Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

3.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Makati City (Philippines)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

There were two interviews with the consultants, one behavioral and one case interview.
Both seem basic enough, and you simply must demonstrate you have what it takes to fit in with Accenture's culture and have the skills and ability to do well in the job.
Practice with a friend, someone with experience in consulting would help. Always try to practice, especially with case questions like market sizing, estimations, etc. Keep a pen and notebook with you at all times during the interview process and take notes.
Lastly, always be cool, and think your answers through. Have fun with the interview process: it's kinda long and there are bumps along the way but be sure to enjoy it. If you can't, then this job may not be yours to enjoy as well.

Interview Questions
  • Case question, definitely. Keep practicing case interview questions with friends!   Answer Question
Entry level job, so no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

All in all, Accenture was actually the easiest interviewing process I had applying for jobs out of Undergraduate school.

The key is demonstrated success via your resume and / or Education in addition to a friendly, personable demeanor that should show during the interviewing process. Be yourself, ask good questions, and let your abilities speak for themselves. They are looking for smart people who can learn new things quickly and who will also present themselves well in front of clients.

Accenture normally hires on campus, however, since they didn't come to MY campus I ended up applying online.

I was contacted within a couple days to setup my first interview with my recruiter. It was 30 minutes on the phone to go over the details of my resume. I found the recruiter extremely easy to talk to (she had been a former consultant who switched to HR) and felt that the conversation with fun and relaxed.

The second interview was again on the phone for 1 hour with HR. This interview was actually a bit odd - for example, the woman put me on hold for 5 minutes to answer her front door when a packaged was delivered. However, I got the call later that day that I was confirmed for a third interview.

Finally, the third interview occurred in my location of choice (Chicago). Accenture footed the bill to fly me there. Me and the other interviewees spent about a half day there consisting of two 30 minute interviews with Senior Executives interspersed with presentations by analysts and consultants who already worked for the company.

I received an offer within a few days of the final interview and had 2 weeks to consider (I accepted).

Interview Questions
    • The second interview was "behavioral" and was done by a woman in HR who didn't have much background in consulting. However, since she asked typical behavioral interview type questions there were no big surprises there.   Answer Question
    No, did not negotiate. I had a friend who negotiated and received an extra $1K in bonus. From talking to others, negotiation for an entry-level position is pretty difficult.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture.

Was hired through a university feeder program. Met with the hiring rep at a job fair and turned in my resume. Rep came back on campus to administer a logic test a few weeks later. Had several phone discussions with the rep following the test, but never had a formal interview with any consultants or partners.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

I applied late-September and was invited for the first round of interviews in late-October and from there, the entire process from the first interview to the offer lasted about 11 days.

The first interview for me was a 1-1 meeting with the senior manager, the purpose of this interview is for you to make your resume shine and so this is the part where you discuss your achievements in school and professional career (if applicable). During this interview, you will also be tested to see if you know what you are applying for (what the position entails) and whether or not you are prepared for consulting with Accenture (are you a good fit, able to travel, etc.). For this interview, I highly suggest knowing your resume inside-out and researching as much as you can about why you want to work for Accenture. At the end of the interview, you are asked to state your availability so that should you make it to the next round, they can schedule you for the next interview.

That same night I got a call and my second interview was scheduled 3 days later.

The second interview was a 1-1 phone interview with executive/partner and was a behavioural-based interview. I was asked 4 questions over the span of 1 hour. My only advice for this stage is to prepare 5-6 events in your professional/academic career and know every little detail and to research on behavioural-based questions for a few examples. Do not overlook this stage as it is the most critical stage and this is the part where the majority of candidates get filtered out. Know your experiences and be ready to confidently apply them in the STAR answer format for the interviewer. Small talk never hurts at the start to engage the interviewer (small talk never hurts, period).

Questions asked were (the words may be twisted, by the question can be derived and asked multiple ways):

1) Tell me about a time where you had trouble working in a team-based setting, what did you do?
    2) Tell me about a time when you had little experience in a technical role and was assigned a task to complete that complemented said role, what did you do?
    3) Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you.
    4) I forgot the last question but I hope you get the idea...

2 days after the phone interview, I was congratulated for making it this far and that I advanced to the final round interview which was held in one of the Accenture offices 3 days later.

The final interview was 2 hours long and was with 2 interviewers, one being a senior manager (different from the first) and partner (different from the first). Expect a less formal interview which will combine the highlights of both the first and second interview, meaning, you will be asked behavioural-based questions (though not to the details expected from the second interview) and tested for fit. This is your last chance to show your enthusiasm to work for Accenture, do not assume it will be easy because you made it past the 'hardest' part. Your interpersonal skills will shine here.

