Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.2

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The process took about 3 months. It was an excellent experience. They visited my university offered various workshops and seminars. Then apply through the internet. A week later they contacted me notifying me that I was selected to interview. Generally the first interview was simple, ask all about you, go over your resume, and your experiences. It is a three interviews. Unfortunately the first pass.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

There is a long application form designed to test the motivations of the candidate. The phone interview consists of general awareness questions about ACN, the role of a consultant and the industry. It is important to be able to discuss previous projects performed by the company (see case studies). The competency based questions are the classics (e.g. Give me an example of a situation when you...). They read a short case study and ask you to identify the key problems and suggest a solution(s). The test centre consists of a group exercise, individual project planning exercise and final interview. There is very little preparation that will help at this stage. I would recommend reviewing the project life-cycle and Gant charts.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Whole process took really long, I had to write to them twice to enquire about my application's status before they replied and called me up. First round was a basic resume interview that was quite easy, just know your resume cold. Second round was tough, or rather I had a tough interviewer (a certain senior manager), seeing how some people said it was easy. He asked behavioural questions, but made it a point to probe further such that it can get really confusing sometimes. REMEMBER: DON'T LIE. The interviewer will not hesitate to interrogate and expose you. I think I bombed on this part, because I made up certain details given that I couldn't really remember some of the events and got awkwardly exposed. Also, always remember that you're meant to answer the primary question- the very first one asked- so don't ramble on and forget about it. The interviewer was quite happy to take all the questions (I asked about 4 or 5 of them), and came out with really long answers. Total interview duration was about 1.5 hours +.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped troubleshoot for a person.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

For Management Consulting in 2010 - one phone screen (role knowledge and behavioral) - phone interview with a manager (experience and resume) and two on-site interviews with senior managers (why Accenture, background, passions, etc).

Interview Questions

• Business Case on how to improve SLAs for a service company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent. They base offer salaries for entry level positions on a matrix that covers college major, city location and experience level.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Makati City (Philippines)) in September 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews with the consultants, one behavioral and one case interview. Both seem basic enough, and you simply must demonstrate you have what it takes to fit in with Accenture's culture and have the skills and ability to do well in the job. Practice with a friend, someone with experience in consulting would help. Always try to practice, especially with case questions like market sizing, estimations, etc. Keep a pen and notebook with you at all times during the interview process and take notes. Lastly, always be cool, and think your answers through. Have fun with the interview process: it's kinda long and there are bumps along the way but be sure to enjoy it. If you can't, then this job may not be yours to enjoy as well.

Interview Questions

• Case question, definitely. Keep practicing case interview questions with friends!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level job, so no negotiation.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

All in all, Accenture was actually the easiest interviewing process I had applying for jobs out of Undergraduate school. The key is demonstrated success via your resume and / or Education in addition to a friendly, personable demeanor that should show during the interviewing process. Be yourself, ask good questions, and let your abilities speak for themselves. They are looking for smart people who can learn new things quickly and who will also present themselves well in front of clients. Accenture normally hires on campus, however, since they didn't come to MY campus I ended up applying online. I was contacted within a couple days to setup my first interview with my recruiter. It was 30 minutes on the phone to go over the details of my resume. I found the recruiter extremely easy to talk to (she had been a former consultant who switched to HR) and felt that the conversation with fun and relaxed. The second interview was again on the phone for 1 hour with HR. This interview was actually a bit odd - for example, the woman put me on hold for 5 minutes to answer her front door when a packaged was delivered. However, I got the call later that day that I was confirmed for a third interview. Finally, the third interview occurred in my location of choice (Chicago). Accenture footed the bill to fly me there. Me and the other interviewees spent about a half day there consisting of two 30 minute interviews with Senior Executives interspersed with presentations by analysts and consultants who already worked for the company. I received an offer within a few days of the final interview and had 2 weeks to consider (I accepted).

