A few months went by before they were able to conduct the phone interview, they let me know I had fallen through the cracks. The phone interview was 30 minutes long and was more of a "coffee talk" type interview. A few weeks later I had a 1 hour long phone interview which tested my ability to think on my feet. Following that I was invited to an on site interview and the company flew me to the interview site, put me in a hotel, and paid for all of my expenses.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you had to teach someone how to do something?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I wasn't even able to pick the office of my choice.

Consulting Analyst Interview

4 to 5 rounds of interviews, mixed with behavioral, group case studies. Overall experience was quite pleasant. The questions asked are pretty straight forward, and there aren't a lot of curve balls. Just remember to have past experiences that may help indicate your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions starting with "tell me a time when ...etc"   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

The process took about 3 months. It was an excellent experience. They visited my university offered various workshops and seminars. Then apply through the internet. A week later they contacted me notifying me that I was selected to interview. Generally the first interview was simple, ask all about you, go over your resume, and your experiences. It is a three interviews. Unfortunately the first pass.

Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

There is a long application form designed to test the motivations of the candidate.

The phone interview consists of general awareness questions about ACN, the role of a consultant and the industry. It is important to be able to discuss previous projects performed by the company (see case studies). The competency based questions are the classics (e.g. Give me an example of a situation when you...). They read a short case study and ask you to identify the key problems and suggest a solution(s).

The test centre consists of a group exercise, individual project planning exercise and final interview. There is very little preparation that will help at this stage. I would recommend reviewing the project life-cycle and Gant charts.