Offer came half a week later and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had trouble working in a team-based setting, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had little experience in a technical role and was assigned a task to complete that complemented said role, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question
    Salary is non-negotiable but very competitive as I've done my market research. You could try and negotiate the location which you picked (out of your top 3) if you did not get the desired first pick.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I first applied online on July 7th, 2011. 2 weeks later I received an email for a phone interview that was to follow in a couple days. It was very informal and with someone from the company who did the exact job that I was interviewing for. She was very young and new to the company, and the questions were generally to see if you understand what Accenture is and just discuss a little bit about your resume. About 30 mins.

Less than a week later, I got the email that I would have a 2nd interview. This was again a phone interview, but meant to be much longer and much more behavorial and in depth. This was with a high ranking executive within the company. This was about an hour long, and the questions were situational. "Tell me about a time where you showed leadership", etc.

In another week or two, I was invited for a 3rd in person interview at the office. This is now nearly exactly 1 month from when I first submitted my application online. The first thing is a presentation given by 5 of 6 current young Consulting Analysts and they tell you about the company, etc. They have no influence on your hiring decision so don't freak out for that! Then there are 2 interviews, each with high ranking executives, about 45 mins long each. They ask the exact same questions as the 2nd interview (situational) and also draw questions from your resume, which is right in front of them. Then they feed you and let you leave. The current Analysts were really down to earth.

It took 1 month to hear the end result after this last interview. This time was completely and utterly nerve wracking. They emailed about every week to say they were experiencing hiring delays. Finally once I heard back, I was extended an offer. I accepted.

Took 2 months since I submitted the application online.

Interview Questions
    • They would point to some part of your resume and ask you to elaborate, or ask you situational questions about that information listed on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question
    • Do you know what Accenture does?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who was difficult or didn't pull their own weight?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a team.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Pretty normal or pretty difficult based on the requirements and recruitment urgency in the firm; people are recruited from various backgrounds.

Interviews are conducted by people having good experience in the company and can be tough depending on the knowledge of the person interviewer; normally interviewer is from a top notch b-school so the interviewee is required to have good knowledge. Normally three-four rounds of interviews starting from phone to face to face, to panel of 2-3, to senior manager round (or principal/partner round) then HR round.

Work culture is fantastic, a great company overall.

I was not allowed to negotiate and more so I did not have to as accenture consulting pays quite well as compared to the market.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

I had 1 round of phone interview by the HR followed by a 1:1 interview with a consultant. After clearing these rounds, I attended a 3 days camp whereby we had to present to senior management a business case analysis and solution. The final round of interview was with a partner. Interviews are mostly competencies-based and centered around understanding you as an individual. The interview setting was casual; something like a chit-chat and get-to-know-you session to assess your fit with the job as well as their culture. Overall, the interviewers were quite professional and had good interview experience.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

My first interview was over the phone given the inconvenience of attending their offices. The gentleman was well-spoken, mild-mannered, and polite. The interviewer was also very professional to eliminate what residue nervousness I had, and the process went smoothly.

It's been a while, but off the top of my head, he asked why I wanted to work in consulting, why Accenture, and "tell me about a time when ..." type questions. Mostly behavioural at this stage. As for the "tell me about a time", he mostly inquired on teamwork skills, interpersonal skills, project management skills and the sort. It's best to dig into your memories to choose exemplary situations where you were able to overcome something - be it a conflict, a difficulty that has barred colleagues, and the result you achieved. STAR model helps.

Second round interviews were at the offices in London. This was a half-day assessment starting at 9 and ending at 1pm. This interview tests everything from your ability to multi-task (in-tray exercises), your problem-solving skills (1:1 cases), your teamwork skills (timed group presentation) and your presentation skills. Activities are typically managed by two people, who try to be "out of the way" as much as possible to allow you to perform your most natural. As intimidating as this is, this isn't difficult if you show your true, qualified colours and not put on any theatrics.

Interview Questions
    • What is causing the company in the case to be losing money - what problems are they facing?   View Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

I was contacted by a hiring consultant, who then forwarded by CV to the company HR. They scheduled my interview with the operations person incharge. An interview date was dedicided and telephonic interview was conducted

Consulting Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, signed up for a interview. 1st round is a quick resume check/behavioral, 2nd round is more behavioral. Third round they take you to an office to chat with senior execs.

All of the entry level employees I met at info sessions, pre-nights, and so on were great people. On the other hand, all of the managers I met were middle aged, white and boring.