Interview Questions

• The second interview was "behavioral" and was done by a woman in HR who didn't have much background in consulting. However, since she asked typical behavioral interview type questions there were no big surprises there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, did not negotiate. I had a friend who negotiated and received an extra $1K in bonus. From talking to others, negotiation for an entry-level position is pretty difficult.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Was hired through a university feeder program. Met with the hiring rep at a job fair and turned in my resume. Rep came back on campus to administer a logic test a few weeks later. Had several phone discussions with the rep following the test, but never had a formal interview with any consultants or partners.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Interview

I applied late-September and was invited for the first round of interviews in late-October and from there, the entire process from the first interview to the offer lasted about 11 days. The first interview for me was a 1-1 meeting with the senior manager, the purpose of this interview is for you to make your resume shine and so this is the part where you discuss your achievements in school and professional career (if applicable). During this interview, you will also be tested to see if you know what you are applying for (what the position entails) and whether or not you are prepared for consulting with Accenture (are you a good fit, able to travel, etc.). For this interview, I highly suggest knowing your resume inside-out and researching as much as you can about why you want to work for Accenture. At the end of the interview, you are asked to state your availability so that should you make it to the next round, they can schedule you for the next interview. That same night I got a call and my second interview was scheduled 3 days later. The second interview was a 1-1 phone interview with executive/partner and was a behavioural-based interview. I was asked 4 questions over the span of 1 hour. My only advice for this stage is to prepare 5-6 events in your professional/academic career and know every little detail and to research on behavioural-based questions for a few examples. Do not overlook this stage as it is the most critical stage and this is the part where the majority of candidates get filtered out. Know your experiences and be ready to confidently apply them in the STAR answer format for the interviewer. Small talk never hurts at the start to engage the interviewer (small talk never hurts, period). Questions asked were (the words may be twisted, by the question can be derived and asked multiple ways): 1) Tell me about a time where you had trouble working in a team-based setting, what did you do? 2) Tell me about a time when you had little experience in a technical role and was assigned a task to complete that complemented said role, what did you do? 3) Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you. 4) I forgot the last question but I hope you get the idea... 2 days after the phone interview, I was congratulated for making it this far and that I advanced to the final round interview which was held in one of the Accenture offices 3 days later. The final interview was 2 hours long and was with 2 interviewers, one being a senior manager (different from the first) and partner (different from the first). Expect a less formal interview which will combine the highlights of both the first and second interview, meaning, you will be asked behavioural-based questions (though not to the details expected from the second interview) and tested for fit. This is your last chance to show your enthusiasm to work for Accenture, do not assume it will be easy because you made it past the 'hardest' part. Your interpersonal skills will shine here. Offer came half a week later and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had trouble working in a team-based setting, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had little experience in a technical role and was assigned a task to complete that complemented said role, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable but very competitive as I've done my market research. You could try and negotiate the location which you picked (out of your top 3) if you did not get the desired first pick.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Interview

I first applied online on July 7th, 2011. 2 weeks later I received an email for a phone interview that was to follow in a couple days. It was very informal and with someone from the company who did the exact job that I was interviewing for. She was very young and new to the company, and the questions were generally to see if you understand what Accenture is and just discuss a little bit about your resume. About 30 mins. Less than a week later, I got the email that I would have a 2nd interview. This was again a phone interview, but meant to be much longer and much more behavorial and in depth. This was with a high ranking executive within the company. This was about an hour long, and the questions were situational. "Tell me about a time where you showed leadership", etc. In another week or two, I was invited for a 3rd in person interview at the office. This is now nearly exactly 1 month from when I first submitted my application online. The first thing is a presentation given by 5 of 6 current young Consulting Analysts and they tell you about the company, etc. They have no influence on your hiring decision so don't freak out for that! Then there are 2 interviews, each with high ranking executives, about 45 mins long each. They ask the exact same questions as the 2nd interview (situational) and also draw questions from your resume, which is right in front of them. Then they feed you and let you leave. The current Analysts were really down to earth. It took 1 month to hear the end result after this last interview. This time was completely and utterly nerve wracking. They emailed about every week to say they were experiencing hiring delays. Finally once I heard back, I was extended an offer. I accepted. Took 2 months since I submitted the application online.

Interview Questions

• They would point to some part of your resume and ask you to elaborate, or ask you situational questions about that information listed on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question
    • Do you know what Accenture does?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who was difficult or didn't pull their own weight?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Pretty normal or pretty difficult based on the requirements and recruitment urgency in the firm; people are recruited from various backgrounds. Interviews are conducted by people having good experience in the company and can be tough depending on the knowledge of the person interviewer; normally interviewer is from a top notch b-school so the interviewee is required to have good knowledge. Normally three-four rounds of interviews starting from phone to face to face, to panel of 2-3, to senior manager round (or principal/partner round) then HR round. Work culture is fantastic, a great company overall.

Negotiation

I was not allowed to negotiate and more so I did not have to as accenture consulting pays quite well as compared to the market.